피날레 (The Finale)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the final chapter, and I apologize if it doesn't meet your expectations. Enjoy!

---

 

As Yoona was about to drive away, a familiar car passed in front of her.

 

"Why's he leaving? Well, it's clear she picked him. Probably on their date, just like he said."

 

A loud knock on her car window brought her back to reality. It was Jennie, motioning for her to step out. Nervously complying, Yoona straightened up as she got out of the car.

 

"What happened to the confident Detective Lim?"

 

Yoona felt speechless, meeting Jennie's reddened eyes. She remembered earlier, "Your tears over him, huh? You don't look good."

 

Jennie's face was emotionless, leaving Yoona puzzled. "Is that all you know? Running from your problems?"

 

Yoona stared at Jennie, her eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean? You clearly chose him. Isn't that obvious? I have no right to be here. I already know your answer."

 

"I often wonder why I loved you. Why are you so dumb?"

 

Taken aback, Yoona retorted, "Excuse me! You can't call me dumb. You could've explained instead of being mean."

 

Jennie crossed her arms and pouted. Yoona was surprised once again by her change in demeanor. "I didn't choose him."

 

Baffled, Yoona leaned in to hear Jennie better. "Sorry, I didn't catch that."

 

Jennie rolled her eyes and sighed. "I said I didn't choose him...because I still choose you."

 

Nervousness washed over Yoona as she blinked rapidly.

 

As Jennie held Jongin's face, she sighed, ready to express her true feelings. "You're a great guy, and you show love openly. Even though you have your flaws—" Jongin chuckled, and she continued, "You know how to care for someone like me. You deserve someone who reciprocates your love, but that's not me, Jongin."

 

Jongin wiped a tear, chuckling bitterly. "Right. No matter how many times she messes up, you'll always pick her."

 

Tears streamed down Jennie's face. She was hurting, seeing Jongin beside her, yet her heart still called out for Detective Lim. She had always convinced herself that someone else might be better, but her heart disagreed. "I'm sorry, Jongin. I care about you, but I want her."

 

"The moment she entered my life, I changed. I've fallen for her countless times. Even when she hurt me, broke me, I'd still choose her. I can't imagine her with anyone else, it's always been her and me."

 

"Cat got your tongue this time, Detective Lim?" Jennie joked, trying to lighten the mood. But Yoona remained silent, and that worried Jennie. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked with concern, studying Yoona's face.

 

Yoona continued to gaze at her, causing Jennie to blush. 

 

"W-why are you staring at me like that?" Jennie stuttered. "Yah! S-stop right there!" Jennie took a step backward as Yoona moved closer.

 

Then, Yoona smiled at her and leaned in for a sweet kiss, surprising the idol. Jennie was initially shocked, and her lack of response made Yoona pull her even closer, deepening the kiss.

 

After they broke the kiss to catch their breath, they exchanged smiles. "I love you," Jennie said, her eyes teary with disbelief at hearing those three magical words from Yoona.

 

"I love you more."

 

"And please be mine," Jennie added, her expression adorable.

 

Yoona chuckled and grinned. "Would you be my girlfriend?" Jennie happily nodded and hugged Yoona once again.

 

"WELL WELL WELL. LOOKS LIKE OUR NEXT GOAL IS TO GET MARRIED!" 

 

The voice made them turn around, and they saw the Seulrene couple, Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa all wiggling their eyebrows mischievously.

 

Yoona burst into laughter upon seeing Seulgi in a bear onesie and Lisa in a monkey onesie.

 

"OH MY GRACIOUS BLOODY HELL! WHAT KIND OF OUTFITS ARE YOU TWO WEARING?" Yoona laughed so hard that it brought her close to tears.

 

However, the glare from Rosé and Irene silenced Yoona's laughter. Jisoo, holding a bucket of chicken, just watched the scene unfold. Seulgi and Lisa were utterly embarrassed by their outfits and the fact that they were outside the dorm.

 

Jennie clung to Yoona's arm, and her smile turned devilish. Yoona blinked and gulped, realizing what was about to happen.

 

"Babe, I have something for you," Jennie purred, signaling Jisoo, who tossed them another onesie. "Wear this for me, please."

 

Yoona looked at the deer onesie, then at their friends' faces.

 

"As if you can escape that, cousin! Even if you say no, she'll still persuade you. Why not join us?" Seulgi teased, smirking at Yoona.

 

"Yeah, why not join us? You could be our leader, Detective," Lisa added, smirking as well.

 

Yoona gritted her teeth, feeling trapped. Seulgi knew she despised cutesy stuff, and while Seulgi didn't like them either, she always gave in to Irene.

 

"Please," Yoona groaned, giving in when Jennie pouted at her. She handed the onesie over to Jennie and weakly smiled, though Jennie's continued smirk irritated her.

 

The group had decided to dress their partners in cute onesies that matched their personalities. Lisa wore a monkey onesie, Seulgi sported a bear, and Yoona was given a deer.

 

Stepping outside of Jennie's room, Yoona received an enthusiastic reaction from the others, who screamed in delight at her deer onesie.

 

"You look really cute! Oh my god, come here, babe!" Jennie dragged Yoona to the couch, where they were all planning to take pictures together.

 

"I wish my members were here," Irene sighed, already missing her Red Velvet groupmates.

 

"As if you really miss us," someone chimed in. They all looked shocked as the three members of Red Velvet entered the room.

 

"I called them to come here because I didn't want to be a third wheel," Jisoo explained, rolling her eyes. She laughed when she saw Wendy in an Olaf onesie. "Who told you to wear that? You're not even taken, as far as we remember."

 

Wendy chuckled nervously, and then they heard Joy yelling their names. "I told her to wear something, so I wouldn't be alone," Joy said, playfully rolling her eyes and taking a seat next to Seulgi.

 

Joy looked at Irene and smiled, teasing, "You're fake. You miss us, yet you couldn't even call us here because you're so busy with Seulgi Unnie."

 

Irene was taken aback by Joy's words, about to retort when Seulgi stopped her with a look. "Fine. Be thankful I'm not in the mood to start a fight with you," Irene mumbled, leaning her head on Seulgi's shoulder.

 

Everyone chuckled at Irene's response.

 

"Alright, let's all settle down and take a picture," Jisoo instructed, holding the camera. She evaluated each of them, tilting her head to think of the best pose for each couple. "Joy, is that really necessary? You're clinging to Wendy like your life depends on it." Joy had her arms wrapped around Wendy's like a koala.

 

Yeri stood behind the couch, watching them with an odd expression. "You guys are truly something," she muttered under her breath.

 

Jisoo then looked at Jennie's position and sighed, "Uh, Mandu, that's a bit mature content. Is sitting on Detective Lim's lap really necessary?"

 

"Is there a problem with that?" Jennie retorted. Jisoo quickly shook her head and gave a thumbs-up, indicating that it was okay.

 

She observed the Seulrene couple and smiled, watching the two of them being sweet together. Irene's head was resting on Seulgi's shoulder, and their hands were intertwined. "You guys are the normal couple here," she mumbled to herself.

 

Then she looked at the last pair, Chaelisa. She facepalmed and shook her head as she saw Rosé sitting between Lisa's legs. "Even you, Chaeyoung? Really?" Chaelisa just sheepishly smiled at her, prompting Jisoo to playfully roll her eyes.

 

"I'm gonna set the timer now so I can join you all," Jisoo announced, adjusting the camera timer and then taking her place behind the long couch next to Yeri. "Let's just make a heart shape, what do you think?" Yeri nodded in agreement, both of them chuckling.

 

They captured various pictures together, saving the memories of their fun-filled time. They played games, laughed together, and most importantly, leaned on each other's companionship.

 

---

(ONE MONTH LATER)

 

"Goodbye, T," Jessica muttered under her breath as she watched Tyler leave their shared condo with his belongings.

 

"I hope it won't be awkward for the two of you, considering you work together," Krystal suddenly spoke from behind, looking at her older sister.

 

Jessica sighed and nodded, "Yes, but it's the right decision. Oddly enough, I didn't even cry or feel heartbroken." She shrugged and retrieved her purse from her room.

 

"Come on, little sissy. I don't want to hear her complain again," Krystal teased.

 

The two sisters began to walk out of the building, only to be met by Detective Lim, sitting on the bumper of her car, obviously waiting for Jessica and Krystal.

 

"What took you so long? Crying your eyes out because he's no longer in your life? Good choice, Ms. Jung," Yoona remarked.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and got into the car, with Krystal following suit. "Are my eyes red? You're a detective, you should know better."

 

Krystal softly nudged her sister's arm, urging her to stop being harsh.

 

"This is the only way to get rid of my feelings for her," Jessica muttered, leaning comfortably in her seat.

 

Jessica wanted to buy groceries and dragged Krystal along so it wouldn't be awkward leaving her alone with the detective.

 

She knew that Jennie and her bodyguard were together now, and it hurt her. But there was nothing she could do to win Yoona's heart. She wasn't someone who would steal another's happiness, especially when Jennie and Yoona were officially together. So, she let go of her feelings for the younger detective.

 

Breaking things off with Tyler was a decision she made because she wasn't ready for marriage. Marriage was a serious commitment, and she needed more time to focus on her family, career, and most importantly, herself.

 

Once they arrived at the grocery store, they stepped out of the car and entered. Krystal took charge of pushing the cart, as Jessica had asked her to.

 

Yoona smiled and let her be, understanding her role as a bodyguard. After all, she believed her feelings weren't serious.

 

"What do you want for dinner later?" Krystal pondered, putting her hand to her chin and squinting her eyes as she thought about their meal choices. "Italian? Chinese? Japanese? Korean?" Jessica suggested.

 

"I think I'm up for Italian,"

 

Jessica nodded, agreeing with the idea and beginning to gather the ingredients they would need for their Italian cuisine.

 

As Jessica moved to another stall, Yoona and Krystal engaged in conversation about various topics. Jessica reached for a bag of flour on a high shelf, struggling to reach it.

 

"I should call Yoona—Krystal," she was about to call out for her sister when she felt someone behind her, retrieving the flour from the top shelf.

 

Turning around slowly, Jessica was taken aback by the person standing in front of her with a friendly smile.

 

"Hi, Jess. It's been a while, and you still haven't changed," Yuri greeted warmly.

 

Jessica blinked in surprise, momentarily speechless, before finally managing to say, "Y-yuri."

 

Yuri's smile remained sweet as she handed Jessica the flour. "Here, I think you need this."

 

Gratefully taking the flour, Jessica shyly thanked her, feeling a sudden warmth spread through her. 

 

"I need to go. It was nice seeing you again!" Jessica tried to leave, but Yuri caught her wrist to stop her. Turning back around, Jessica inquired about the interruption.

 

Yuri awkwardly scratched the back of her neck and smiled with newfound confidence at Jessica, seizing the opportunity she didn't want to miss again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter