또 다른 방법은 주위에 (ANOTHER WAY AROUND)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone! How's everyone doing? I hope you're all doing well. Your continued support for this story means the world to me, and it truly keeps me motivated. Sending lots of love to each and every one of you!

 

---

"Get ready to face all the changes now that we're here in Korea." 

 

Seulgi sighed, her agreement evident in the sound. She had been scolded by Yoona for not joining them for a meal. It seemed Yoona knew that Seulgi was always hungry and didn't want her to miss meals. Yoona's concern for her made Seulgi smile.

 

"You sound like you've already had a meal with her," Seulgi remarked, her tone playful.

 

There was something about Yoona's demeanor that indicated she had already adjusted to the changes in her life in Korea.

 

"No, not yet," Yoona replied.

 

"We both despise eating with people we're not close to,"

 

"Absolutely. But you know we can't resist when it comes to food. We're the same in that regard." 

 

As they continued to catch up on every detail, Seulgi shared a humorous account of the fan meeting she attended earlier. Yoona couldn't help but laugh at Seulgi's story.

 

"It's in the genes, I suppose," Yoona commented, referring to their tendency to stand out. "If I were there, the fans would have definitely gone wild." 

 

"You're quite cocky," Seulgi teased.

 

"I know, thanks for the compliment."

 

"But that's not really a compliment," Seulgi pointed out.

 

"I know. No need to rub it in," Yoona retorted.

 

Before Seulgi could respond, a knock on the car window interrupted them. Seulgi looked up to see the three girls outside, signaling her to open the door.

 

"I have to go. Duty calls. Catch you later," Seulgi said, ending the call and quickly exiting the car to open the door for them.

 

The three of them piled into the car, positioning themselves as if they were guarding a stash of precious candy.

 

"Where's Ms. Bae?"

 

Seulgi turned to find Irene holding a plastic bag, which she handed to Seulgi with a grateful smile. "Thank you," Seulgi muttered, appreciative of the gesture. 

 

"Don't mention it. Enjoy it when you get home," Irene instructed kindly.

 

Irene went to open the car door but realized there wasn't much room left due to the others lying down across the seats.

 

"Unnie, sit next to Seulgi Unnie. We're all squeezed in here," Joy suggested, an impish grin on her face.

 

There was a mischievous glint in the eyes of the three girls, a detail that escaped Irene's attention. Oblivious to their playful teasing, Irene simply shrugged and took the passenger seat.

 

While sitting there, Irene's phone buzzed with notifications. She opened it to find messages from him. Sighing, she wondered how she could keep ignoring him when he constantly reached out to her.

 

Park Bogum:

Hey, can we talk?

 

I'd like to apologize in person.

 

I know I acted like a jerk, and I'm deeply sorry for that. But you know how much I cared for you, right?

 

Okay, you're not replying. I'll give you some time to think, but I won't let us avoid discussing this.

 

After reading those messages from him, Irene felt uncomfortable. It was as if he was some kind of stalker, a person she didn't like at all. Or perhaps, some sort of admirer, considering his looks that made most girls swoon. But she was an exception. Despite his appealing traits, being around him felt suffocating for her.

 

"Unnie, are you okay?" she heard from behind her, turning to find her bandmates with concerned expressions.

 

Though they often bantered, especially Yeri and Joy, she knew they were like family, always there for each other

 

"You seem lost, staring at your phone," Joy pointed out.

 

Irene pondered whether to share this with them but ultimately decided she would, as they didn't keep secrets from each other.

 

"It's Bogum... He wants to talk to me," Irene admitted, causing a moment of silence to settle in the car.

 

"What does he want?" Yeri asked, her tone far from cheerful, a sentiment shared by the rest.

 

Irene considered whether she should talk about this while their bodyguard, Seulgi, was present.

 

"Would you like me to use earphones? That way, you can discuss without me listening in." Seulgi offered, her gaze focused on the road.

 

Irene shook her head, declining the offer, as she didn't believe Seulgi was the type to engage in gossip.

 

"It's fine."

 

"Just promise us you won't share this with anyone,"

 

Seulgi chuckled, her tone reassuring. Gossip wasn't her cup of tea, and she disliked nosy individuals. "Of course. What's said in the car, stays in the car. Got it."

 

They all laughed, except Irene. The situation held no humor for her, though it was a relief that she was bonding with her new bodyguard.

 

"He wants to apologize," Irene revealed, her gaze averted from her friends, focused on the passing scenery. She knew that if she looked at them, she would see an expression she wanted to avoid – pity.

 

"What did you say to him?"

 

"I didn't reply. I know that if I do, he'll keep bothering me or worse, won't leave me alone, and I can't stand that," Irene said, her voice laced with sadness.

 

"Unnie, what if we talk to our CEO and address this issue? It's gone too far. We thought it would be good for publicity, but it's turned into a nightmare. It's affecting you mentally and emotionally," Joy suggested.

 

Irene had considered that option before. It was a good idea, but she felt it wouldn't work. Their power and authority in the company were too great.

 

"Thanks for the suggestion, Joy. Even if we do that, I'm pretty sure they'd just make things worse."

 

"Why is he so obsessed with you? Seriously," Wendy asked, her irritation evident. Just the mention of his name put her in a foul mood.

 

"Tell me about it. It gives me the creeps. It's like he's some kind of psycho," Yeri shuddered at the thought, a sentiment the others shared.

 

"We've arrived," Seulgi announced, parking the car outside the SM building.

 

The afternoon was approaching, and Seulgi was relieved that her role as a bodyguard wasn't a 24/7 commitment. However, her duty revolved entirely around Irene. If Irene needed to go anywhere, Seulgi had to accompany her – it was that straightforward.

 

Fortunately, there weren't any fans around. Perhaps it was due to the fact that they were still at school.

 

Seulgi, being the bodyguard, opened the car door for the members. Their manager rushed over. "Manager Oppa, is there something wrong?" they inquired.

 

"I just wanted to let you know, Irene, that Bogum is waiting for you in the lobby." Hearing this, Irene's eyes widened, and the other three members shared her surprise.

 

"But I didn't plan to meet him," Irene protested.

 

The manager sighed. "I know. We all know. But there's nothing we can do. It's in the contract."

 

What choice did Irene have? She held no sway in this matter. "Alright, I understand."

 

The manager patted her head. "Just bear with it for now, Irene."

 

Entering the building, they spotted Bogum with a bouquet of flowers, waving at them. The managers waved back, and then prompted the members to do the same. Reluctantly, they returned the wave and forced smiles.

 

Bogum recognized those forced smiles. He couldn't blame himself, though. He couldn't make them like him if they didn't want to. Why should he even bother? That was his current mindset.

 

"Bogum, you have 20 minutes with Irene before she needs to go up." 

 

Bogum nodded in comprehension, thankful for the opportunity to talk to her. "I understand, thanks."

 

Their managers signaled for them to enter the elevator, and as they did, they sent final glares in Bogum's direction. He remained oblivious, his gaze locked onto Irene.

 

Seulgi found the situation quite entertaining. If only she could capture the sight with her phone – the three of them glaring – it would be a memorable photo. "Seulgi, aren't you coming?" they asked, breaking her out of her amusement.

 

Seulgi scratched her nape awkwardly. She disliked the attention they were directing at her. "I'll stay here with her. It's in the contract."

 

The three members nodded and exchanged secret giggles. "Alright, then. Remember, 20 minutes."

 

Once they left, only the three of them remained. Irene was unsure of what to do, her gaze downcast. Bogum was simply gazing at her, appreciating her beauty. Seulgi observed their interactions, sensing Irene's discomfort. A part of her wanted to intervene, to pull Irene away from him, but she resisted – it was no longer her concern.

 

She decided to step away slightly, enough to keep an eye on Irene. She watched as Irene accepted the bouquet and offered a faint smile. It was evident that they were having a serious conversation.

 

Seulgi found herself growing increasingly bored. Waiting wasn't something she enjoyed – a sentiment shared by her fellow bodyguard, Yoona. With a sigh, Seulgi decided to remedy her boredom by pulling out her phone and immersing herself in a few games.

 

---

As Yoona returned to the office, she noticed a gathering of people outside Jessica's office. Curious, she decided to discreetly eavesdrop on the employees' conversation.

 

"Isn't it sweet of Mr. Kwon to come all the way here and give Ms. Jung flowers?"

 

"Yeah, I heard he just flew in from Hong Kong."

 

Ah, so that's the commotion. Well, it's none of my business. He's Jessica's boyfriend, after all.

 

"Yoona?" Jessica's voice interrupted her thoughts, and she looked up to see Jessica holding the bouquet of flowers, accompanied by Tyler with his arm around her waist.

 

"Yes, Ms. Jung?" Addressing people with titles like "Ms." and "Mr." always amused Yoona. She never imagined herself and Seulgi as detectives.

 

"We're heading out for a date, to xxxxx. Care to join us?" Jessica's request took Yoona slightly off-guard, but she nodded and followed the couple into the elevator.

 

Inside the elevator, a subtle awkwardness hung in the air. Yoona felt it too but chose to brush it off.

 

"Tyler didn't bring his car, so we'll use mine," Yoona noted, acknowledging the situation.

 

Tyler rushed to open the car door for Jessica, slightly embarrassing Yoona. She sighed and slid into the driver's seat. With Tyler around more often now, she anticipated being a third wheel frequently.

 

"So, what did Minyoung say?" Tyler asked, seeking insight from Jessica.

 

"She was upset and disappointed because she had hoped we'd spend time together."

 

"Ah, I see. Should I cancel our plans?"

 

"No, no, it's alright. I explained, and she understood. Plus, there's always next time."

 

Jessica discreetly observed Yoona, who was focused on driving. A pang of concern tugged at her, but she pushed aside the thought, not wanting to overstep boundaries. Yet, the question lingered in her mind: Why do I feel like something's bothering her?

 

Yoona skillfully parked the car outside the restaurant, the memory of her father's dream establishment flooding her thoughts. As they entered, the low occupancy brought a sense of relief.

 

"Hey, Yoona, let's go in," Jessica encouraged.

 

"I think I'll stay out here," Yoona replied, her conflict evident.

 

"What? No, you're joining us inside. That's an order." Jessica's authority overruled Yoona's hesitation.

 

"Alright, but I'll sit at a separate table," Yoona conceded, aware of the professional boundary she was walking.

 

As they entered, the buzz of whispers surrounded them.

 

"Look, it's Tyler with Jessica Jung. They're really together."

 

"I was skeptical before, but they look so natural as a couple."

 

"It can't be easy for them to be in the public eye. I hope they stay strong."

 

"Hey isn't that Lim Yoona?! Oh my god, she's so beautiful!"

 

"She look like a Goddess! How is that even possible?!"

 

"I'm turning gay for her!"

 

Amid the murmurs, Yoona smirked inwardly, understanding the scrutiny. Taking her seat, she ordered her meal, amusing herself with her phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter