9. Serving the mandatory duty

Only One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ve registered to be drafted.” Jiyong told Sanghyun, the two bestfriends were playing game at Sanghyun’s place. They were at summer holiday from college and only the two of them at home at the time. Sadara was at school while Sanghyun’s parents were at the restaurant.

At his bestfriend’s sudden confession, Sanghyun freeze, made his on screen character faced a terrible defeat. But he didn’t care. “What? When? How? Why?” he bombarded.

“I think it’s better for me to serve now.” Jiyong too now had stopped and put down his joystick. His eyes still glued on the screen, too afraid to face his bestfriend.

“We’ve promised to register together…”

Jiyong bowed his head, felt sorry for breaking their promise.

“I know, I’m sorry Sanghyun-ah. But I have too much on my mind and I also don’t think I can’t concentrate on college right now, that’s why I think it’s better if I take some time off and do my service duty.” He reasoned.

What he did say was true. Since his mother’s death, he had many things in his head. Too many and he struggled with them. That was why he thought he needed to do something drastic to help him focus and started to take priorities.

“Do you want me to go with you? Which base you’re registering into? There’s some place left, isn’t there?

“No, you don’t have to enter with me now.”

“What about our project?”

The two had started a research project that spring, before Jiyong’s mother passed. The project had to stop for a while because of the funeral, but they continued again soon after. It was Sanghyun’s idea about a weather app and Jiyong backed it up and came with program prototype.

“We’ve finished with the base you can continue it without me.”

“But you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter