Chapter 15

The Vampire and The 'Shifter

Changgu's condition seemed to get worse as he found himself bedridden for the next few days, putting stress on everyone once again. Yanan refused to leave his brother's side, no matter what the others tried to do. He wanted to be there for his brother, even if Changgu was passed out for most hours of the day.

Hoetaek found himself pacing back and forth in the livingroom, much to the annoyance of Sungjong. Sungjong knew there was no use in voicing his annoyance because it'd only cause problems for everyone. Chani was in his room talking with Moonbin and trying to figure out what they could do about Changgu. Sungyeol and Myungsoo had gone hunting to refill their venison supply since they were running out. Jaemin was in Toronto with Yuto, the latter at work while Jaemin was taking Hoetaek's clients during this time.

"You said he was severely injured when he arrived?" Asked Moonbin as he sat in front of the computer. "Yeah," said Chani. "It took a bit for his healing to jump start but he seemed fine when Sungyeol and Hoetaek took him running the other day," he said. "Wait, his healing wasn't normal?" Asked Moonbin. Chani shook his head. "It took a bit for his healing to kick in but Yanan concluded that his healing was that of a human's when he checked," he said.

"God damn it," said Moonbin as he sighed. "Eunwoo! We're heading to Toronto, get us plane tickets!" He shouted. Chani looked startled as he blinked. "No time to explain, come pick us up tomorrow," said Moonbin as he hung up. Chani soon got a text saying the arrival time as he sighed, sitting back in his chair.

Hoetaek knocked before entering, looking worried. "I don't know," said Chani as he turned around in his chair to look at Hoetaek. "But we're getting help, in the form of my best friend Moonbin," he said. "Hopefully he can figure this out," he said. Hoetaek nodded, combing a hand through his hair with a sigh. "I'm just worried, this never happened to anyone we knew," he said.

"Changgu's always been special, in his own way," he said, leaning against the door frame. "But I still wonder how he grew up," he said. "I never got to see him growing up, just saw him after his father wanted me to take him," he said. "I don't think Yanan did either," he said. "From what I know, those two didn't come together until after they started changing," he said.

Chani hummed as he got another text. "Oh, damn it," he said. "I forgot Yuto and Jaemin needed to be picked up," he said. "I'll go get them," said Hoetaek. "I'll go with you," said Chani. "We need the break for a bit," he said. Hoetaek nodded and went to get the keys to the jeep and headed to Toronto with Chani.

"What'd you do with your car?" Asked Chani. "I gave it to Jaehwan," said Hoetaek as he shrugged. "I see," said Chani. "When is Moonbin and Eunwoo going to be here?" Asked Hoetaek. "Tomorrow morning, they're hoping to catch the first flight to Toronto," said Chani. "It won't be that hard would it?" Asked Hoetaek. "No but," Chani said, sighing.

"He looked startled when I told him of Changgu's condition," he said. "Most 'shifters would be," said Hoetaek. "Especially when said 'shifter hasn't stopped changing yet," he said. "I've never encountered this type of thing before," he said. "Neither have I to be honest," said Chani. "Even with Jaemin being the only one who is technically human in our coven before you guys joined he rarely got sick," he said.

When they arrived Yuto got in the backseat with Jaemin, Yuto handing a cup of coffee to Hoetaek. "Thanks," said Hoetaek as he put it in the cup holder before driving off and heading home. "How'd it go today?" He asked. "Alright," said Yuto. "We got busy after lunch but," he said, shrugging.

"How'd the meetings go?" Asked Chani. "Fine," said Jaemin. "Who's team was it?" Asked Hoetaek. "Woojin, Hongseob and Jason," said Jaemin. "I talked to them about Changgu, they looked just as concerned as I had the whole day," he said, sighing a bit. "Hongseob isn't sure of what would've caused this," he said. "We may get our answer from Moonbin soon," said Hoetaek as he drank some coffee.

"How is he?" Asked Yuto. "I don't know," said Chani. "Yanan's refusing to leave his side, but Changgu's been unconscious for most of the day," he said. "If he was human I'd say he had some weird strain of the flu but," he said, shrugging.

"'Shifters don't get sick," said Hoetaek. "Well, except before they start changing but," he said, shrugging. "And then once they stop changing they're human again for the most part," he said. "But Changgu hasn't stopped changing yet," he said.

When they got home Sungyeol and Myungsoo were back and sitting in the livingroom looking worse for wear. "Everything okay?" Asked Chani as he walked over. "No," said Sungyeol. "Changgu coughed up blood earlier and well," he said, sighing. "Sungjong had to leave the house, Yanan was desperate when we returned, he didn't know what to do," he said.

"I moved Changgu into Sungyeol's room and washed the bed sheets and blankets and stuff," said Myungsoo. "I managed to get Yanan to get some sleep just before you got back," he said. Hoetaek looked panicked. "Where is Sungjong now?" He asked. "Somewhere in the forest, I told him I'd go after him after the scent of blood finally went away," said Myungsoo.

"We're unaffected by it it seems," said Chani. "We hunt animals, we're more immune to it than Sungjong is," said Sungyeol. "I guess," said Chani. Yuto flopped down on the couch looking worried. "I know I haven't known Changgu as long as the others but I hope he gets better," he said. "Same," said Jaemin.

"He was doing so well," said Hoetaek as he sighed. Sungyeol got up and went to hug him. "Come on," he said softly. "We can keep an eye on him," he said. Hoetaek nodded and went into Sungyeol's room with Sungyeol.

"Where's Yanan?" Asked Chani. "My room, passed out on the bed," said Myungsoo. "We told him that we could keep an ear out for anything weird sounding coming from Sungyeol's room and he finally just collapsed from exhaustion," he said. "He's really worried," said Yuto. "I would be too to be fair," said Jaemin.