์‹ค์ข… (Missing in Action)

๋ณด๋”” ๊ฐ€๋“œ (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want to express my deep gratitude for all the love you've shown me. Here's another chapter for you, and I'd love to hear your thoughts! ๐Ÿ’•


Sending lots of love, hugs, and kisses!


----

"Is she in her room?" Seulgi's voice was filled with concern as she dialed Jessica's number.

ย 

Perhaps Yoona was simply working late at Jessica Jung's place.

ย 

"Her clothes are all gone from the closet! She's not answering my calls! I don't know where she is! I'm losing it!"

ย 

Seulgi sighed, massaging her temples as she waited for Jessica to answer. She glanced at Khloe, who was on the couch, tears streaming down her face.

ย 

"Hello?"

ย 

"Detective Kang? Why the sudden call?"

ย 

"Apologies for any inconvenience. Is my cousin still there with you?"

ย 

"No inconvenience at all. About your cousin โ€“ I asked Detective Lim to leave early for a family dinner. It was around 5 pm, I think. Why? Is she missing?"

ย 

Jessica's playful tone didn't sit right with Seulgi. She took a deep breath and replied, "Yes. When I got home, her mom was frantic. Turns out, my cousin is missing. Her clothes are gone from her closet, like she vanished. Her phone is off, and she's not answering calls."'

ย 

Seulgi noticed her uncle entering the room with Seolhyun trailing behind, both wearing worried expressions. Youngjae joined his ex-wife, crouching down to comfort her.

ย 

"Oh my god! What could have happened? Where is she? I'm panicking! Should I go over?"

ย 

A small smile formed on Seulgi's lips, realizing that Jessica still cared deeply for her cousin. "No, it's okay, Ms. Jung. Don't disrupt your family dinner for this."

ย 

"Detective Lim is missing, and I'm incredibly concerned. It's hard to enjoy family time when I know she's missing somewhere."

ย 

Seulgi reassured her, "Don't worry about it. Focus on your family, and I'll let you know as soon as we have any leads."

ย 

She heard a sigh on the other end. "Alright, just keep me updated."

ย 

"I promise, Ms. Jung. I will."

ย 

Seulgi ended the call and approached them.

ย 

"Who was that?" Youngjae asked, handing a glass of water to Khloe.

ย 

"I called her boss to check if she's is there, but she left early at 5 pm sharp. Her phone is off, and I can't trace her location or her car's navigation."

ย 

Youngjae paced back and forth, contemplating where his daughter could have gone. "She might have changed her number or phone, and it seems she didn't use her car to leave."

ย 

"That's what I'm thinking too, uncle."

ย 

"Let's go to Chief Park for help," he suggested, turning to Seulgi, who nodded in agreement.

ย 

"I want to come too," Khloe insisted, but Youngjae refused.

ย 

"You should stay here and rest. I don't want you to faint later. Just wait for her here."

ย 

Khloe gave him an annoyed look. "What do you want me to do? Stay here while my child is missing? I'm her mother, I have the right and responsibility to find her."

ย 

Youngjae sighed, realizing he couldn't argue with Khloe. "Alright, come on, let's go."

ย 

Leaving the building, they noticed Yoona's car still parked in the lot. "She didn't use the car I gave her. She's smart, my daughter is really smart."

ย 

Seulgi glanced at the car and shook her head, getting into Youngjae's car as they headed to the precinct.

ย 

Inside the precinct, everyone bowed as they saw Lim Youngjae, one of the best detectives globally. Youngjae acknowledged them with a nod and led the way to Chief Park's office.

ย 

"Detective Youngjae, what a surprise to see you here so late. What brings you here?"

ย 

Seulgi closed the door, standing behind Khloe as they listened to the conversation.

ย 

"Hey," Seolhyun whispered beside her. "Where do you think she went?"

ย 

"I have no idea. At first, I thought she was just playing a prank because she's a joker, but this is no prank. I'm seriously worried."

ย 

Seolhyun sighed sadly and nodded. "Me too."

ย 

"I need your help, Chief. I need all your men to find my daughter immediately. She's missing, and we're all worried sick. We have no clue where she could be."

ย 

"Didn't she tell you?"

ย 

The question left them all perplexed, turning their attention to Chief Park. "What do you mean?"

ย 

"Here," Chief Park said, handing Youngjae a small white envelope. He didn't read it, passing it to Khloe instead, as she should be the first to know where her daughter had gone.

ย 

"What's in the letter?" Youngjae asked, letting Khloe and Seulgi read its contents.

ย 

Dear everyone,

ย  ย  ย  ย  You're probably wondering where I've gone. Well, I've run away. I realized I'm not giving my best, and it . I've always felt like a failure, and I guess I'm just unlucky. I want to let you know I'm far away, taking some time alone to reflect on my life. So, please don't look for me. It'll just ruin my vacation :)

ย 

P.S. Mom, no need to cry โ€“ you look ugly when you do.ย 

Seul, I know you're probably sad I'm gone, but guess what? I don't care :)

Dad, I know you're going to try to find me, but I'm asking you not to this time. Give me a break, okay?

ย 

Khloe wiped her tears and handed the letter back to Chief Park. "Can we go home now?"

ย 

"But Yoong is missing..."

ย 

"She just needed a vacation. Give your daughter some space."

ย 

Youngjae sighed and nodded, thanking Chief Park before they left the precinct and headed back home. During the ride, Khloe remained silent, staring out the window with a distant look in her eyes, her thoughts consumed by her daughter.

ย 

Seulgi closed her eyes, biting her lip as she, too, wondered where her cousin had gone.

ย 

---

ย 

(The Next Day)

ย 

Seulgi finished her breakfast early in the morning and thanked Khloe for the meal. "Thanks for the food, Aunt!" She waved goodbye to Khloe, who did the same, but as she opened the door, her eyes widened at the sight of Irene, Jennie, and Jennie's parents.

ย 

What's going on?

ย 

"H-hello, Is there anything I can help you with, Mr. and Mrs. Kim?"

ย 

Irene's secret smile grew as she observed Seulgi's flustered reaction upon seeing them without any prior notice.

ย 

"Hello, Detective Kang," greeted Jennie's parents.

ย 

Jennie stepped forward, giving Seulgi a smile. "We'd like to talk to Detective Lim right now because my dad wants to apologize to her. Is that okay?"

ย 

Seulgi was utterly taken aback, rendered almost speechless. She stood there, uncertain of what to say or do, feeling like she was stuck in place and had lost her voice.

ย 

"Seul! Why are you still here, and who are you talking to? Oh, hey, Jennie!"

ย 

Khloe emerged seemingly out of nowhere, looking bewildered as she spotted Jennie accompanied by two older individuals and another woman who seemed to be around Yoona's age. Khloe quickly realized that this was Irene, her niece's partner. She remembered Yoona often praising Irene's beauty.

ย 

"You must be Detective Lim's mother. We're Jennie's parents, and we'd like to speak to your daughter in person."

ย 

Mrs. Kim bowed politely to Khloe and offered a warm smile, mentioning that Jennie had told them about Yoona's mother.

ย 

"Oh, I see. Why don't you all come in, so we can have a proper conversation? Please, have a seat."

ย 

Khloe guided them to the living room, and Jennie couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia entering the place, remembering all the times she had visited just to see the detective.

ย 

"I'll fetch some tea for everyone." Khloe excused herself briefly and then returned with a tray of tea cups, distributing them to their guests before settling down next to Seulgi on the couch.

ย 

"What is the matter that you wish to discuss with my daughter?" Khloe inquired calmly, taking a sip of her tea as she gazed at Jennie's parents.

ย 

"This tea is really delightful," Mrs. Kim remarked, earning a smile from Khloe. "Let's get straight to the point since we don't want to impose on you further. Is your daughter here?"

ย 

"Oh, that... I, well..." Khloe paused, capturing their attention, except for Seulgi who was preoccupied with her thoughts. "My daughter isn't here, and if you're wondering where she went, I genuinely have no idea."

ย 

Her response left them slightly bewildered, trying to process her words.

ย 

"My daughter went MIA. She left a letter explaining that she's taking a vacation somewhere, although she didn't provide any specifics about her location. She advised us not to search for her because she needed time alone to reflect. I believe her recent case had a significant impact on her."

ย 

Her explanation hung in the air, leaving them momentarily speechless. Jennie stared blankly into space, attempting to piece together the fragments in her mind, yet feeling that something crucial was still missing. Her heart ached, and she suddenly felt fragile once more.

ย 

Why do you keep pushing me away whenever I try to get closer?

---

ย 

"She left me again," Jennie's voice trembled as she spoke out of nowhere, Irene and Seulgi having brought her back to her dorm. "She left me again," she repeated, tears streaming down her face as she tightly embraced Irene.

ย 

Seulgi observed the scene, exhaling with a mixture of empathy and frustration. The absence of her cousin's presence was felt by everyone. Waking up without Yoona around left a void for her as well.

ย 

"Listen, Jennie. She'll return, but for now, you need to focus on yourself. Rise from this situation so that you're ready when the right time comes to see her again. I think it's time to prioritize yourself," Irene advised gently.

ย 

"Are you suggesting I move on?" Jennie's voice quivered.

ย 

Irene sighed and nodded her head.

ย 

"B-but why?"

ย 

"Because holding on will only hurt you more. Your feelings for her won't vanish, but you need to put yourself first. We don't know when she'll return. You're an idol, Jennie. You have fans who care deeply about you. They don't want to see you like this. You shouldn't be locking yourself away, drowning in tears. It's not healthy. You have a career to focus on. If you let sorrow consume you, it won't bring happiness."

ย 

Jennie averted her gaze, her lip caught between her teeth. "I-I don't know if I can do that."

ย 

"Yes, you can. You're not only doing it for Detective Lim, your fans, parents, and friends, but for your own well-being too."

ย 

Jennie met Irene's gaze, her lips parting as she struggled to find the right words.

ย 

"What? That's really sad! I already miss her!" Joy pouted, hugging her bear upon hearing about Detective Lim's situation.

ย 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter