Chapter 16

Puzzle

Haechan POV

I wake up with the sunlight blinding my sight.

"Ugh." I roll over to my side. Suddenly, memories of yesterday came crashing down on me. I groan and curl myself into a ball. Kill me.

"Donghyuck." Mark's voice startles me. "Wake up." He shakes me. I pretend to sleep not moving an inch. I hear Mark sigh and walk away. I peek out from under the covers and look around for my clothes. I quietly pick them up, wrapping a towel around bottom half, and sneak to the door. I reach for the knob, opening it just to have it slam shut by Mark's hand.

"You're really gonna leave after sleeping with me?" Mark whispers in my ears, trapping me between him and the door. I turn to him.

"I have amnesia. I do not remember what happened yesterday." I say.

"Amnesia is memory loss of a long period of time, not just one day."

"The drug blurred my memories and I don't remember what happened."

"Shall I remind you?" Mark leans in and I push him away. I open the door and dash out.

"You can run, but we live in the same house!" I hear him shout after me. I close my bedroom door and the other Dreamies look at me with red eyes.

"What happened to you guys?" I huff out. "You guys look kinda dead. Like zombies."

"Did you have fun last night?" Chenle wiggles his brows ignoring my question.

"I have amnesia and I don't remember what happened yesterday."

"I don't think drugs can give you amnesia." Renjun answers lifelessly.

"My memory is foggy."

"Doesn't matter. With that appearance, you seemed to have had fun last night." Jisung smirks (well, tries as best as he could with the little energy he has anyways).

"Check out that hickey. It's super dark." Jaemin touches my neck.

"Ah." I flinch. "It hurts."

"I bet. It's super dark and it has teeth marks around it." Jeno states.

"You had the time of your life, didn't you?" They tease halfheartedly.

"Leave me alone!" I shout locking myself in our bedroom's restroom. I walk over to the mirror. There are marks littering my body — from my neck down to my collar bones and chest. A few on my abdomen and the inside of my thighs. I look at my neck and there was one specifically dark hickey with teeth marks around it like Jeno had pointed out. I touch the mark and flinch at the pain. I remember yesterday's events, the lingering feeling of Mark's lips on my body and I shake my head. No.No.No. I need to calm down. I walk to the shower turning it on.

I walk down to the kitchen.

"Hey." Taeil greets me awkwardly.

"Hey." I greet back just as awkward. Silence. "The others went to school?"

"Yeah." He answers.

"Cool." I nod and we are silent again. I open the fridge and pour myself a drink, walking over to lean on the sink's counter.

"You're in trouble." Ten says opening the fridge.

"Of course I am. Aren't I always?" I take a sip of the drink.

"And you managed to drag the other Dreamies with you."

"Always do."

"You're all in trouble."

"Sounds about right."

"You have no fear, huh?" Ten asks, making me smirk.

"What's the worse Taeyong hyung can do?" I drink the drink in my hand.

"I'm sure Jieun is pissed. She didn't seem too happy yesterday."

I spit out my drink. "! I forgot about Jieun noona."

Jieun POV

", you disappeared on me yesterday." I say, lightly hitting Areum in the arm, as soon as she enters the coffee shop. "Where'd you go?"

"I went home." She answers.

"And you didn't tell me anything?"

"I had a lot to drink yesterday, ok? So, I went home before you. Big deal."

"Yah, aren't you hot with the scarf on?"

Areum shakes her head. "It's very light and it has pretty flowers on it. I love it."

Suspicious. "Take it off." I order.

"No. I like it."

"Areum, take it off." She shakes her head and I walk over to her, pulling the scarf so I can see what's behind it.

"You went home with a guy?" I gasp out, seeing love bites littering her neck.

"Pfft. No." Areum denies.

"You have a bunch of hickies on you!" I shout. "So, you better 'fess up. Who'd you leave with?" Areum stays silent. "Areum." I say taking a sip from my coffee cup.

"Taeyong." Areum answers making me and Kun spit out our drink.

I turn to Kun. "I understand why I spat out my drink, but why you too?"

Kun clears his throat. "That was unexpected."

"So," I turn back to Areum. "You slept with our enemy." Areum raises her brow at me. "Ok. Not really our enemy, but Taeyong?"

"Mm." Areum nods, averting her eyes and a smirk spread on my lips.

"So? How's his game? Is he big? Is he good? Did you like it?" I ask Areum making Kun spit out his drink, one more time. "You're blushing! You liked it!"

"Shut up, !" Areum yells chasing me around the coffee shop. "I don't even remember!"

"Oh, c'mon! We both know that's a lie! You have a high alcohol tolerance."

"Just shut up!" Areum tackles me and we both fall onto the floor. She hold me in a headlock.

"Ah, I give! I give! Let go." I huff between laughs. "So, how do you feel about...him?"

"He's handsome." Areum replies letting go of me and I start laughing. "But it's not like he knows."

"What? That you like him? Or that you remember everything from last night?" Areum does not answer. "Girl, I think he knows you like him. You're not exactly discreet about it."

"Ugh, whatever." Areum groans. "I just...I was so embarrassed this morning."

I laugh turning to Kun. "Perks of being a full time worker in a non busy place. You hear amazing things."

Taeyong POV

Everyone turn to look at me as I enter the conference room. "What?" I say confused. They continue to stare in silence and some of them press their lips together to suppress their oncoming smile.

"So what now?" We hear Jieun say.

"Now nothing. When I woke up, I told him that I don't remember and that we should act like nothing happened." I facepalm myself. Of course she'll tell Jieun about it.

I watch the club from my office window.

"Seems fun out there." Lucas says.

"You can go out there and join them, in fact, we should be out there patrolling." Johnny states.

"Right. We should be out there."

"You don't sound too happy." Jaehyun chuckles.

"Look at me. Do I look like I'm in any condition to go out there?"

"Are you in a lot of pain?" Ten asks.

"If you are, how about some alcohol to help you forget." Johnny replies. "Let's go."

We make our way down to the floor below and make our way through the crowd. People are dancing and grinding up on each other. Some are pressed up against each other and accidentally bumps into me.

"Ouch." I wince at the pain. I quickly pull myself out of the crowd and towards the bar which was less crowded. "Let's drink and forget the damn pain." I murmur to myself while ordering the Zombie, Jungle Juice and a Martini. "." I shake my head, which is making my lightheadedness worse. "It's getting to me." I look around. "Restroom." I make my way through the damn crowd again, but this time the pain was less noticeable, or so it felt like. I crouch on the floor. "That hurts like a ." I hiss out.

"Are you ok?" A voice speaks up, catching my attention.

"Yeah," I nod looking up. "I'm fi-Areum."

"Taeyong." She says taken back. "Why are you here? Aren't you in the middle of...healing?" She crouches next to me and looks around. "Let's get you home."

"I'm...I'm ok." I shake my head.

"No, you're not. You're obviously in pain." She says. "Where are the other NCT members? Why did they let you come here? You shouldn't be outside in a place like this. You shouldn't be straining yourself with physical activities. We have to get you home. C'mon. Hey, can you stand?"

"You talk so much." I mumble.

"Taeyong, did you hear me? We have to get you home. He-" I pull her by the neck and press my lips against hers.

"You're talking too much." I repeat myself and press my lips against hers again.

"Taey-"

"Don't." I warn, her lips. "Don't. Talk. So. Much." I say in between kisses. "Please."

"Ok." She whispers.

"Good girl." I say, pressing my lips against hers one last time before I moved down to her chin and neck. "Do you want to get outta here?"

"Well, at least you guys used protection." They both fall silent and a loud gasp was heard, bringing me back to reality. "You didn't?!" The guys look at me with wide eyes. I shut my eyes in embarrassment.

"Turn it off." I order.

"We were too tipsy and a bit too disoriented to remember the little details!" Areum shouts, which sounds louder than it did awhile ago.

"I said turn it off. Not turn it louder." I growl at Yuta.

"Don't turn it off. It's interesting." Jaehyun says.

"Ok, ok. But what about you and Lucas? Any progress?"

"Shut up! You shouldn't worry about me right now. What if you get pregnant? Do you want me to kill Taeyong for you?"

"Don't use me as an excuse for murder."

"Damn. You caught me." Jieun says making them both laugh. "So? What are you gonna do then. If it really does happen?"

"I'm gonna raise the child and tell them that their father is dead."

"Why?" Kun asks.

"Because he's part of the mafia."

"That's it?"

"I don't want to endanger the child." Areum says.

"If I was to have a child with a mafia member, I wouldn't want to expose my child to that world either." Jieun agrees. "Because I don't want the child to feel like they need to follow their father's footsteps and do underground work."

"That's true. The mafia is usually a family business." Areum agrees.

"Unless," Jieun starts. "they're outcasts. For example, if you're Chinese and you live in Korea."

Taken back by her words, we all look at each other.

"What do you think, Kun? If it was you, would you join the mafia?" Jieun asks.

"Not everyone will join the mafia. It depends on the individual." Kun answers calmly.

"Kun, you're such a good kid." Jieun laughs.

"I'm not a kid."

"You're younger than us. We can call you a kid." Areum jokes. They all laugh together and continue to work.

We all heave a sigh of relief. Kun was able to smooth over the problem. Thank goodness he's always been a calm person. Anyone would have panicked in that situation.

"Ok, but I need to talk to Taeyong and Dream."

"Why?" Areum asks.

"I stabbed two people yesterday."

"You mean, as Jieun or..." Areum trails off. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"I turned around and you were gone. I saw Dream at the club yesterday and Haechan..." Jieun trails off.

"What happened to Haechan?" Areum asks concerned. "Is he ok?"

"He might've had the time of his life like you." Jieun replies.

"What does that mean?"

"Yesterday, Haechan got drugged and...was all over Mark. I told Mark to take him home."

"H-hold up. Mark took a clingy drugged up Haechan home?" Areum asks and soon squealed. "You're giving Mark, Haechan?"

"Don't say it like that." Jieun growls.

Areum chuckles and soon turns into full out laughter. "I'm sorry, it's just...they're cute. They're so cute. They look so good together." She explains and starts giggling again. "I guess this will...bring them closer together. Have them up their relationship a bit. I'm happy for them."

"I'm not gonna give Haechan to Mark that easily. Plus, you should worry about yourself."

"I'm an adult. I can take care of myself."

"Right. You should be worried about Taeyong because I'm on the verge of killing him right now."

"So?" Areum starts. "What exactly happened yesterday?"

"We'll talk about it when Dream gets here." Jieun says.

"Will they even show up here? I'm sure they know you're pissed."

"Because they know that I'm pissed, they will be here after school."

"Haechan is still suspended, and he's not here."

"He's not gonna come here and receive my wrath on his own. Though I'm sure my wrath should be focused on him."

Areum chuckles. "Ah~ I think you're really too soft on them."

"I'm not."

"Oh really?" Areum raises her brow. "Then, what are you gonna do as punishment?" Jieun stays silent and does not answer. "Admit it. You don't have anything."

"I'll think of something before they get here." She says.

"In all honesty, I'm surprised she let Dream come back home to us." Jungwoo says. Everyone stares at each other.

"Maybe she's planning something." Doyoung accuses.

Haechan POV

I sneak down the stairs, looking left and right, before proceeding downstairs. I peek into the kitchen. Clear.

"What are you doing?" A voice speaks out, making me jump.

"Oh! Mark, it's just you."

"Who are you hiding from?"

"Isn't it obvious? Taeyong hyung." I answer.

"If you're gonna be that afraid of the consequences, you shouldn't have gone against our words."

"I'm not scared."

"Oh, yeah. That's why you're hiding from him."

"I'm not scared." I repeat.

"You hear that Taeyong hyung?"

"Eh!" I hide behind Mark immediately and feel him shake just a bit. I peek out from behind him and gasp. "You tricked me!"

"Thought you weren't scared." He laughs, turning to face me.

"Mark, you-"

"What?"

"You're so..." I trail off staring into his eyes. "So..." He leans in slowly and I close my eyes as he mesh our lips together gently. Mark's kiss are soft and innocent. Just the pressing of lips and nothing more. I his bottom lips earning an awkward strangled noise, making me laugh.

"Don't laugh." He says, his kisses now feverish and hot. He inserts his tongue in my mouth, making me mewl as he explores my cavity, manifesting dominance.

The sound of the fridge closing, brings me back to reality. Mark and I pull away to look at the intruder.

"Don't mind me. Please continue." Ten says drinking his glass of water. I blush pulling away from Mark, and make my way back, holing myself in my room.

**********

"Dreamies. Conference room. Now." Taeyong growls. I stayed holed up in my room all day, avoiding Taeyong hyung to the best of my abilities. Lucky for me, he didn't search for me. But now that Dream is home, we're all dead. Well, it's better than dying alone.

We all walk in slowly, knowing we're in trouble. "You guys went to the club yesterday when we clearly told you not to."

"It was Haechan's idea!" The other five yells in sync. I glare at them. Throw me under the bus, s.

"I...just wanted to help." I look down in shame.

"I told you to stay. I told you it was dangerous. Why do you never listen to me? Do you know what would've happened if we didn't come help you?" Mark asks. "If I didn't see that guy with you all drugged up?"

I shrink with every word that leaves Mark's mouth. Why is he angry now? He wasn't angry earlier.

"Ok, take it easy. You did save him on time." Johnny says.

"And received his ity as a reward." Ten adds.

"Not helping." Mark growls as a shade of pink dusted his cheeks. "Trying to be angry here."

"Right. Sorry." Ten replies with a smirk.

"I just wanted to help." I mumble again.

"Did you know, that your help, just turned your precious Jieun noona, into a murderer?" Jaehyun says.

"What?" Dream and I gasp out in sync.

"The man that Jieun stabbed in the throat yesterday, died." WinWin explains.

"W-will she be questioned by the police?" Jeno asks.

"We took care of the guy and the news reports. Nothing will come up about yesterday, but we can't stop the witnesses from opening their mouths." Johnny says.

"If word does get out, wouldn't the cops want to watch the footage from the club?" Jaemin wonders out loud. "What do we do then?"

"Yuta has that taken care of." Doyoung says. "Right?"

"Uh...about that." Yuta laughs nervously. "Before I got to the club's cams...all of the footage was wiped out."

"What?!" Everyone shouts.

"I think someone...hacked into our club's system."

"What?!" Everyone shouts again.

"Everything else is ok. It's just the events of yesterday that was wiped out."

"So, you don't have a lead to the guy that got away?" Doyoung asks.

"I don't."

"!" Johnny shouts. "What do we do about that guy then?"

"How do we know he's not gonna go and rat to the cops?" Ten asks.

"We don't." Taeyong says. "If he does, they won't get anything anyways. Our cameras' footage was wiped out."

"But wouldn't the cops be suspicious because the cameras got wiped out?" Jungwoo asks.

"We just tell them the truth. We got hacked." Taeil answers.

"Is it that easy?" Chenle asks.

"Of course it isn't." Mark replies. "We're in trouble if the guy rats to the cops."

"It's all your fault." Dream whispers to me, making a wave of guilt wash over me.

"Don't blame him. It's our fault for doing a terrible job at Dream-sitting." Taeil sighs out. "I'm sorry. I'm such a terrible hyung."

"You're not." Jungwoo assures him. "You're just...nice, is all."

Jieun POV

"Another quiet day in the shop." Kun says.

I chuckle. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine."

"I'm gonna go shopping to kill my boredom. Is there anything you two want?"

"You can get me ice cream." Areum says. "Any flavor but vanilla. It's boring."

"Kun?" I look at him.

"Um, if you don't mind, I would like ingredients to make chicken curry."

"So, potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, chicken and curry powder?"

"Please."

"No problem. I'll be back soon." I say, making my way to the store.

I am shopping and minding my own business when I witness an accident. An elderly lady in her mid 40s tripped and accidentally pushed a lady in her mid 20s into a display full of balloons.

"Aah! Aah! Aah!" The lady shouts as she steps on the balloons one after another, popping them. When she finally manages to stop, she stomps to the elder angry.

"Yah, old hag! Are you blind?!" The lady shouts.

"对不起 (Sorry.)" the elderly profusely apologizes.

"Huh? What the hell are you saying?!" She reaches for the elderly and I intercept with my hand.

"She was apologizing." I inform her. "It was an accident so let it go."

"You mind your own business." The lady yells at me.

"Yah, she apologized, so you better accept the apology and walk away, or I'll slap some woman sense into you for the disrespect you're showing her." I say. "How dare you raise your hand at an elderly."

"Hmph." The lady stomps off.

"谢谢 (Thank you.)" The elder bows to me.

"Are you ok?" I ask and she gasps in shock.

(a/n: Chinese is bolded in their conversation)

"You speak Chinese."

I smile. "I do."

"Thank you so much for your help. How can I ever thank you?"

"Your sincere thanks is enough. If you don't mind, I shall get going." I bow to her and walk away. I pay for the groceries and make my way back to the shop.

"Here comes my ice cream~" Areum sings and I stop in my tracks.

"Ice cream?" I repeat and look through the bags. ", I forgot, girl. I'm sorry. I'll go back."

"You don't have to."

"I will be back." I vow, running out the door. The market is only three blocks away. No biggie.

I am halfway through the second block when an orange rolls towards my feet. I pick it up and look around. There was a lady crouching on the ground picking up her fallen groceries. I run up to her.

"Let me help you." I grab her groceries off the ground. We look up simultaneously.

"It's you again." We say in sync.

She smiles. "Thank you."

"No problem." I reply. "Where are you going? I'll take it for you. This is too much for one person to carry."

"I'm actually looking for my house." She pulls out a piece of paper.

"Ah, ok." I nod. "I've never been there before but I know the general location. You're on the wrong street. Come with me." I help walk her home.

"You must think I'm crazy for not knowing where my own house is." She chuckles. "The truth is I'm from China."

"Figures." I nod.

"But my son lives here in Korea. I'm here to visit."

"Why did he let you roam around on your own if you're not familiar with the area? How irresponsible."

She giggles. "I'm actually here to surprise him." Her phone rings and she looks at me. "Excuse me." She says answering the phone. "I'm on my way home. Yes. Come help with the groceries. Sorry about that." She says after the call.

"No problem. I don't mind, but I've been wondering this since earlier. Have we...met before?"

"No. I don't think so." She says shaking her head.

"Ah, I see. Well, here we are." I say to her when we arrive at her house. More like mansion. I hand the groceries to the maids who were waiting at the gate.

"Thank you so much. How can I ever thank you?" She asks.

"It's no problem." I reply. "I wanted to help you."

"You should stay for dinner." She suggests.

"Oh, no." I shake my head. "I have to get going."

"But you helped me so I should-"

"It was my choice to help you." I cut her off. "Please excuse me." I bow to her and walk away.

Lady POV

I turn to go inside the gates and gasp in realization. I didn't ask for her name! I turn back around and she was already gone. I let out a sigh and walk inside the house. I ask the maids to get the ingredients ready to make food for my son.

I pick up my phone and dial. "Darling, you will not believe what happened to me." I told my husband the events I encountered over the phone. "I want our son to marry her."

"But he doesn't know her. You don't even know her name."

"But, I think they will look good together." I pout. "Hmph. I don't care. I'll find her somehow and get my baby to marry her." I hang up the phone and start cooking.

Chenle POV

We all look at each other, heaving a sigh, before entering the coffee shop.

"This morning there was a body found in the fountain of a local park." The anchor woman, on the TV, states. "The estimated time of death was 1:30am. According to the authorities, there were alcohol present in the victim's body. Also, there were signs of the victim trying to escape from their predator. Currently, there are no evidences leading to the victim's suspect."

"Hey, that's the guy that escaped the club last night." Jaehyun says.

"He's dead." Jungwoo whispers.

"How unfortunate." Jieun noona says, her aura dissipating all the warmth from her usual self, as she turns off the TV.

Jieun noona turns, looking Haechan up and down. "Looks like you had fun last night." She says, making Haechan blush. She looks at us one by one. "So? Want to tell me why the hell you boys slipped into a night club when you're underaged, and managed to get drugged?" Jieun noona's sharp gaze falls upon Haechan once again.

"I told you this was a bad idea." I whisper to Haechan and he nudges me.

"I'm waiting."

Haechan then nudges Jaemin to speak up. "Well, you see-"

"I want to hear from Donghyuck, the one who thinks it was a good idea to go against Mark's word, Taeyong's word and my word. So?"

"I..." Haechan gulps. "I just wanted to help."

Jieun noona lets out a sigh. "Did Mark ask you for help? Did NCT ask you for help?" Haechan shakes his head. "Then why?"

"Because I'm part of NCT. I want to help the hyungs. I have to help the hyungs. If I'm not useful, then why am I even in the group?" Haechan states.

"Hyuck, do you know how dangerous that mission was?"

"Oh, c'mon. It's fine. You found him and Mark saved him." Areum noona says.

"It's not fine!" Jieun noona shouts. "If I didn't see him, or Mark didn't see him, he could've end up like-" Jieun noona stops herself.

"Like who?" Haechan asks.

"No one." Jieun noona denies, looking away.

"Tell me." Haechan insists. "I want to know."

"There was a girl." Areum noona starts.

"Areum."

"She wanted to be our friend." Areum noona continues on, ignoring Jieun noona. "You know Jieun isn't fond of meeting new people, but the girl wanted to prove herself, that she was worthy of being our friend, and followed us to a club. She got drugged just like you, Haechan, but it didn't stop there."

"Areum, stop." Jieun noona growls. "Stop."

"She was gang and she killed herself from the trauma." Areum finishes the story and we gasp, staring at Jieun noona.

"I...I need some fresh air." Jieun noona says, with wet eyes before walking out.

"She keeps blaming herself for that girl's death even though it's not her fault." Areum explains. "If something we're to happen to you yesterday, Haechan, I don't think Jieun will be able to live with herself."

"I'm going after her." Lucas says, quickly dashing out of the coffee shop.

"Haechan. A word." Renjun says, dragging him down to the basement with the rest of us Dreamies, following suit. Jisung and I stand guard at the basement door.

"The hyungs are suspecting Jieun noona." Jaemin says.

"I already know? Isn't that why I'm learning from Yuta hyung?"

"You don't get it . The events yesterday," Renjun starts. "is making the hyungs more suspicious."

"We have to protect her." Jeno says.

Lucas POV

I slowly walk behind Jieun. She is absentmindedly walking around the city. She stops in front of a flower shop and purchases a single purple flower before walking away.

"Excuse me." I run up to the worker. "That lady that just bought the purple flower," I start. "What kind of flower is it?"

"It's a purple Hyacinth." She pulls out a stem which holds a bundle of six pedaled flowers.

"What does it mean?"

"This flower means 'I am sorry', 'please forgive me' and 'sorrow'." She replies.

"Ah~" I slowly nod my head at the explanation. "Thank you!" I look around and run after Jieun again. I follow her to the cemetery and she stops in front of a certain grave, putting the flower down. She stands in front of the grave for some time before she walks back to the coffee shop to find it NCT-free.

Jieun POV

As night falls, I see Dream huddling outside of the coffee shop and they seem to be arguing and freaking out about something.

"What are you boys doing?" I ask.

"Noona!" They all yell in sync.

My eyes fall onto Renjun. "Oh my god! What happened?" I yell, grabbing a hold of Renjun's bleeding wrist. "Who?" I realize that Renjun was the one holding the bloody blade. "Did you-"

"H-he's feeling suicidal!" Jisung shouts.

"Renjun!" I gasp. "Anyways, come in!" I drag him down the basement with the others following suit.

Renjun POV

"Yah, we need to step up our game." Haechan says.

"Exactly. Since, the hyungs are suspecting Jieun noona even more." Jaemin adds.

"I need to find the bug that Ten hyung told Johnny hyung to place in the shop." I state.

"How are we gonna do that without Jieun noona knowing?" Jeno asks.

"Maybe only one of us needs to stay." Chenle suggests.

"I have a plan." I offer.

"What is it?" Jaemin asks and I pull out a pocket knife.

"You're gonna attack Jieun noona?" Jisung asks.

"As if!" I hit him upside the head. "I'm gonna cut myself."

"What?! Don't do it!" They shriek out.

"Jieun noona is gonna freak if you're injured." Jeno says.

"What are we gonna tell her?" Chenle asks.

"We tell her that someone else hurt me." I reply.

"I'm sure she'll hunt down the one who 'supposedly' hurt you." Jaemin says. "Don't cut yourself."

"I have to. Jieun noona isn't gonna let us lock up the coffee shop. Plus, if we snoop around while she's still here, she'll find out about the bug. I need to get injured, sleep in the basement, and when Jieun noona is asleep, quietly look for the bug."

"Don't do it!" They all yell.

"I have to." I move the knife to my wrist and the others hold onto my armed hand.

"Don't! Don't! Don't!" They chant while Jaemin tries to calm us all down.

"I have to." I repeat. We struggle back and forth and soon enough, it was just me battling with Jeno (Jaemin calmed the others down.)

"Aaah!" I scream and we all flinch. I feel a throb on my wrist and I take a look. Yep, I'm bleeding.

"! Are you ok?" Jeno asks and the others freak out again at the sight of my bleeding wrist.

"What are you boys doing?" Jieun noona's voice sounds out.

"Noona!" We all turn to her shocked.

Her eyes fall onto my bleeding wrist and she takes it with her hand. "Oh my god! What happened?" She shouts. "Who?" She looks at my armed hand. "Did you-"

"H-he's feeling suicidal!" Jisung stutters out.

"Renjun!" She yells. "Anyways, come in!" She leads me down the basement with the others in tow. She sits me down in a chair and quickly sterilize my hand with distill water then hydrogen peroxide. She then put a gauze on my arm and looks around.

". Bandage rolls are out. I'm going to the car to get one. Hold this and stay." She orders and runs out.

I glare at Jisung. "Why did you tell her that I am feeling suicidal?!"

"I panicked." Jisung states. "Plus, she saw you holding the knife."

"I think this accident is good." Haechan says. "Now Jieun noona won't let you back to the NCT house because she thinks you're feeling suicidal. This is your chance to look for the bug."

I let out a gasp. "You're right. Jisung, nice save." I give him a thumbs up.

"I told you to hold the gauze in place."

"Right. Sorry." I mumble holding onto the gauze again. Jieun noona shakes her head and bandage my wrist up with a bandage roll.

Jieun POV

"Are you feeling suicidal?" I ask. Renjun shakes his head. "So then, why did you cut yourself?"

"I just wanted to know how it felt like. Why some people feel relief with this kind of pain." He explains.

I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry to say, but Renjun, I'm not letting you go back to the NCT house today."

"But-"

"No buts." I cut him off.

"Are we in trouble?" Haechan asks.

"For what?"

"You know, for yesterday?" I raise my brow at them. "For sneaking into a club, drinking alcohol and getting myself drugged?" Haechan clarifies.

"I've been thinking all day and..." I trail off making them stiffen up. "I'm not gonna punish you."

"What?!" They shout confused.

"You know, when you guys were kids, I could take your electronics away or put you in the corner for timeout, but not anymore. You guys are nearing adulthood. When you guys got suspended, I told you guys not to involve yourself with NCT missions, but you don't want to listen. I wish you would listen to me, but you don't. I really have no punishments for you."

"Noona-"

"You boys go home. Renjun will be sleeping with me."

"Ok." Dreamies reply in sync.

"I hope you feel better Injeolmi." Jeno comments.

"See you soon, Samsoon." Jaemin states.

"Goodnight, golden hands ge." Chenle adds.

"Good bye, Moomin otaku." Jisung says.

"Good night, and good luck, shoulder gangster." Haechan pats his shoulder and they all walk out.

"What the hell was that?" I ask and Renjun shrugs his shoulder. "You have so many nicknames." I chuckle.

"Can I sleep here tonight? I'm tired." Renjun yawns and lays down on the gurney. "Night."

"I'll be here, but first, I gotta close up." Renjun slowly nods and I close up the shop. I sit next to him and lay my head down, as the weight of my heavy eyelids close itself.

"Jieun noona? Are you asleep? Jieun noona? Good, you're asleep." Renjun slowly sneak up the basement and into the shop. Is he looking for something? What is he looking for? He disappeared for quite awhile, but he came back and lay down next to me as if nothing happened.