Restoration

My secret: The promise I made that day

A/N: The only thing I fixed for now are the word's spelling, not much of a difference grammar wise yet, but if you want to read now, then beware ahhahaa!~ Too many words to edit one time big time. Enjoy!~

 

Dahyun looked outside the window of her classroom. Flashbacks of what seemed to be earlier this morning came up.

After everything was settled, and everyone had breakfast, and a good night's rest, everyone started preparing on their way back home. Except for Dahyun--this was her house anyways, parent's but she is the only one living there at the moment, so technically it is her's. And as they said their goodbyes, each one of them thanked the house owner and gave her a warm hug. After separating ways and closing the door, reality hit her that in the big confinement of this house that she lives in everyday, once again empty... is her home. 

"So class, that is how the Russian legend Vladimir Horowitz, devised his pieces; both in terms of transposing, and in terms of composing his musical work" The teacher concluded, and asked, "So are there any questions?". After a moment of silence, she nodded briefly, and said, "Well, I will take that silence as a no". Ms. Sunmi ended as the bell rang, signaling the teacher that classes have ended and that lunch period has started. She then summarized everything and dismissed the class, but before anybody left the classroom, she reminded the students that, "Exam weeks are coming close" and that "Everyone should start studying or preparing for their upcoming exams".

Dahyun stood up making sure to double check her seat and desk if she left something. Once everything was set in place, she grabbed her bag and went on her way to the rooftop. It didn't take long before she received a text message from Chaeyoung.

 

(Chaeng-casso)

 

"Yo Dubz, let's eat lunch together!~"

"I'll pass"

"Awwww! Why not?"

"Don'cha wanna hang out with us?"

"Don'cha miss me!?"

"We literally ate dinner and slept together"

"And so?"

"Why would I miss you?"

*Gasp*

"I can't believe you!"

"Out of all the times we spent apart, were long enough"

"A few hours actually"

"Yes! A FEW PAINFUL HOURS!"

"Get your down here or I am sending your Sana otw!~"

 

My Sana...

"What do you mean, My Sana?"

"Is it not true?"

"She's been clinging on to you and calling you her's"

"It's only fair to think so"

 

Dahyun looked at the chat box for a while and decided if it was worth typing a reply. She contemplated and thought hard, but in the end, she decided not to and head up to the library to study--and maybe get her mind off things.

 

( * )

 

At the library, Dahyun opened up her science books... and her history books... and the majority--if not all--of her gen ed books, and started reading. After taking note after note, nothing seems to want to sink in. After a defeated sigh, she took her pen and twirled it in between her index and middle finger. She then stopped and thought to herself, "Why did I even bother going here". She checked her phone for the time, and only 15 minutes have passed--meaning that there is still 15 minutes to waste. She then sighed, got up, and packed her things, thinking, "maybe a change of environment will do me good".

The moment she left the library, she was met with the gentle gaze of light brown orbs once again. 

"Oh no..."

"Dahyunnie?! What are you doing here?~"

"I was studying for my exams..."

"Cool! where you headed now?"

"..."

"hmmm?"

"I haven't decided it yet..."

"Ohhh! Then why don't you join me on my walk around the campus then?"

"I don't know about that..."

"Oh come on~ What is there to lose?"

"I dunno, time?"

"You have all the time in the world~" Sana ended. This made Dahyun look at her in bewilderment. She couldn't help but sigh at the sentence... and how heavy it sounded in her ears.

 

Dahyun was dragged around the east wing of the school. It was not until they reached the all familiar hall that her eyes started to stretch wide. Each step she took was filled with regret. Once Sana felt the sudden shift in mood, she then looked at Dahyun who was looking down. She then smiled and said, "Let's run", as she dragged Dahyun faster. Heavy steps felt lighter as the pale girl was being dragged around. As she turned at the corner that she knew far too much--the same corridor she used to turn at a few moments back.

Just a bit more...

And there it is, the same corridor she used to see every morning. And it did not stop there. She was dragged inside the old music room and behold, the opened up window over the old dusty curtain, the blackboard with a crack by it's corner, the chairs set in a way that circles the center stage, and the old piano that has collected dust. She felt nostalgia kick in. Heck, even the air smelled nostalgic. The room that she has ignored since the incident. And like a trance, she slowly made her way to the piano.

With cautious hands, she went to open up the fallboard and saw black and white keys. A bit dusty, but nevertheless, black and white. A smile slowly formed on her face, but she forced herself not to touch the keys.

"Well, why not play it?" Sana voiced out, making Dahyun jump and look back--breaking her from her trance--and replacing her smile to a shy one. Sana then sat down on the chair and started pressing keys making sounds corresponding to what key is being played. Dahyun listened to the keys.

"C", "D", "E", "F", "G" keys that are played only by someone who doesn't know how to play the piano. Pressing the white hard spruce surfaces of the keys with long delicate fingers. It continues on until she hit the next key of "C".

"I..." it was all Dahyun could mutter before she was cut off by Sana.

"You know, when I play the piano, all I can do is make noise" she stated as she played the last key and looking up at Dahyun. "An instrument is best used when it's in the hands of those who know the art"

"Yes, but..."

"Hmmm?"

"I don't want to play..."

"Why not?" Sana continued

"What's up with her constant prying?"  Dahyun thought to herself and said, "I just... well, I guess it doesn't feel right?"

"Doesn't feel right?"

"Well... I guess it hit me that... I was playing to make my mom proud... and now that she's not here, I just don't see the need to play when it's not needed" she ended.

"You play for your mom?"

"Well, yeah... It's been like that ever since"

"I wonder about that"

"Hmmm?" Dahyun hummed in curiosity

"It's nothing" Sana stated while shaking her head. She then gave a warm smile and said, "Play for me".

"Play for me..." a simple request given by a weird person. A person that filled Dahyun's mind with curiosity. "Whatever is going on in her head?" she wondered, but she shook her head as a reply. That made Sana smile and scoot a bit, leaving room for one more person on the chair. The act made Dahyun swallow a thick lump of nothing on . It's been a while since her hands touch the black and white keys that seem to be calling her.

"Play for me"

There it is, another request, something about looking at the piano ready to be played moved something within her. And when she reached out with hesitation, slowly but surely, her hand was grabbed out of nowhere. And with a tug, she was motioned to sit next to the overly happy-go-lucky girl. She then looked at the black and white keys that seem to captivate her. It gave her feelings of both joy and sadness which made her smile a sad smile. And in a trance, she placed her hands on the black and white keys. Dusty yet heart-filled. But, she didn't press it, just placed her hands to feel the wooded splendor of the piano's keys.

I close my eyes and I can see...
The world that's waiting up for me...
That I call my own..

A song, a song that was being sung by that light and cheery voice, yet it gave justice to the semi-hopeful song. And probably, that's what it is, hopeful.

Through the dark, through the door...
Through where no one's been before...
But it feels like home...

Who knew that there was soo much emotion played with every line. What else can a pianist do when an excellent muse is singing next to you? Play.

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy...
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind...

And with every note reached, every word played, a magical and powerful rhythm of the piano followed.

I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy...
We can live in a world that we design...

The feeling of pressing the keys, it sends eternal bliss, it makes me want to fly...

'Cause every night I lie in bed...
The brightest colors fill my head...
A million dreams are keeping me awake...

I think of what the world could be...
A vision of the one I see...
A million dreams is all it's gonna take...
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make...

As the chorus hit in, everything went in smoothly. Like a river, it flew in naturally. Like the tide, it pulsed in rythm. And it felt right. This continued until the bittersweet ending.

For the world we're gonna make...

And there it is, the song's end. The once bliss of the moment, now a fragment of what has been... a memory... A light one.

"Yup, the piano is better played by you" Sana stated which made Dahyun look at her. "The way you play the piano just shows how much you love the art that you do" she added as she hummed the chorus of the song. Once the silence has remained long enough, she said: "So, why do you play?".

Dahyun was left with her thoughts, she then remembered her grandfather teaching her the first song she ever played. And naturally, like a seedling sprouting from water, she placed her fingers on black and white keys as she closed her eyes. In a trance, she let her fingers guide her as she played.

Swans on the lake - John Thomson

And as the song continued on, the ambiance suddenly changed. Hearts were warmed by the piano's seat as one happily listens and the other peacefully plays. Once again, the image of a lake filled with swans filled the area. And this time, a certain Japanese girl sitting by the lakeside, was there. Smiling as she looked back and gestured for me to go sit beside her, and like a trance, my feet lead me to sit beside the girl as we watch the lake in peace. The song of my heart, the song that leads me back to when everything was still fine. My childhood...

As the song ends, Dahyun slowly opened her eyes and there she was, back at the classroom. But everything was fine, everything was alright.

"Have you found your answer?"

"Yup"

"That's good" Sana said, then asked, "So, why do you play?"

"Because I love the piano. And playing makes me me happy" Dahyun replied.

Dahyun then looked at her open hand, palm facing her and looked at her fingers. After closing her hands to a fist, she placed both of them at her lap and looked at Sana. "Hey, why are you always doing things like these?" she asked. Probably the only question she has asked in a while.

Sana then looked at the pale girl looking at her with a curious and innocent gaze. She smiled at the sight and said, "The same reason why I sing". This statement made Dahyun's eyes focus on her's in expectation. This was the first time Sana saw the girl like this. The usually reserved girl who doesn't like to interact as much as possible, who distances herself from people and stick to only those she can say are her trusted, was looking at her with child-like eyes. This made Sana happy so she cupped her hand on Dahyun's jaw and said, "Cause it's fun".

That reply and the action made Dahyun's eyes widen, she felt her cheeks flush heat as the gaze that stopped her in her tracks. It stayed like that for sometime, till the heard the bell ring cutting them from their trance. After a while, Sana laughed at the situation and stood up to exit. Once she reached the door, she looked back at Dahyun and said "Well, see you soon Dahyunnie!~"

Once the girl has finally left, she looked at the piano once more before leaving taking a mental note to clean and re-tune the instrument.

 

( * )

 

"This is why I always go in early"  Dahyun thought to herself as she sees the locker room filled with girls ready to head to P.E. It's not that she was embarrassed of her body, nor is she not okay with looking at other girl's body. It's just that crowded places were never her thing. And with all the bodies lined up together, it made it difficult for her to adjust to the space. After a defeated sigh, she went to her locker and grabbed set her P.E. clothes before removing her uniform. Once the white polo shirt was below her showing her , she felt a finger tickle her right abdomen which made her squeal, and out of reflex, she put the polo shirt back on and grabbed the hand that tickled her. And with one swift whip of the head, she saw none other than Lisa smiling at her.

Lisa Whistled as she turned to give the pale girl a back hug, and with a grin, she said, "I knew you were cute but I didn't think you had that hidden ynes underneath".

Dahyun's cheeks flushed red, she wasn't used to being in this situation. She hasn't been in this situation before in fact. So now, she was standing there while thinking of ways to get out of the situation. "Uh... Li-Lisa... can you.." she stuttered quietly before being cut by another voice.

"Geez Laliz, can't you see that she isn't comfortable?" Mijoo stated as she went to pull off the hands of the blonde girl off the waist of Dahyun. Once Dahyun felt the pressure of the hug, she let out a heavy air. She was holding her breath for quite sometime and she didn't even notice it.

"But Joo! our little Dahyun here is showing off her body in a very seductive manner! It's impossible to keep my hands to myself" she whispered while pointing at Dahyun who has finally cooled off from the little interaction a little while ago.

Dahyun felt off, due to her grown intuition of not being wanting to be in the center of attention. She developed a sixth sense if there were cameras or lenses--including eyes. She took off her top slowly due to embarrassment and hung her uniform by the locker's hanger and said, "Can you two please stop staring too much? it's embarrassing" as she put on her P.E shirt.

"Moe" the two girls said in unison before laughing it off.

 

( * )

 

The teacher was still discussing about softball, going on about fouls, balls, pitch, and it's difference with baseball and cricket. Either way, it was hitting the ball with a stick, the difference being cricket has a flat bat, softball has a bigger ball and is tossed differently from baseball. It looks like it will be their P.E. exercise today, and she was having a hard time concentrating. She didn't like softball, never really enjoyed the sport so she asked the teacher to sit off today, but to no avail, she had to join for grades. She liked soccer better, enrolled it in fact, but once a month, the schools shift sports so that the students can be open to experience different arts all the while merging every section in that year.

"All right class! We have a big baseball field here. The whole field is reserved for you to use. I want you all to form pairs for stretching and go on your way to play ball". Mr. Kim Heechul stated. In which everyone followed. And this is where Dahyun felt the separation even more. Before, since the class was distributed evenly, she would ahve a partner to stretch with since there would always be one that won't have any, but since today is a special day where in all classes merge together, the 'at least one person has no partner' is not followed. Everyone paired up with their friends, that's a given in this situation. You would want to pair up with friends, most especially if they are in other sections. With a defeated sigh, Dahyun walked back to the shade of the old mango tree, till she felt someone tap her right shoulder. After looking back, she saw a familair face.

"Didn't think I would see you here in this school, customer" the voice said before being followed up with a light hearted laugh. This made Dahyun perplexed and made her think of where, when, and how did she meet or see this girl in front of her. After a moment of thinking to herself, she was cut once again by a forced cough from the other person. "It's Yeri, the girl who made the chocolate parfait for you in our store" she said.

Dahyun then nodded, and said, "Oh, hello..."

After a moment of silence, Yeri shook her head and asked, "Wanna stretch with me?".

This question made Dahyun cautious but nod in agreement. So she followed the girl and they both stretched. It started with individual stretching--neck, shoulders, limbs, waist, and down to the lower extremities--then they proceeded to exercising by pair. It starts with a paired back stretch where in they face back-to-back with their arms tied together. One will be leverage to the one stretching by bending forward. The next exercise includes one person lying down and the other pushing/pulling the leg to complete joint stretching. In between exercises, the two were swapping positions, changing the person who will be stretched. When everything is done, they gave thanks and moved back to which ever group of friends they have/belong to. 

Since Dahyun didn't have any, she continued her venture towards the shade of a tree, the same one she goes to every P.E. sessions that involves free time or group related activities. Her little to no presence in the subject is always appreciated due to the teacher never noticing whenever she disappears or doesn't participate in these activities. Upon reaching th said spot, she heard two voices calling out to her. And as she looked back, she saw both Lisa and Mijoo calling out to her--with the former waving her hand up and the latter smiling at her direction. After a massive stare off, the former went on her way to drag the pale girl towards the group. 

"So, Dahyun, buddy, need a crew for the softball game?" Lisa said after locking the girl beside her by putting her arm around the pale girl's shoulder.

"Not really..." Dahyun muttered.

"Oh come on! It will be fun~" Lisa said as she pulled Dahyun closer to her body while looking down at her.

"But... I dislike the ba..." it was all Dahyun can say before being cut my Mijoo. A fact worthy of blackmail making her unable to refuse."You have no way around it actually, it's either you do, or I'm telling the teacher"

After a long pause, Dahyun sighed and finally agreed to join the team. It was a weird twist to things, the team consists of 10 players. That's Lisa, Mijoo, Jiae, Kei, Yerin, SinB, Sowon, Chungha, Yeonwoo, and Dahyun as the 10th. The rules are simple, hit the ball, run to the goal. 4 balls = walk ; 3 strikes = out. Hit the ball as batter = run to a base. Ball flies out of fence = home run. Pitcher tosses the ball towards the catcher. Different kinds of terms and rules, but these are the basics.

Everything went around on Dahyun's head as she went over the rules about 20 times over. It wasn't until Lisa clapped her hands that she snapped out of her thoughts. Once she checked her surroundings, the said girl called everyone to a group huddle.

"So team, this is our league. First half, we do pitching, Joo will be main pitcher since she's as strong as a gorilla, while I'll be the catch..." Lisa stated before she was cut by a strong hit.

*bang*

"OUCH! GEEZ JOO! I'M LUCKY I HAVE THIS HELMET! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?" Lisa screamed out as she fixed the headgear in place.

"Sorry, it slipped"

"Slipped?! You're telling me that a massive softball slipping off your hand is the reason why this 'thing' went full speed flying on my head?!" Lisa stated while pointing at the softball on the floor that went flying on her head.

"Yeah, must be my 'gorilla strength'" Mijoo stated, cross armed while having a menacing look on her face. After getting the look, Lisa gulped and laughed under a shaky breath. After a little while, she called everyone out again and continued where she left off.

"Well, continuing on my words from the previous event, Joo will be the pitcher and I will be the catcher" She said before putting on the specific gear for it. After she has settled down, she said, "Jiae, Kei, flank left" while pointing at the left side of the field. "Sowon, Yeonwoo, flank right" she added, this time pointing the right side of the field, SinB, Chungha, I need you at back" she ended pointing at the back. She then looked at Dahyun and tapped her shoulder. "You will be bench warming, be our EP". This made the pale girl look at her in question, asking for a better explanation than giving her a role she was not sure of. "EP just literally means Extra Player, plus you said so yourself, you are not a big fan of catching the ball" Lisa stated.

Dahyun smiled. "She was actually just looking out for me... that's sweet". Dahyun thought to herself. This thought was cut short though, when she heard the continuation, she felt like as if she was in danger once again.

"That, and I will be using you later in game" Lisa stated with a smug grin.

 

( * )

 

The first half of the game went by in a flash, everything unfolded with both teams unbelievably close in score. It started out weak with Nayun as their starting batter, but it changed when Taeha got a good swing. This proved to be a problem against their team seeing that since Taeha made an excellent hit, the opposing team suddenly gained momentum. Most especially when Yeri landed a good hit, scoring 2 runners to reach home base. The game ended with a score of 6.

After the game, they were given a 10 minute break. Yeri and Lisa were showing good sportsmanship, with a side of competitiveness. They were constantly fighting over who will be the better battter, and who will score a good amount of points. After a moment of bantering, they parted ways and joined their corresponding teams.

It was finally their time to go play ball as the batter's side, and the team was hyped (except Dahyun). Everyone was ready to swing the ball flying. The plan was simple, hit the ball, run to the next base, don't lose to Yeri's team, and have fun. These were the rules given by Lisa during the huddle.

"Finally, we will beat the out of Yeri's team and make them eat dirt!" Lisa stated, as she pumped her fists in the air, earning both cheers and sighs from the team.

"Why do you want to beat her anyway?" Chungha asked.

"Our shops both rival each other, so it's a given that I will want to win against Yeri" Lisa replied, and after a short pause, she said "Plus, it is fun!~". After everyone has settled and drank water, the girl continued where she left off "But you know what? The best thing about being in the batter side, is sliding!~".

"Sliding? I thought you said that the best part in softball is to hit a home run and break a glass or something" Mijoo added stretching her limbs in the process.

"It's more like a goal, but imagine the fun of hitting that home run and just run towards home base without any worries, then slide to finish, Ahhh the dream" Lisa happily stated.

"Don't people slide to like, I dunno... dodge the catcher's hand trying to prevent you reaching home base?" Yerin asked while fixing her long socks and shoes, making sure everything is both tight and comfortable to wear.

"I know, but it looks so fun!~" Lisa stated. She then rushed to the pale girl reciting the rules and regulations of the game in her head and said, "So, let's have fun~".

 

( * )

 

Game time, It starts with Lisa being the initial batter with Yeri as pitcher. The two were looking at each other with a menacing glare. Everything starts with this one pitch, and one swing. The atmosphere was a bit heavy, and it was yeri who broke the silence. "Hey Lisa, ready to face defeat by my hands?" she said with a sly grin on her face. This made Lisa breathe out a semi-annoyed sigh. "Hah?! Are you saying something? I can't hear you from up here in the winners circle" Lisa retaliated. "Weird, cause I am already there but I still see you struggling your way up here" Yeri replied. "Pssh, we have a secret weapon, so prepare to be amazed~" Lisa stated. "Let's see about that" Yeri ended before readying herself to throw the ball.

And there it is, the teacher's whistle. It was the go signal to finish up with preparations. The blonde haired girl readied herself, holding the bat while squatting down low enough to reach the area of the strike zone. After a few waves of the bat to feel the it's weight, she winced her eyes focused on the ball and where ever it may lay.

The pitcher then nodded as a sign, showing both the batter and the catcher that she was ready to throw. Yeri then reached her ball hand back and gave it a good toss by slinging it forward with all the force she can muster. As the ball went flying, Lisa watched as the ball flew towards her strike zone, but before she can react, it already went pass.

 

*BALL 1*

 

Lisa's mouth was agape as she watched Yeri celebrated with her team mates, giving them a high five each. "How can I let one pass out of nowhere" she said in gritted teeth.

"What's wrong Lisa? too fast for yah? did it fly past in a BLINK of an eye?" Yeri taunted, never forgetting to show her wide mouthed grin.

"As if" Lisa replied before going back to position.

This made the pitcher even more intrigued so she challenged the blonde batter. "Okay, can you handle another one of my tosses on your way?" she said as she too readied to throw waiting for the whistle. Once the whistle blew, she readied to throw once more. She moved her body back and used that as momentum to sling her hand back then forward for her second toss. As the ball went flying, Lisa waited for it to land her strike zone once again, and when it did, she gave it a good swing. But to no avail, she missed.

*Strike 1*

It was  a feint, the rotation of the ball made it so that the ball will fall down at a certain distance. The blonde looked back in surprise, "what a weird toss" she thought to herself before looking back at Yeri, who was once again, celebrating with her teammates. Now, this made Lisa click her tongue in frustration. She then held on the bat tighter and went back into position, and said, "You done? We got a  ball to play".

"Feisty are we? Ready to face defeat already?"

"Just toss the ball already!" Lisa said, this time her face was 100% serious. This made both Yerin and Mijoo look at her in a different way. Lisa was competitive, but playful. This feels like a whole new kind of Lisa, a Lisa with a frustrated and hurt pride.

Yeri watched as the blonde girl showed her frustrations. It made her a bit nervous, thinking, "did I go too far?". But she shook her head instead telling herself that "It is just a game". So, as she readies herself into a throw, positioning her body to the right angle--making sure that her dominant foot had all the pressure, standing her ground--she leaned back her body, reached her throwing arm back, took a deep breath, and lunged forward as she threw the ball.

It went flying straight to Lisa's strike zone. All concentration in one ball, all power and frustrations put in one swing.

"please connect"

 

*THUNK!*

 

The ball went flying back, a good 63 feet distance fly towards the south west barrier. This hyped up her teammates a lot, giving the blonde girl cheers and praises on the side. With a smile, Lisa ran towards the first base as she scans her surroundings. The ball had finally been picked up and was tossed straight to Kyulkyung who was in between third base and second base. There was little to no time for her to run to second base, and it was the risk of getting tagged by the ball. She then stood her ground and puffed out a heavy sigh.

"Nice try squirtle!" Lisa taunted while scratching the base of her nose (The one where a person slides his/her index finger back and forth below it).

"Pfft, lucky hit" Yeri replied. Her expressions were back to normal and this made Yeri glad that everything was fine.

The game continued with some rceiving a strike, some completing their runs, and some getting tagged out. The scores were 6-4 with two batters left. Mijoo was there in third base, Yeonwoo was in 1st, and Jiae was the batter. All it takes now are 3 good runs for the win.

As the pitcher positioned herself to throw the ball towards teh batter's srike zone, Jiae readied herself to hit the ball that was being tossed. It was a quick moment, but after the ball went flying to her, she panicked and made made it go directly to a foul zone on her supposedly 3rd strike. She watched in dismay as the ball slowly flew at the back line and was easily caught by Taeha, who tossed it back to the catcher in home base.

 

*Safe!*

 

It happened too fast, Mijoo ran towards Home base during the foul ball, making it into a sacrifice fly.

"Is that even legal?" Chungha asked in wondering curiosity, only to be replied by Dahyun who was still reciting the rules and regulations, and the game's basics on her head. "Sacrifice fly, it is a term where in as the batter lands a hit straight to the foul zone, a runner on the third base runs fast enough to reach home without getting tagged by the ball. It's called a sacrifice fly, cause the batter loses his/her chance of running to first base and beyond for the runner in third base to score a point". This made Chungha nod in awe on both the fact that her teammate landed a sacrifice fly, and how knowledgeable the pale girl was.

"Good job Jiae, thanks for making me a path" Mijoo stated, making the surprised girl happy.

"No, thank you for making my turn to something of value" Jiae replied.

It was fair game until now. Lisa asked Dahyun to be the last batter, and it was her turn to show the world how bad she was in game. Chungha and the others have high expectations given the fact that she knows a lot about the rules and technical terms of the game. It made them think that she was good in the game, or she used to play it a lot. In reality, she had zero experience and all her knowledge was in a book base degree. On the spot of the batter area, she was nervous. She saw how fast the tosses of Yeri was and that didn't at any way make it easier for her.

"You alright there buddy?" Yeri asked in a shout.

"Honestly, no..." Dahyun replied.

"Oh? Well, doesn't really matter since I ain't going easy on ya~" Yeri stated as she readied herself to toss the ball.

"Please do though" Dahyun voiced out earning a heart felt laughter from the pitcher.

Preparation is key. Dahyun held the bat with her non-dominant hand and pointed it at her dominant foot. Her right hand then went over her left and she started to squat while holding the bat up. She's ready.

"So, Laliz, why is Dahyun your secret weapon?" Mijoo asked after popping open a water bottle open for her to drink.

"Oh, cause Yeri is a er for cute things. And since our little Dahyun there is cute, she won't have the guts to play it hard"

"I see, so you're using Dahyun as her weakness just so that you can win the game" Mijoo stated as she sat down beside Lisa on the bench.

"You're really smart Joo, I will use all the tactics I can to win against my enemies... including-"

 

*Ball 1*

 

"What the... her throws are faster than before" Dahyun thought to herself while looking at the ball thrown at her strike zone.

"what's the matter Dahyun? Can't catch up?"

Dahyun shook her head as she readied herself for another toss.

 

*Ball 2*

 

Smoke, she swore to herself that she saw smoke.

"Aww, you're shivering. Cute~" Yeri stated before her lips.

"What's with this monster? Get me away from here!" Dahyun thought to herself, she felt like prey under the wrath of

"Dahyun~" Yeri taunted receiving a yelp from the batter which sent shivers down her spine.

"Hit the ball, try to hit the ball instead" Dahyun thought to herself as she readies herself for a swing.

 

*Strike 1*

 

It was too late, the swing was aimed right but she was too slow. She felt beads of sweat drip down on her chin. She hasn't felt this scared in a long time.

"Ummm, Laliz... What the heck is this about?" Mijoo asked with a hint of worry on her voice. She then looked at the blonde girl in a worried expression.

"Don't look at me, I never knew she had a sadistic complex for cute people" Lisa replied. This made Mijoo click her tongue and sigh.

 

*Strike 2*

 

"2 Balls and 2 strikes... If I get either, this is game..." This was the moment. Pressure digs in her skin. This last hit will either give them a win or a lose, and she can't put it in herself to be the reason why they lost. She can't... 

"What are you gonna do now Dahyun?" Yeri asked snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

 

*Ding dong*

 

"Saved by the bell..."

"Okay class, times'a tickin. Summarize this game so you I can dismiss you all" The teacher stated after checking his watch.

"Wait, so I'm not saved by the bell?!" Dahyun thought to herself. panic slowly rose once more.

"Dahyun, get ready~" Yeri happily stated while playing with the ball on her hand, throwing it up in the air and catching it.

"Let's just finish this, hit or not... I didn't even want to play anyway..."

"Go Dahyun! You can do it~ I believe!" Lisa shouted words of encouragement before raising up a thumb on her way.

"Yeah, we all do" Chungha added at the back.

"Well, I don't..."

"Is that? HEEEEEY!!!!!!! DAHYUN-AH! GO HIT THAT BALL GOOD!~" A cheery voice called out from a distance.

"what?" Dahyun thought to herself and looked back at the second floor of the east wing. It was none other than Sana cheering her on from the hall way. She totally forgot about the fact that class ended. This brought her even more pressure, a ot of people are now potentially watching her fail or succeed. Or not, this could jsut be random thoughts on the back of her head.

"Ohh wow, it is Dahyun. Fighting!~ Mitang! Look it's Dahyun!" Momo said before dragging the youngest member to show the batter.

"Oh yeah, it is. Fighitng~" Mina cheered while pumping her fist on the air.

"Is that the J trinity? Cheering for the batter?" A group of people asked from a distance. The appearance of the girls made a ruckus by the field. There were questions like, "Are they friends?", and, "Maaan, I'm so Jealous", surrounding the place.

"Now this? No..."

"She's shrinking, what should we do?" Jiae asked in the back. It was obvious, the pale girl was worried.

"Hey Dahyun, just play, Hit or miss (A/N: I bet she never miss) it's fine, just have fun" Mijoo said with a smile and a hand raise.

"Right, it's all about having fun" Dahyun thought to herself, giving her the peace she needed. The first thing she remembered was the event this morning. A reason to play. It could be for anything really, it's not limited to piano. After a relieved sigh, she looked at the girl who encouraged her and gave a bright smile "Thanks Mijoo".

That smile is all it took to tell the girl that she was alright, that she did well. A little something about it warms up the hearts of others, and the fact that I was the reason for that smile, I'm happy. "You're welcome"

Dahyun took a deep breath. She took her position, and looked straight at the pitchers position. After squatting and raising the bat up high, signalling that she is ready for action. Yeri then smiled, seeing the pale girl's drive to hit the ball motivated her to play even more seriously. As a reply to the girl's vigor, she reached back with her ball hand, and threw the ball with all her might towards the girl's strike zone.

"It's faster than before!" Lisa said in disbelief.

"Be careful Dahyun" Chungha said.

Faster is right, but... she can see the ball and it's motion towards her strike zone clearer now. It's probably cause she used to defend herself from flying objects like a carton of milk that it's easy for her to see where it would fly. And with all her might, she swung the bat and hit the ball. She watched it as it flew out of the fields grounds. That swing is her letting go of her problems and insecurities, and hopefully her problematic past. And with a home run, she smiled and ran towards first base.

Yeri could only watch as the girl happily ran towards each base. She too was smiling as she watched the girl happily run from one base to the next. Yeonwoo on the other hand, had finish her run scoring them a point, as the teacher counts it up.

In the midst of her running, Lisa happily shouted, "Dahyun! Do it, the slide!"

This troubled Dahyun a bit, there was no need to slide in her run, but she was being called to slide by her 'team captain'. "But... there's no need to slide... and won't it hurt?"

"You are wearing jogging pants Hyun. It's fine~" Lisa happily stated.

"But..."

"GO FOR IT!~" The blonde haired-girl continued.

And just like that, peer pressure made her do it. It's just a slide right? nothing bad. So in the middle of her run towards home, she readied herself for the slide, but something went wrong as soon as she lowered her body to the floor, due to friction and bad momentum. Instead of going all the way to home base, her slide stopped about 3 feet from the plate which made people both laugh and awe in cuteness.

Dahyun felt her face heat up, and she was sure it was not the summer heat. Out of habit, she covered her face with her hair.

"Nice slide cutie~" Yeri said with glee as she watched the embarrassed girl.

"Great, another trauma"

 

[tbc]

 

A/N:

 

Ok, a few things to say sorry for, so let me start here.

Sorry if it took long. I was only using the laptop for less than 30 mins, my brother's laptop is the only one working here and he's a programmer. Ergo, he had to use it more.

Second is for the false update, while editing stuff out, I accidentally saved this without the draft. I guess you can say that I caused some commotion? probably, I dunno.

Okay, now for the real thing. 6.6+k words for this, wow. Could have separated it into two and did separate updates, but whatever. Hopefully, this compensates for the long update. I had a weird time writing this, weird cause imagine this having an extra 2k+n words that I did not like.  A few sentences lool. But whatevs, it's done. I don't know about the next update, but it will come soon. Take care of yourselves guys, and once again, thank you for reading.