추격 (The chase)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey there, how's everyone doing? Drop me a message, and let's be friends! Now, onto the new chapter!

---

 

Yoona and Seulgi received a call to report at the precinct today.

 

"What? The recent case hasn't even been two days, and now there's a new one? Seriously?!" Yoona exclaimed, frustration evident in her voice. Seulgi attempted to calm her down, while the chief officer explained the situation.

 

"I know it's unexpected, but trust me, we were just as surprised. There's evidence tying you to this case, but we all know it's fabricated," the chief officer explained, trying to keep things under control.

 

Frustrated, Yoona ruffled her hair, clearly agitated. The chief officer showed them recent news about an accident involving Actress Bae Suzy, whose car crashed into a tree. The uncanny part? This incident mirrored the situation with actor Lee Min Ho. Both had connections to Yoona. It felt like a twisted coincidence.

 

Seulgi observed Yoona as she maintained silence during Seulgi's conversation with the chief officer. With her eyes closed and fists clenched, Yoona appeared deep in thought.

 

Chief Park, the officer in charge, asked, "Detective Lim, would you prefer some time off to clear your head?"

 

Yoona's eyes slowly opened, and a sly smile crept onto her face. "I don't back down from a challenge, Chief Park."

 

Exhaling heavily, Chief Park rubbed his temples, visibly stressed. He was working tirelessly to catch the individual causing trouble for his team, particularly targeting Detective Lim. "Should I inform your father to keep him updated?" Chief Park inquired.

 

"No," Yoona replied, surprising both Seulgi and Chief Park.

 

"Why not? He could help us identify potential suspects related to the actors, and we could take immediate action," they questioned in disbelief.

 

Yoona rose from her seat, shaking her head. "He's not in Korea, he's in New York, and I'm here. We each handle our own businesses. In short, we mind our own business."

 

"Alright, if that's your choice. But don't interfere with my team's work on these cases, okay? We're here to help you and the victims," Chief Park emphasized.

 

"You've got my word. Keep me updated as soon as you can," Yoona responded.

 

"Roger that."

 

Exiting the office, they made their way to the parking lot.

 

"I won't leave your side, Unnie," Seulgi assured, and Yoona smiled softly, slipping her hands into her pockets.

 

"Thanks. I really appreciate it."

 

Walking in silence, Yoona then made the decision not to visit Jessica today.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

Yoona nodded, leaning against the driver's seat door. "Where are you headed then?" Seulgi asked.

 

Yoona shrugged. "I think I need a drink today."

 

"Remember, alcohol won't solve the case," Seulgi warned.

 

Yoona chuckled, agreeing. "You're right. I just need to unwind before I lose my temper. And you know you don't want to witness that."

 

Seulgi shivered, recalling past instances. Yoona's calm demeanor could change drastically when provoked. Yoona might seem composed and kind, but when she loses her temper, it's like seeing fire from hell.

 

Seulgi checked her watch. "It's only 2 pm. Are you planning to drown in alcohol until dawn?"

 

Yoona shrugged. "Who knows? I just need a drink right now."

 

Seulgi sighed, giving her permission to go. "Alright. I can't stop you. Just be careful and don't get into trouble, okay?"

 

Yoona shrugged, earning a glare from Seulgi. In surrender, Yoona raised her hands. "I'm not making any promises, but I'll do my best to avoid trouble."

 

"Fine. Call me if you need help."

 

Yoona saluted and waved goodbye before settling into her car.

---

 

"I feel sorry for her," Irene said.

 

"Do you?"

 

"Yeah, I mean, even though I blame her for making Jennie cry, I can imagine she's putting up a fight. That's impressive."

 

"Really, impressive?"

 

"Yes, considering she's connected to both cases. She must be under a lot of pressure."

 

Seulgi sighed and nodded, "I feel sad for her too. It's like when she's sad, I'm sad."

 

Irene giggled, pinching Seulgi's cheeks playfully. "You're acting like she's your other half," Irene teased. "But in a way, she is." Irene didn't feel jealous; she found the bond between Seulgi and Yoona adorable. Their connection was hard to describe.

 

Irene felt a touch of insecurity, wishing that she and Jessica had that kind of bond. However, she understood that they were older now and those childhood antics were behind them.

 

"We haven't really talked about our families," Irene brought up.

 

"Do you want to meet my family?" Seulgi asked, surprised.

 

Irene nodded cutely, and Seulgi planted a kiss on her head. "My family is in the States, so meeting them might be difficult now, but I'll try to talk to them about it."

 

"That sounds good. When can I meet your parents?" Irene chuckled at the repeated question.

 

"We'll make that happen as soon as we can, okay?"

 

"Anyway, we're going out now. The members are coming."

 

"Where are we headed?"

 

"It's Nayeon's early celebration, and we're supposed to be there. Blackpink is going too."

 

Seulgi look at her amusingly, "I said where to?"

 

Irene playfully rolled her eyes as she shakes her head. "This private club."

 

Seulgi's brows connected, "I didn't know you and your friends could be a club person."

 

"No, I wasn't. Her manager was the one who organized it."

 

"Maybe because we're in the adult phase now. Our minds aren't as innocent as they used to be. We're at that age where we can let loose and have fun," Seulgi explained.

 

Irene glanced at her incredulously, playfully pinching her stomach and causing Seulgi to wince in pain.

 

"What did I do?" Seulgi asked, confused.

 

Irene rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Stop exposing me to your dirty little secrets."

 

Seulgi looked at her, wondering if her words had a hidden meaning. "I didn't even—" She was cut off by Irene, who motioned for her to be quiet, and so she obediently closed .

---

 

Club (4 pm)

 

The party was lively, and the idols were letting loose and having a good time. There was a different atmosphere compared to their usual professional idol lives.

 

Seulgi was surprised to see so many idols at the party.

 

BTS was on the dance floor, dancing energetically.

 

Mamamoo was chatting with other idols while enjoying their drinks.

 

Gfriend and Twice were engaged in happy conversations.

 

Even Apink was there, and Seulgi was amazed at how friendly the Twice members were.

 

EXO's presence surprised Seulgi, though she chose to stay away from any drama, especially because Suho was talking to Irene.

 

"Happy birthday, Nayeon!" The members of Blackpink and Red Velvet hugged the birthday girl.

 

"Thank you all for coming! I really appreciate it," Nayeon replied with a smile.

 

They exchanged smiles, and Irene made sure to introduce Seulgi to the members of Twice. The girls were captivated by Seulgi's presence, finding her attractive.

 

"Just so you know, she's off limits, you kids," Irene joked, causing everyone to laugh.

 

Jongin, along with DO and Sehun, approached the group, catching Jennie's attention.

 

"Hi, Jen," he greeted, and Jennie responded with a polite bow.

 

"No need to bow, Jennie. We're all cool," Sehun said, waving his hand playfully.

 

"You look stunning as always," Jongin complimented Jennie, who was wearing a form-fitting black dress that showcased her curves.

 

Jennie blushed and playfully retorted, "You should button your shirt, or else someone won't hesitate to tear it off."

 

Now that they had a closer look, Seulgi couldn't help but secretly chuckle at Jongin's outfit choice.

 

"Why are you giggling?" Irene whispered, giving Seulgi's hand a squeeze.

 

Seulgi shook her head with a smirk. "Nothing. I just remembered something funny. Don't worry about it."

 

The conversation continued, and Jongin offered to buy Jennie a drink. The trio of Seulgi, Irene, and Lisa shared amused glances before walking away to the bar to get some drinks of their own.

 

They spent the rest of the day enjoying themselves, knowing that once the celebration was over, they would dive back into their demanding routines.

 

"Hey, isn't that Detective Lim?" Yeri from Red Velvet suddenly pointed out, grabbing the attention of the members of Twice, Blackpink, the rest of Red Velvet, and Seulgi.

 

The members of Twice were already aware of Jennie's feelings for the detective. She had shared her story with them, and they were understanding and supportive friends. Some members of Twice had also come out as biual, and while it was surprising for some, they all believed in being true to themselves.

 

Jennie's face lit up when she spotted the detective at the bar, but her expression quickly turned to a frown when she noticed someone else with her.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Jisoo asked, her concern evident as she gently traced circles on the back of Jennie's hand.

 

Jennie shook her head slightly, forcing a smile.

 

"What are you still doing here?" Nayeon gave her a knowing look. "Go get your detective."

 

"But she's with Na Eun sunbaenim," Jennie replied, her disappointment clear.

 

"You're not one to back down, Jennie. We all know that. Go and get her," Irene encouraged, a supportive smile on her face.

 

With determination, Jennie stood up and made her way toward the detective, leaving her friends watching her silently.

 

"Excuse me? I think you might be talking to the wrong woman," Jennie said firmly, interrupting the conversation between Yoona and Na Eun.

 

Both Yoona and Na Eun turned their attention toward Jennie, surprised by her interruption. Jennie's heart raced as Yoona shamelessly checked her out, and it took all her willpower to remain composed.

 

Na Eun's smirk grew, and she batted her eyelashes at Jennie. "The detective here beside me can never be the wrong person for me."

 

Jennie clenched her teeth, her frustration building. She couldn't bear watching Na Eun flirt with the person she loved any longer.

 

Screw maintaining a good image, Jennie thought. I don't care about appearances right now. I'm going to stand up for what I want.

 

"She was meant to be with me!" Jennie retorted with sass, standing her ground in front of Na Eun.

 

Their exchange of words caught the attention of everyone in the club, and the atmosphere grew tense.

 

Na Eun laughed, her tone dripping with arrogance. "Oh, really? 'Meant to be,' you say? So, that's why she's here talking to me instead of you? You're quite amusing."

 

Jennie's irritation grew as Na Eun's taunting continued. "Honey, don't flatter yourself too much. You're just her rebound," Jennie shot back, her expression turning cold.

 

Na Eun scoffed and crossed her arms. "You speak as if you two have a label. Is that what hurts the most? Hoping that she feels the same way about you? What a pathetic you are."

 

The harsh words hit Jennie hard, and she clenched her fists, struggling to contain her anger. She closed her eyes briefly, trying to keep her composure and avoid escalating the situation.

 

Exo's Jongin, members of Twice, Red Velvet, Blackpink, and Seulgi began making their way over to the commotion.

 

Jennie slowly opened her eyes, a fiery determination burning within her. She forced a fake smile and n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter