Chapter 14

Puzzle

Jieun POV

Night time comes and I close up my coffee shop. I reach home, tossing my car keys onto the TV table and sit on the couch.

"Time to relax." I whisper, turning on the TV.

"Tonight there was a body found in the streets of Injeong. According to the medical report, it was due to drug overdose."

I let out a sigh. Stupid people. I turn off the TV decide to go take a shower.

When I come down the stairs after my shower,  Dream is making their way into the house.

"You're home."

"We're home." They reply in sync and stop in their tracks.

"What happened to your arm, Jieun noona?" Jaemin asks, pointing to my bandaged forearm.

"Ah, this? It's nothing." I wave him off.

"Excuse me." Renjun says, grabbing my arm.

"Yah! Let go. What are you doing?" Renjun manages to unwrap my arm and they all wince at the view.

"How did you get that?" Jeno asks.

"Cooking. I messed up." I shrug. "Follow me." I order and they look at each other.

"No matter how you look at it, it looks like a stab wound." Chenle whispers to the others.

"C'mon." I motion my head for them to follow me, trying to get them off the subject. I walk them downstairs to the basement. I turn the light on walking over to a specific item.

"Wow, its been forever since we've seen this." Jeno states as Dream surrounds the thing.

"I was the first one who used it." Renjun laughs reaching out to touch the item in nostalgia.

"What are we doing here?" Jisung asks.

"You're gonna practice." I state. "Just like the old days."

"We practiced for a few months just to kick our bullies , then we stopped." Jaemin recalls, patting the punching bag. "Good times."

"We're gonna finally use the punching bag again?" Chenle chuckles giving the bag a light punch. "It's been so long."

"You boys are not that rusty, are you?" I ask. "I think that all the first hand fighting you boys went through should've helped you improve."

"But a punching bag doesn't move." Haechan complains.

"You want to fight each other instead?" I ask. They all nod in sync. "Ok. Let me see how you boys fight. Jeno against Hyuck."

"I don't want to go against Jeno. He's gonna kick my ." Haechan whines. "He's stronger than me."

Jeno laughs. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"I don't trust you."

"Do you want to fight me instead?" I offer.

"I'll go against Jeno." Haechan says and they start their hand to hand combat. Jaemin is practicing fighting with Renjun while Chenle and Jisung paired up for sparing.

"Hey, you boys are pretty good. At street fighting anyways." I say. "You boys have no technique. You just randomly swing."

"We have no proper training." Renjun states.

"Cause the hyungs think that it's too dangerous for us." Chenle adds.

I let out a sigh. "They're putting you in more danger by not training you properly."

"Noona, since we're off for two days, can we sleep over at the NCT house?" Jisung asks.

"Do what you want. You boys only have two days, while Haechan here has two weeks."

Haechan smiles sheepishly. "I'll be off your shoulders for two weeks."

"Why? You don't want to be alone with me in a house?"

"I didn't say that." Haechan raise his hands up in surrender. "I just don't want to be a burden and annoy you for two weeks. Instead, I'll go bother Mark and the other NCT hyungs."

"You just want to see Mark, right?" I ask.

"No!" Haechan denies with flushed cheeks. "Why would I want to sleep under the same roof as him for two weeks? I would be crazy to want to do that." He says running up the stairs. The others scoff.

"Guess he crazy then." Jisung shrugs.

"Does he think he's slick or what?" Jaemin asks.

"He seriously think he's keeping it a secret." Renjun states.

"Let's just play along." Chenle says.

Renjun POV

"Haechan, let's pack our stuff." I order.

"I am packing."

"You're playing with Coco. That is not packing."

"But Coco is hungry."

"Yah! You can't slack off. You remember what you have to do, right?" I ask him and he nods. "Good, so start packing."

"Mm." He nods, saving his game and properly starts packing.

"Noona, we'll be going." Jaemin informs Jieun noona.

"Ok. Have fun while you still can cause you boys are going back to school in two days. Haechan, you be good. Don't trouble your hyungs too much."

"Ok." We all reply and walk out the door.

"Dreamies!" Jieun noona calls out and we all turn to look at her. "No missions! No NCT related stuff!"

"Ok." We all reply.

We arrive at the NCT house and are immediately greeted by the hyungs.

"Hey, what's up?" Taeil hyung asks.

"We got suspended." We reply. "So, we'll be staying here for awhile."

"Jieun lets you?" Taeyong hyung asks.

"Why wouldn't she?" Jaemin retorts.

"No reason." Taeyong hyung shrugs. We all put our stuff away and the others join the rest of the hyungs while Haechan goes to Yuta hyung's room and I go to Ten hyung's.

Areum POV

"You boys are here with us today." I say to the six boys.

"We're suspended from school." Jeno replies. "We have nothing to do."

"We can go to the NCT company but..." Renjun trails off staring at Jieun. "We decided not to for everyone's safety."

"Huh. I see." I chuckle. "Must be hard on you boys."

"We'll be fine since we're going back to school the day after tomorrow, but I don't know about Haechan." Chenle says. "Will he survive? Only time can tell."

"I'll be fine without you guys around." Haechan argues.

"Oh, really? Good for you. But, you're not that fun so...you might miss us a bit. Actually, a lot." Jisung states.

"Aish, this brat." Haechan says, playfully grabbing Jisung's collar.

"Areum noona." Jaemin calls out. "Do you know what happened to Jieun noona's arm?"

"She hurt herself while cooking." I reply.

"But it's a stab wound." Chenle points out. "Is it possible to stab your own forearm while cooking?"

"Well, considering the fact that it happened to Jieun, it is indeed, possible." I smile at them and turn away to clean the equipments. I walk to Jieun and whisper to her. "Dreamies found out? You said not to let them know."

"They caught me after I came out of the shower. I didn't have enough time to hide it." She replies.

"Aish. Seriously." I mumble. "So much for hiding."

"Shut up."

"Noona." The boys call out. "We're bored."

"What do you want me to do about it?" Jieun asks.

"Can we go to the arcade?" Haechan asks.

"Again?" They all nod in sync. "Don't you boys have better things to do? Like, studying?"

"But yesterday you said we should enjoy ourselves before we go back to school." Jisung points out.

"Tsk. This brat only remembers things I say that are related to fun and playing." Jieun says handing them a wad of cash.

"Thank you! We love you!" Dreamies shouts in sync.

"Pssh. You only love me when you need me."

"Not true!" They yell out. "We love you everyday, every hour, every minute, every second of our being."

Jieun chuckles. "I know. Have fun."

Renjun POV

"Yah, you look like ." Jisung tells me.

"I hardly slept last night."

"Why?" Chenle asks.

"This." I show them the item in my hand.

"What is it?" Jeno asks.

"Wait. Is that what I think it is?" Jaemin questions.

"My first bug. I don't know if it works though. Considering that it's my first, it might not work, but I did follow Ten hyung's instructions, so it should? I'm not too sure."

"We should test it out." Haechan suggests.

"On who? Where?" Jisung asks.

"On the reason why we started this in the first place." Haechan replies with a smirk. "Let's go."

"You boys are here with us today." Areum noona says to us.

"We're suspended from school." Jeno replies. "We have nothing to do."

"We can go to the NCT company but..." I trail off staring at Jieun. "We decided not to for everyone's safety."

While the others talk to Areum noona I look around. Where should I put it? I walk over and sit at the table that Jieun noona usually sits at, sticking the bug under the table.

After Jieun noona hands a wad of cash to Jisung, we all leave and I pull my cellphone out.

"Did you plant it?" "Is it working?" "Did you fail?" They bombard me with questions.

"Ssh." I hush them and we lean in towards the phone, remaining silent, to see if the bug is working. "Kssh kssh kssh." The sound of static can be heard.

"It's a fail." Jisung says pulling away.

"I-I hear something." Chenle says.

"Huh?" Jisung leans back in to listen.

"Ksssh. Don't. Kssh. Spoiling. Kssh. Much?"

The sound of laughter can be heard then suddenly, we can hear clearly.

"It's working!" Jeno shouts.

"Ssh!" I hush him as we listen to Jieun noona's voice.

"I'm not spoiling Dreamies."

"You handed them a wad of cash. How much was it?"

"A couple hundred."

"See? Spoiled."

"Dreamies are kids with a hard past. I don't want to treat them so gently it reminds them that they are victims of crime. But I don't want to be so hard on them that they believe they're bad people, because they're not. So, I think that the occasional spoiling and attention I give them, plus the lecturing after they do something wrong, is the best method."
Tink. KSSH!

"The...bug is dead." I say and we all look at each other in silence.

"Victims of crime. I've forgotten." Haechan states, staring into the distance.

"I think that's the point of Jieun's method in raising us." Jaemin says. "She wants us to forget. She wants us to know that we're loved and important."

"We are victims of crimes?" Jisung asks. "How?"

"I was verbally and physically abused as a child." Haechan answers.

"Me too." I say. "My step mother verbally abused me. Sometimes she would get physical. She'll lock me in a closet for hours."

"My parents abandoned me." Chenle replies.

"My mother neglected me and later abandoned me." Jaemin adds.

"My parents died in a car crash though." Jeno states.

"Congratulations. You're not one of us." Jaemin begins. "You wouldn't want to be."

"My parents were murdered, but-"

"You're still a victim, Jisung-ah." I cut him off. "The murderer left you parentless. But you're lucky you have Areum and Jieun noona."

"But you do too." He says.

"Yeah." We all nod with a smile on our face. "We do."

Jieun POV

"Yah, don't you think you're spoiling Dreamies too much?"

I laugh and shake my head. "I'm not spoiling Dreamies."

"You handed them a wad of cash. How much?"

"A couple hundred." I reply, crossing my hand under the table and feel my hand hit something.

"See? Spoiled."

I explain myself to Areum pulling at whatever my hand had hit. I pull it out from under the table and stare at it. What is this? When did this get there? How? I threw it on the ground and stepped on it.

"What is that?" Areum asks and I show it to her. We raise our brows at the item and shrug it off. I toss it in the trash and continue with our day.

"You're not visiting Taeyong today?" I ask Areum.

"No. He might think I'm too clingy if I go visit him everyday. Plus, he'll get tired of seeing me too often. What about you? Missing Lucas?"

"No." I reply. "He can skip a few days if he want."

"Are you sure? Cause I clearly remember a certain someone being all antsy because Lucas didn't show up for two days." Areum says with a smirk on her face.

"Don't make me punch you."

"Oh, how scary~" Areum coos. I raise my fist and she flinches. "I'm sorry." She apologizes immediately.

Cling. Cling. We turn to the door and Lucas walks in.

"Speak of the devil." Areum mouths to me and I raise my fist again.

"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I pass by again?"

"Lucas, you only use that line if you've just met a girl. You and I have seen each other way too many times, more than I would like to, to be using that line on me."

"Aw~ But I had to do research for that one." He whines.

"Go home and think of better ones that actually make sense." I say.

"Can I get a Caramel Macchiato but like frappe version?" He asks.

"Sure." I reply turning to Kun. "You can do it right? If not, I can-"

"I can do it." Kun cuts me off, getting right to work immediately. Lucas pays for the drinks and wait.

"So..." He starts. "How are you?"

"As you can see, I'm fine."

"Good to know." He nods. "Wanna go out for a bit."

"Not really." I shake my head.

"If Jieun isn't willing, do you want to go out with me for a bit?" Areum asks Lucas. He turns to look at me and I turn away.

"Sure." He replies and after receiving his frappe, walks out with Areum.

"You're not gonna go?" Kun questions.

"Why would I?" I question and make my way to my regular table looking out the window. After awhile, Areum comes back and joins me at the table. "Did you have fun on your little date?"

"Sure did." She nods.

"What did you guys do?"

"Why? You jealous?" Areum smirks.

"Tsk. I'm not jealous." I say. "You always share your dates with me."

"Not this time, girl. Sorry."

"Whatever." I mumble and turn on the TV to watch the news.

"Another body was found due to the cause of over dose." The anchor woman said on TV. "The victim was found on Injeong street at 7pm."

Areum and I look at each other.

"Noona~" Dreamies sings, coming through the coffee shop's door, stealing our attention. "For you." They say in sync as they hand me a bouquet of flowers.

I look at it with furrowed brows. "Who are you and what have you done to my babies?"

"Noona!" They pout.

"I'm kidding!" I say accepting the bouquet. "Thank you, but what's the special occasion? It's not my birthday or anything."

The boys look at each other and smile. "We just wanted to." Haechan says.

"For everything you do for us." Renjun adds.

Suddenly my vision blurs and warm drops of tears spill from my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Jeno asks.

"I'm sorry I just..." I sniff. "When you boys were younger, you used to pick flowers off the streets for me, but after growing up, you stopped. I hardly get gifts from you boys, so getting this from you all just makes me so happy and emotional. Thank you."

"Sh. Don't cry." They all comfort me with sweet words and a group hug.

"Though we hardly get you gifts, please remember that we love you." Chenle assures me. "You are so very important to us."

"We told you earlier, right? We love you everyday, every hour, every minute, every second of our being." Jaemin assures me.

"You are the best thing that happened in my life." Haechan hums.

"I always feel safe and at ease when you're around." Renjun says. "You make me happy, noona."

"We are just high schoolers, so we can't get you anything fancy." Jeno chuckles. "Sorry."

I shake my head. "This is plenty." We pull away from the hug and the others nudge Jisung.

"Say something to Jieun noona." They urge him.

"Uh." He rubs his arm awkwardly.

I smile. "You don't-"

"You're my number one." He blurts out, red faced, avoiding eye contact.

My eyes widen in shock at his words and soon melts into a smiley face, as fresh tears drip down my cheeks. "Thank you. You boys are also my number one."

"Oh, how sweet? What number am I then, boys?" Areum asks.

"Ah. Areum noona is here too." They all say in sync.

"I've been here the whole time, but you were all clearly too focused on your favorite noona, that you didn't see me."

"Sorry." They reply once again, in sync.

Areum lets out a sigh. "Forget it. As long as I have a place somewhere in your hearts, that's good enough."

"I don't think such place exists." Haechan replies.

"Yah, you brat!" Areum shouts grabbing a hold of a laughing Haechan.

"I'm playing. Playing!" Haechan continues to laugh.

Suddenly, multiple people enter the coffee shop.

"It's getting late." I blurt out. "Dreamies, you should go home. I'll give you a ride."

"No!" Dream shouts in sync.

"We'll be fine on our own." Jeno states.

"I can take them home, if you want." Kun offers. "And you can attend the customers."

"Will you really?"

"Yes." He nods. "I'll make sure they get home safe."

"Thank you." I say and bow to Kun.

"Don't worry about it."

Haechan POV

"Rock-Paper-Scissors!" We yell and Chenle, along with Jeno, loses.

"You go in the trunk." I joke.

"Yah!" The others yell at me.

"I'm playing!"

We all get in Kun's car with me taking shotgun, while Jeno and Chenle sit at the foot of the other three.

"It's cramped down here." They both complain.

(a/n: lmao. I just realized I've been writing about Dream riding in one car with Jieun and the others but...the car doesn't actually fit all of them. 😂)

"Too bad." The rest of us reply in sync. "You lost."

"We should have the smaller people sit on the ground." Jeno reasons.

"Chenle is small." Jisung states, earning a smack on the knees from Chenle.

"But I'm not." Jeno complains. "Next time, Renjun should sit down here."

"I don't want to." Renjun says. "Plus, I beat you fair and square."

"Please stop complaining." Kun orders. "From now on I'll drive the van, so all of us can fit."

"You don't have to." Jaemin smiles. "Don't want to bother you."

"It's not a bother. We're family."

"Isn't this a one time thing?" Haechan asks. "I'm not sure Jieun noona will let you take us home next time."

"I'm sure she will." Kun says.

"Do you have her trust?" Chenle asks.

"I don't know, but considering that she let me drive you home today, maybe she does."

"Welcome home." The other hyungs greet us.

"We're home." We chorus. Renjun goes in search of Ten hyung while I go to Yuta hyung's.

"You're back." Yuta smiles. "Are you ready to learn?"

"Not really, but I don't have a choice."

"Yes you do, and this was it, wasn't it?"

"Mm." I nod. "You got me."

"Ok. So today I'm gonna teach you how to decode codes."

Jieun POV

After closing the coffee shop, I return home putting the bouquet of flowers in a vase and turn on the news. They're talking about the overdose victims again. I let out a sigh and pull out a first aid kit taking care of my wound. I wince at the stinging sensation. I need to step up my game.

"Sup." I greet Dreamies the next day.

"Good morning." They reply with a yawn.

"You boys look tired." I point out.

"I hardly slept last night." Haechan states. "I was too busy hac- um, having fun." He clears his throat.

"Right." I say. "So? What are you boys doing here?"

"What? We can't be here?" Renjun asks.

"I didn't say that, it's just...usually, you boys would be at an arcade or doing whatever high schoolers do."

"We'll be off in a bit." Jisung says.

"We just wanted to see you." Jaemin adds bringing a smile to my face.

"I see."

"And now that we have...can you give us some money?" Haechan asks with his hand in front of me.

"Haechan!" The others shout at him.

"We don't need it." Chenle says with a shake of his head. I pull out a wad of cash handing it to Haechan, who lets out a small 'yes'.

"We really don't need it." Jeno states, grabbing the wad of cash out of Haechan's hand and putting it back into mine. Then they all pull Haechan away. What was that?

"Hey, Jieun." Areum greets me.

"Hey." I greet back.

"I'm going out."

"To see Taeyong?"

"You know it~" Areum replies. "Bye~" I let out a sigh and start to clean the utensils.

"If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?" I turn around and came face to face with Lucas.

"I will admit, that one is pretty sweet."

Lucas pumps his fist in victory. "Yes! I'm glad you think so."

"Which website did you rip that from?"

"Pickuplines.com." He replies.

"Seriously?"

He nods with a smile. "Seriously."

"Will you go on a date with me?" He asks.

"Why would I?"

"Please." He pouts.

I turn to Kun and he smiles. "You should go. Girls will kill to go on a date with a handsome man like Lucas."

"Nah." Jieun shakes her head. "I'll decline."

Lucas lets out a huff. "I guess I'll go home then." He starts to walk away.

"Bye." I wave him off. He turns back to me.

"You're not gonna stop me?"

"Why should I?" I chuckle.

"I'm really going."

"Bye." I continue to wave him off.

He sighs out in resignation. "Just when I think that we're getting along and you like me just a little, you're being cold to me again. Bye." He says and walks out of the coffee shop.

"You should've went with him." Kun says.

"He'll be fine. It's better if we aren't too close with each other. That way, in the end, he won't be in too much pain."

"You're very kind."

"Oh, trust me. I'm not."

**********

"Oh? No Dreamies today." Areum asks.

"They're back in school, minus Haechan." I reply.

"Ah~ the two days are up fast, huh?"

"Mm." I nod.

"What are you doing?" Areum questions.

"Texting Jisung."

"For?"

"To call me during his break."

"Seriously?" I nod at Areum.

"I'm gonna go out for some fresh air." I say and walk to a near by park. I watch the parents play with their children as time passes by. My phone suddenly buzz in my hand. "Hello?"

"Noona, it's me."

"Who's me?" I joke.

"Jisung Park."

I chuckle. "I know. I'm just playing with you."

"You wanted me to call you. Is it something important."

"No." I shake my head though Jisung can't see it. "I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Oh, ok."

"How's class today?"

"Same as always. Boring." I chuckle and continue to watch the families play in front of me. "-na. Jieun noona."

"Hm? Yes." I answer.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Class is gonna start again soon so..." he trails off.

"Jisung-ah."

"Hm?" I stare at the happy families in front me. "What is it?"

"Study hard."

"I know that already." He growls hanging up the call. I let out a sigh. I wonder if he... I shake my head, returning to the coffee shop.

"Are you ok?" Areum asks. "Let me see how your wound is doing? It's healing nicely."

"Mm." I nod.

"Yah, are you ok?" I nod at her question. "You sure?" I nod again. "Sounds fake, but ok."

After I close up the shop, I return home putting on the news. "Time to relax."

"Lately there has been an ecstasy drug circulating around. What do you think about it?" The anchor woman asks the police officer.

"Well, I would like to warn parents to keep their eyes on their children." The police answers. "There has been three cases of overdose in the past week. The drug dealers are choosing to deal with curious teens."

"Why do you think that is, when the teens don't have much money?"

"Because teens are young and dumb. The dealers sell the drugs cheap for first time teens. The dealers hook the teens with the drug, and make it more expensive as time goes on. The teens get more addicted to the drug and they commit crimes or steal money from their parents just for a small amount of drug for a high price." The police states.

"Do you have an idea of who the dealer is? Or where they are dealing the drugs?"

"We do not know. We are currently investigating on that matter."

"Thank you." The anchor woman says. "Parents, please look out for your children and do not keep them out the house for too long. I hope the matter closes quickly with no more harm done. Good night."

"Ok." I mumble, shutting the TV off. "So much for relaxing."

I walk up to my room and prepare my supplies ready to take a shower, but I can not take the news out of my head. Drug dealing. Teens. I toss my supplies on my bed and pull out my laptop. I search the news on the web. I pull out the three news article about the recent drug overdose victims. I scan the article. Body found near the club Whiplash. I check the next article. Body found two blocks away from the night club Whiplash. I check the last article. Body found in the alleyway near the nightclub Whiplash. Drug dealing. NCT. Whiplash. Teens. Dreamies.

I pull out my phone and dial, waiting for the other person to pick up. But he never does. I click my tongue and dial the next number. I dial six different numbers, but none of them pick up. I let out a frustrated sigh and call the last person.

"Where's Dreamies?" I ask as soon as he picks up.

"Um, hello to you too." Lucas says on the other side of the line. "Dreamies are in their room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes?" He answers.

"Let me talk to them."

"Ok. Hold on. Dream." I hear him call out to them through the phone. "Hey." I hear a few knocks. "Hey. Dream."

"What?" I hear a frustrated growl.

"Phone call."

"Who is it?"

"Answer it and you'll know."

"Hello?" I hear Jisung's tired voice.

"Are the rest of Dreamies with you?"

"Jieun noona? Why did you call Lucas hyung?" He asks.

"I asked you a question. Are the rest of Dreamies with you?"

"Yes." Jisung answers. "What's wrong?"

"I want to hear the others."

"Ok. Hold on. Hyung. Jieun noona is on the phone. Wait, I'll put it on speaker."

"Hi, Jieun noona." They say in sync.

"Whats up?" Jaemin asks.

"I called all of you, and none of you picked up."

"Huh? You called us. Oh! You did." Jeno blurts.

"Sorry." Renjun apologizes. "Our phones were on Do Not Disturb."

"What are you guys doing?"

"We're working on a ing essay. Our stupid teacher thought it was a good idea to torture us with a five page essay on our goals in life." Haechan complains. "C'mon, I'm suspended, man! Why did you guys bring it to me?"

"How long have you guys been working on that?" I ask.

"After dinner." Chenle replies. "We're all frustrated. I mean, my future is basically NCT, but that's not exactly high school prompt appropriate."

"We have to make up . Like, go to college and start a family or a business." Jisung states.

"Going to college is not ." I say. "You boys will be going to college."

"Aw~ I don't want to." They protest.

"I want to leave learning behind already." Jisung whines.

"NCT is our future. Can we not go to college?" Chenle asks.

"Yah, but we need to contribute to the group." Renjun pipes up. "So, we do have to go to college."

"We are contributing." Haechan argues. "With our body."

"Renjun is saying that we need to contribute with knowledge." Jeno clarifies. "You know, by going to college and learning things."

"I hate learning, but if it's for Jieun noona, I'll do it." Jaemin says making me chuckle.

"Oh, Jaemin. Such a sweet talker."

"Heh.Heh." He laughs.

"So? Why did you call us?" Haechan asks.

"Hm? Why? I can't call you boys?"

"I didn't mean it like that." Haechan sass. "Don't you have a reason to call us? At such a crucial time?"

"I was just worried is all." I reply. "But hearing your voices...I'm happy now."

"Heh~" They chorus.

"Jieun noona, I really miss you." Jaemin says.

"Hey! Not fair. You got the jump on us." The others complain.

"We miss you too." The others chorus.

"If you boys miss me so much like you claim, then you boys should come home."

"We want to but...it's proving to be difficult." Chenle says.

"M-maybe soon. We'll be h-home soon." Jeno stutters out.

"Ok. Work on your essay. Sorry for bothering you boys. I love you. Muah."

"We love you. Muah~"

Mark POV

I wake up to the ringing of my text tone.

NCT

NCT

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f794a67757a65736c6f4766704b513d3d2d3637363434393539332e313537613965303262343433653436653136353036313634393432382e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4b486d58754544543970444d4e673d3d2d3637363434393539332e313537613965303535666364633830623439313032313837333231312e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f57644947396d534d466c523154413d3d2d3637363434393539332e313537613965303861653062303834353831383430323137313537312e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

I chuckle putting my phone in my pocket and make my way downstairs

I chuckle putting my phone in my pocket and make my way downstairs.

"Taeyong is injured, Haechan and Kun is at the coffee shop. All our chefs are out. Guess we don't get homemade breakfast." Yuta pouts.

"Mm." Lucas nod. "."

"Where are you going?" I ask Lucas.

"To the coffee shop." He replies.

"Again?"

He chuckles. "Of course. Why not?"

"This is a dangerous game you're playing."

"Who says it's a game?" Lucas replies walking out.

"The one playing the game is Taeyong." Johnny starts, sipping coffee. "And I think...he's losing."

"They both are." I state.

"Facts." Johnny agrees.

Lucas POV

"You look cold. Want to use me as a blanket?"

"Get out of here, Lucas." Jieun says without looking at me.

"Brr. How cold. Can I use you as a blanket?"

Jieun lets out a sigh. "Seriously? I'm trying to work."

I look around. "There's no customers."

"Rub that truth in my face one more time and I'll punch you." She grabs a book from the shelf, next to her usual table.

I laugh. "Well, why don't you go on a date with me. It's not busy at this time."

She turns to Kun.

"Go ahead." Kun nods.

"Nah." She shakes her head. "I'll pass. Thank you for the wonderful offer though. I am truly tempted." She says reading the book.

"You really don't want to go on a date with me?" I pout at her.

She chuckles. "Maybe next time. I'm kinda...not in the mood for it right now."

"Eh~ why not?"

"I'm in a crisis right now."

"What kind of crisis?" I ask. She just smile and did not say anything. I let out a sigh. "But, I can stay here, right? And check out the masterpiece."

"What masterpiece?"

"You." She just smile and continue to read, while I watch her.

"Ahem." Haechan clears his throat. "Good morning to you too, Lucas hyung. Thanks for noticing me." Jieun chuckles at Haechan's sarcastic remark. "If you're so bored hyung, do you want to go to an arcade with me?"

"Sure." I shrug. "I'll get going." I inform Jieun. She looks at the clock.

"Are you going out for lunch?"

"We'll have lunch at home with the brothers, right, FullSun?"

"Yep." Haechan nods.

"Ah, ok. See you later." She waves at us.

We play for a bit and return home to the others putting takeout food onto the table.

"Hey, Lucas hyung." Mark greets me when he notice my presence. "Lunch?" He then spots Haechan. "You two were together?" His voice, now in a lower tone.

"Uh, yes?" I answer.

"Alone?"

"Yes and no. We were the only two NCT members, but we were in an arcade full of other people." Haechan replies. I feel Mark's eyes burn into me.

"Uh, lunch?" Doyoung asks, helping break the tension just a bit.

"Yes, please." I say. We all sit around and eat, but I can still feel Mark's eyes boring into me. "What about Taeyong?"

"He's...eating with Areum upstairs." Taeil replies.

"Oh." I say and we all continue to eat while talking about random things.

"We're here! We're here!" Dreamies shout running into the house.

"That's great and all but we're waiting for Kun." Ten says.

"Meeting doesn't start until 5:15. Do you guys read your messages?" Jungwoo asks.

"Of course we did." Haechan says pulling out his phone and stares at it for a few short minutes. "We're waiting for Kun cause he wants to join the meeting, right?"

"You didn't read it." Mark deadpans. "Until now."

"Bingo~" Haechan chirps.

"If we're gonna wait for two hours, I'm going to do my homework." Jeno says walking upstairs.

"Me too." Renjun leaves with Jeno.

"Well, we should all be doing our homework. C'mon." Jaemin drags Jisung upstairs with Chenle following suit. Mark and Haechan's eyes meet. Haechan clears his throat with pink cheeks and run up the stairs, following the other Dreamies.

Mark POV

"I don't know if you guys know but," Taeyong starts the meeting as soon as everyone is present in the conference room. "There's been multiple cases of drug overdose around our club Whiplash. If my assumption is correct, the drug is being passed around in our club. We need a plan to lure out and catch the dealer."

"How do we do that?" Jungwoo asks.

"The dealer targets teens." Yuta states pulling up some statistics. "Recently there has been a rise in teens who uses drugs. The reason being because, well, teens are idiots and they buy those for the temporary high. They clearly don't know the limit and end up with OD and death."

"Since it's being passed around in our club, we need to drag out the dealers before we get in trouble with the authority." Johnny adds.

"Anyone with a plan?" Taeyong asks. "Who wants to do it?"

Haechan raises his hand. "I'll do it."

"No." I immediately shoot down his offer.

Haechan scoffs. "Well then, who's gonna do it? I mean, they target teens right? Dreamies are the only teens here."

"It's too dangerous for you guys take on this job." I say.

"Well then, who will do it?" Haechan challenges me.

"I recommend Taeyong hyung." Doyoung speaks up. "He's our leader. If he catches the dealer, he can deal with him right away."

"Taeyong hyung gives off a cold and dangerous aura. No one wants to deal drugs with someone like that. Especially ones who are targeting teens." Jaehyung comments.

"I recommend Johnny hyung." Kun says. "He's strong and will be able to catch him right away."

"Johnny is tall and will intimidate the dealer. Dealers don't deal if they're intimidated. They might not even approach him." Ten shoots the idea down.

"Since Mark doesn't want Dreamies to do it, I want to hear his recommendation." Haechan argues, staring me down.

"WinWin hyung will go. He looks young like a teen, plus he's the doctor of the group, so when he receives the drug, he can save it and analyze it after we catch the dealer." I answer. "WinWin hyung, are you willing to do it?"

"I don't see why not." He shrugs.

"Wow. That's solid reasoning, Mark." Johnny compliments.

"So, he's going alone?" Taeil asks.

"Of course not. I'll be going too. I'm not intimadating like Taeyong hyung and Johnny hyung. The dealer will drop their guard and we'll be able to catch them. All exits are guarded; we'll have to inform the guards of the situation, so they can prepare to catch the dealer if they try to escape."

"Solid reasoning plus a great plan." Johnny applauds. "You're amazing."

"Why are you hyping him up?" Haechan growls. "I can do it too."

"What was your plan, Haechan?" Dreamies asks.

"I..." his eyes met mine. "urgh...forget it." Haechan grumbles. "But, I can still go right? I mean, WinWin hyung and Mark hyung will be there too."

"What did Jieun noona say about going on missions with us?" Taeyong asks.

"She said we can't go."  He replies disheartened.

"Then why are you asking me?"

"Because she's not the boss of you." Haechan challenges Taeyong, making everyone turn to him, waiting for his response.

Taeyong stays silent for a while. "She made the right decision. You're not going."

"Tsk. Damn." Haechan walks out of the room.

"Guess, we're really not needed here." Jeno says and they all follow Haechan out of the conference room.

"He was trying to trick you into letting him go." I state.

"I know. I was chanting to myself not to fall for his trick."

"Ok, but lets focus on the most important part." Jungwoo says. "When will you put the plan in motion?"

"As soon as possible." I answer.

"So, tonight then." Taeyong concludes and I nod.

*******

"Haechan." I call out to him as he passes me in the hallway. He ignores me and continues to walk down the stairs. "Talk to me." I follow him down the stairs. "Donghyuck."

He stops in his tracks and turns to me. "Don't talk to me. I'm mad at you."

"Obviously." I mumble and he storms off. "Wait. Just hear me out." I pull him back. He turns to me with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"Talk."

"Look, this mission is very dangerous." He raises his brows at me. "I just don't want you to get hurt in the process."

"Why?"

"Because I-" love you. I clear my throat. "Because you're part of NCT, and a maknae."

Haechan scoff. "That's it?" I nod. "You're only a year older than me. I am as capable as you are."

"I didn't say that you're not capable of doing the work. It's just too dangerous, and I don't want you to do it."

"But you're only one year older than me. How come you can do it but I can't? I can do the same thing you do."

"It's not about age or capability. I just don't want you to do it because well..." I don't want you to get hurt. "Jieun is gonna kill us all if she catches you...and us."

"Jieun noona this. Jieun noona that. You really like to use Jieun noona as an excuse to not let Dream be a part of the team." Haechan says storming off.

"Why don't you just tell him that you're in love with him?" Johnny asks, coming into the scene.

"We're brothers." I answer.

"You're not really brothers. Only through NCT."

"I can't lay hands on someone in the group, man. Plus he doesn't even like me that way. But let's say that we do get together, when we break up, everything will be a mess."

"You're worrying too much. Just live in the present, man. Keep thinking and acting like that, you'll end up losing him and the future that you're fretting over. When Hyuck finds a new person, you're gonna regret it a lot. Screw the future and just confess."

*********

WinWin and I ready ourselves for the club. A majority of us will be heading for the club, while Yuta, Kun, Taeil, and Jungwoo will be staying.

I put on my shoes and turn to Donghyuck.

"Stay." I point my finger at him.

"Hmph." Donghyuck crosses his arms over his chest.

Areum POV

"What's wrong?" I ask Jieun.

"I feel uneasy." Jieun replies, staring out the window at the dark sky.

"You always feel uneasy."

"Yeah but..." Jieun trails off, but soon finished her thoughts. "Haechan is gonna do something really stupid, y'know."

"He always does. Haechan is only Haechan if he causes trouble for us." I joke trying to put Jieun at ease, which did not work. "Let's clean up and go home. The babies will be fine." Jieun nods and we continue to clean up. When I turn to leave Jieun grabs my hand.

"Come with me."

**********

Sorry for disappearing and not updating. I was busy. And by busy I mean procrastinating. I was binge watching drama and anime. 😂😂😂
Sorry for being a lazy author. 😣

By the way, I just finished binge watching this Thai BL (Boys Love - for this who don't know) drama and it was good y'all. So good. I enjoy the main couple's story. Though the side couples were good too.

I don't know if anyone watches Thai BL series like I do but y'all should give it a try. The one I just finished is called "Love By Chance". I had a major fangirl session while watching this. Oh, and a heads up, they get "touchy", so if y'all don't like it...do not NOT watch it. Just skip it. The romance is worth the watch.
I need more friends to fangirl over my BL series with.😔 
Talk to me, I don't bite!