8. Reminder

Only One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong couldn’t believe what just happened in the past thirty minutes. They were just walk through the door – they walk… his mother didn’t even take the damned wheel chair.

“… time of death, Thursday, 25th May.”

He stared at now white clothe covered mother who fifteen minutes ago just sat on the bed now she lied on, smiling on them. His eyes moved to his father, crying while hugging his still mother. He couldn’t process on what was happening. How? Why? His eyes were dry and his brain was buzzing with so many things.

He thought he was prepared when this day come. He had so much time to prepare as he watched on how frequent his mother in and out hospital. Since his childhood hospital was such a fixture. After he was old enough, it was home, school, Sanghyun’s home, or hospital.

Talking about Sanghyun, his ears caught on his bestfriend’s voice but his head was too heavy. He just standing there in silence, head hanging low, until his ears caught another sound. A pair of hesitant steps that he knew whose, slowly he lifted his head. And she stood there before him.

“Oppa…” she only said that word once their eyes meet and before he could recognize what was going on, she hugged him tightly. Just then, the tears that had been restrained flowed unstoppably. As if it was written that she would be the one undone him in a mere hug, reminded him on his childish vow that now didn’t seem too childish anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter