Parfait and moonlight

My secret: The promise I made that day

The day has ended for the group of friends and everyone decided to go home due to fatigue. This was especially true for the pale girl, as she felt tired from all the events that had recently happened. Dahyun sighed as she walked the same steps that lead her back home. It was a rather long walk, but in the end, it was all worth it. Most especially since an all too familiar unnie was walking all the way ahead of her―constantly opening to say something.

"And Mina told me-" Sana said, before stopping at a brand new opened store.

Dahyun watched as the girl shifted her mood from a high school student telling tales of recent events, to a little girl who got excited from finding a candy shop. And that is what it is―technically―a sweets shop.

"Dahyunnie! Look an ice-cream parlor!" Sana said, literally squeaking from excitement, while pointing at the ice cream store at the other side of the street. It was a light colored fruity kind of design. It had a mix of tropical and citrus. A different kind of blend with creativity literally screaming out. "We should check it out!~" Sana said, and before Dahyun can say anything to protest, she was dragged inside by the energetic girl.

"Hello dear customers!~ Table for two?" A waitress asked the two girls, which was soon replied with a quick nod from Sana. "Alright then ma'am, please occupy any of the free seats".

Sana scanned around the ice cream parlor and saw a good round table with a soft couch like setting. It looked the most comfortable spot to her, and she was right. It is the most comfortable spot―for her that is. 

Sana was leaning on Dahyun while checking her twicetagram on the phone. This made Dahyun a little uncomfortable and soon asked if the Japanese girl can move a little bit away. But was later on dismissed until the waitress went to their table to serve some water.

"Hello, my name is Irene, and I will be your waitress for today, is this your first time eating here?" the girl said and reached out to give a cardboard menu.

"Fancy" Dahyun thought to herself and looked at the menu and was surprised to see that the menu was bizarre. There were countless of flavors in there, and majority didn't sound as pleasing.

"We have the most exquisite flavors here in the whole Evimero" the waitress said and giggled lightly.

"What kind of flavor is kimchi rice?" Sana said and burst out in laughter afterwards.

"You're laughing too loud unnie" Dahyun hushed the older girl and went back to looking at the menu. Upon seeing the triple chocolate parfait on the menu, Dahyun's eyes shined. She then pointed at the picture of the parfait and looked back at Irene. "Can I get one of these please?" Dahyun said and looked up with strong want in her eyes.

Irene and Sana watched the girl's expression. "Cute" the two thought to themselves as they watch the girl's actions.

"Why yes miss" Irene said and recorded the order. "And you miss?" she asked pointing at the Japanese.

"Cream cheese Matcha for me~" Sana replied.

"Ok, anything else ma'am's?" Irene asked. Once the two girl's signaled her a no, she said, "For parfaits and deserts, the sweets will be sent to your table, and as for ice cream cones and popsicle sticks, kindly order it from the counter. Wendy, the receptionist will handle all of your requests from there" she ended and left.

Once the order was taken, the girl went back to leaning on Dahyun's shoulder and browse through social media.

"Unnie..." Dahyun stated, but was ignored by the girl.

"Sana-unnie..." she tried again after sighing.

"Yes Dahyun-ah?"

"You're heavy..."

"You do not call a girl heavy Dahyun, that's bad manners~"

"I see... Can you please stop leaning on me then?" Dahyun whined, but to no avail, Sana didn't stop. Dahyun was about ready to push the girl away, but was stopped when she saw a different waiter serving a set of glimmering red ice cream. In fact, she was too engrossed with the ice cream that she didn't notice the Japanese girl stare at her side profile closely. Although, due to reflex that she developed from years of being bullied, she could sense when there is someone looking at her from miles away―may it be a camera or a random gaze by a curious person. In this case though, a Japanese beauty doing whatever it is that she's doing.

Until now, it's still a wonder to Dahyun with whatever thing that comes through the girl's head. After being caught staring, the Japanese girl giggled and carefully played with the pale girl's nose. And it was comforting.

Dahyun looked at the hand that was placed on her nose carefully. After a while, she then looked back at the Japanese girl, who was smiling back at her. The brief moment of intimacy really made Dahyun stop in her tracks. After a while, Sana moved back and smiled a satisfied grin. The sudden affection moved Dahyun in a weird way. She then shook the thought off and sat back.

"Here are your ice cream ma'am's" Irene said and placed the triple chocolate parfait in front of Dahyun with a desert spoon wrapped in tissue. She did the same to Sana with her Cream cheese matcha ice cream. "Enjoy your deserts" she ended and moved back to her original post.

"Itadakimasu!~" Sana said after clapping twice, then rushed to eat the creamy delightful desert. After biting, her eyes grew wide and she covered with a tissue. "Oh my, this is surprisingly good" she said and wiped her lips. 

Dahyun was also curious about the taste. The Japanese girl eating the ice cream made her fidgety, something she hasn't felt in a while. She made it look like you are missing out a lot if you don't get a taste. 

Sana caught Dahyun staring at her eating and asked if she wanted some. Dahyun shook her head as if to say no thank you.

She was just about ready to indulge to some triple chocolate ice cream, but was stopped when she saw Sana reaching out a spoonful of cream matcha close to Dahyun's mouth.

Dahyun wad dumbfounded. She didn't know how to react, so instead, she reached out for the spoon so she can feed herself. Sana had other plans though, and the moment Sana saw Dahyun reach out for the spoon, she whined and moved the spoon away from Dahyun's hand. Dahyun was about to ignore the girl, but whenever she does, Sana would start pouting and make random noises. This lasted for awhile, and so Dahyun decided that it was best to go with whatever the girl was planning.

After a defeated sigh, Dahyun opened and took a bite of the ice cream. A different taste that lingered on . The sweet taste of matcha, milk and saltiness of the cream cheese was surprisingly delicious. It left a different taste on her palate and it definitely left a good impression. After happily tasting the ice cream, she swallowed the contents in  then her lips for any stray ice cream on her lips. "It's delicious, thank you Un... Sana-unnie" she said in pure bliss.

Sana bobbed her head in delight. Watching the pale girl enjoying herself and smiling brings warmth to her tired heart. "You're welcome" she said and continued on with her ice cream.

After wiping her lips with tissue and indulging on Sana's ice cream, Dahyun took a bite of her parfait and practically hummed in delight. Something she does when she enjoys something of a treat, and something she unconsciously does most especially with people she's comfortable with. "Comfortable with... Since when was I comfortable around this girl?" Dahyun thought to herself, but she slowly brushed off the idea.

"Aww~ Is the parfait that good?" Sana asked, her smile and curious look made it hard for Dahyun to ignore her.

"Ye... yes" she mumbled softly. Dahyun didn't know what to say, she was caught red handed doing something embarrassing by the last person she would want to show. Now that she gave their relationship a deeper thought, it bewildered her at how fast the girl is entering into her life―she literally broke through the thick wall Dahyun built up in ages and made shelter inside her almost hollow heart. 

It didn't take long for Sana to close her eyes and open . "Ahhhhh!~" Sana voiced out as she brought closer to Dahyun's hand that was holding the spoon.

"Y-you want me to f-feed you S-Sana unnie?" Dahyun stuttered, and Sana replied with a nod.

Dahyun gulped, she hasn't fed anyone in a long time, and that was when Chaeyoung was still small―Still is but yeah!

Dahyun mustered up whatever strength she can muster and grabbed the spoon, then scooped a spoonful of parfait. After which, she brought it closer to Sana's lips. She was waiting for Sana to come closer and take a bite, but it didn't happen. She knew from that moment that she had to bring it to the girl's mouth herself―something she deemed tiring.

Dahyun felt a lump form on and her heart beat faster the closer the spoon is to the girl's glossy lips. She swallowed the formed lump and as the spoon reached relatively closer to it's destination, her mind was screaming, "Abort mission! Abort mission!". This was the only voice she can hear as the spoon closes distance over the Japanese girl's mouth. Once the spoon was only breath's length away from the girl's mouth, she pulled it back quickly and ate the spoonful of parfait as a quick panic button.

"Aww! What! Nomuhe!" The all too expectant Sana whined. The Japanese girl was obviously displeased with the action, but Dahyun didn't know what to do, she felt too embarrassed to care. It was when Sana continued bickering around and complaining nonstop, that Dahyun finally gave in.

"Dahyun-ah, Nomuhe! I fed you and everything, and you do this to me in return? Is that what your parents teach you? To not show any remorse to you people who give to you?"

Dahyun watched as the girl complained about her actions, and it was attracting unwanted/unneeded attention. She sighed and took note never to do that act with the said girl. She then took another spoonfull of parfait and said, "Okay, I get it. I'm sorry... just please stop your whining please? here I will feed it to you this time for sure"

"Yaaay!~ You better~" Sana stated in triumph. She then leaned closer with open, ready to be fed by the pale girl. 

Once Dahyun scooped up another spoonful of parfait, she readied herself to let Sana have a share. Once she brought the spoonful of parfait up, she looked back at Sana who was waiting for the parfait to enter . "Why does Sana unnie have to make this too embarrassing..." she thought to herself as she mustered up the strength to feed the expectant girl. 

Once the spoon reached the girl's tongue, Sana took a bite of the treat and moved away after getting every bit of the ice cream on the spoon. She then sat up straight and held her cheek with her open palm as she was indulging on the sweet treat. A hum of glee escaped and after the ice cream slid down , she her lips in delight.

Dahyun watched this small act, it was very enticing to her. Something about how cute the delighted face of the Japanese girl is. It was heart warming to say the least. The events that come after is just about the two girls with their usual bickering, and random topics they felt like tackling every now and then. It was a calming and peaceful time for Dahyun, and she was slowly letting go of her trauma, thinking, "Maybe the human race isn't as bad as it may seem... sure imperfect, but maybe... just maybe... it's worth a second chance... maybe" 
(Ice cream house wonder short story unlocked)

 

( * )

 

After enjoying the ice cream break and saying goodbye to their newfound acquaintances, the two girls left on their way back to their own homes. On the way back, right at the intersection that separates the road leading to their houses, Sana stopped midway. This act was not left unnoticed by Dahyun, who was trailing the Japanese girl at least 5 steps back. She then followed suit and looked at the Japanese girl that was leading her, who then turned around to face her.

"Hey, Dahyun ah" Sana said in a calm manner, yet there was a hint of sorrow in her voice.

"Yes, Sana-unnie?" Dahyun asked, while fixing the frames of her glasses on the bridge of her nose that was threatening to fall off from the stop.

"Mind accompanying me a bit more?" 

"Where to?"

"Just someplace I want to show you, if you're not busy at least"

"Umm, okay?" Dahyun stated, while thinking, "It's not like I have anyone waiting for me at home anyways".

"Awesome~" Sana said and went up the road that lead to her house. Dahyun followed her making sure to keep the 5 step distance that separated the two girls. After a little bit of walking,  there was a separation between the street, not too far away from where they left off. One was a mountain step, the other was a road that continues farther off. Sana then went off road to the forest side of the area leading to a walk way surrounded by tall bamboo trees.

"Over here" Sana said, signalling the girl to follow her by beckoning her hand towards the stone path. Dahyun scanned the place, it looked isolated, but there were lamps that lit the path. The mere fact that there was a small number of people walking by the area made it look less intimidating, and the darkened sky that contrasted the lit lamps made it clear that it was a safe place―seeing as there is someone maintaining the whole area.

A little further in, there was another path leading up the mountain side, this time, it was not lit well, and the stone path became a dirt road. It was a path that was connected to the main road, but was seemingly invisible due to the dirt track looking like the normal mountain terrain.

The two entered the terrain―with Sana leading the way―and made their way to the end of the trail, and it was beautiful. An open field with two old benches  showing the city of Evimero and it's night lights. An old partially rusted railing to prevent people from accidentally falling off the cliff surrounded the whole edge of the open air field. Dahyun watched the city lights as it shown in vast amounts of different colors, brightening up the horizon of dark building. The sky was already tainted navy blue with stars shining bright up above, showing constellations like Aquarius and Pegasus, which signifies that October has finally hit the season (at least, that's what onii-san told me). But the best part of it all is the full moon that shines bright up above the night sky, emitting a calming luminance. Basically, everything was eye catching and breath taking. The calming whistles of the night's breeze made it even better for the girl.

Sana then made her way to one of the benches and watched the night sky above the brilliant city lights. Her eyes was fixated on the view as if she was memorizing every detail of it. This moment was especially memorable to Dahyun, the night sky that her brother loved and the peaceful silence of the night, complimented by the soft radiating moonlight. A true spectacle of lights in a dark background.

"You know, something about the moon..." Sana spoke, never leaving her gaze on the night sky. "It's probably my most favorite thing in this world" she said smiling, before reaching out to the moon. "It looks like you can reach out your hand and grab it, but like, we all know that no matter how far we stretch our hand, we can't reach it" she added, before clenching her fist, then making it rest on the bench.

Both girls stare at the view before them once again. The silence that was built up between the two was calming and comforting with nothing but the sound of crickets chirping their ballads on the background.

"Looking at the moon makes me want to make a Haiku!~" Sana declared, then stood up, and stretched. She then paced herself closer to the rails, and with both hands, gripped it.

 

"From sunset to dusk...

City lights and stars above...

The moon shines brightest"

 

Sana ended, then leaned her body over the railing.

"Wow, did you practice for that? Get it somewhere? Or did you come up with it on the spot?" Dahyun genuinely asked.

"On the spot" Sana said, before giggling softly. "After seeing it, I guess it just wanted to come out" she added, while looking at the night sky. "Probably a spur of the moment thing? I dunno" she continued, while coming up with a solution or thinking of a way to say it that will make it easier for the Korean to understand. "You're a pianist right? I'm sure you would get what I mean. You know? that feeling when you feel like playing a piano the moment you see one in front of you, that kind of feeling" she ended.

Dahyun nodded in agreement. She then looked at the moon and enjoyed the luminance it gave.

"Hey, Dahyun-ah, you're like the moon" Sana stated.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know how the moon has many phases?"

"Yeah? Let's see, there's the New Moon, the First Quarter, the Last Quarter, the Waning Gibbous, the Waning Crescent, the Waxing Gibbous, and the Waxing Crescent, right?" Dahyun stated, raising a finger up with every phase that's been dictated.

Sana laughed at the small act, she thought that it was adorable seeing Dahyun acting that way. She then shook her head and said, "Yes, but no, you see, like the moon, there are times where you act all timid and shy around me. There are times that you tend to not show yourself at all, but there are times too where in you shine the brightest".

"Then doesn't that make everyone like the moon then?" Dahyun challenged

"I guess~" Sana stated. She then stood up straight and stretched once more.

"Then what you said doesn't count" Dahyun said in a triumphant voice. Her two hands crossed over her chest and a victorious grin was etched on her face.

Sana watched the way the girl acted, it was refreshing. She then wanted to retaliate by thinking of a comeback. Once she thought of one, she smiled and said, "Yeah? But you know what others don't have that makes you different from the others? The fact that really makes you like the moon?"

"No, what is it?" Dahyun asked, her grin disappearing from her face.

"You're as white as the moon~" Sana teased and went closer to Dahyun.

"Huh?"

Once Sana was close enough, she leaned forward towards Dahyun, and said, "And you're cute and adorable too"

Dahyun felt her cheeks burn. She knew for a fact that she was blushing hard. It was written all over Sana's face, she was too happy  So she covered her face with her hair and said, "Sana unnie! You're embarrassing me!"

"Aww, did I make you go 'shy shy shy'~ Dahyun chan?" she said while curling her fist like that of a cat's, and bobbing them up and down (Her signature cheer up dance step).

Dahyun watched the Japanese girl do her thing, it was an interesting way of setting up the mood. Once everything was over, they both laughed it off. After a series of events and the tiring journey they had the whole day, this moment was the best thing she could have asked for.

A few more moments of peaceful silence have passed and they decided that it was time to hit the road and get back home. As courtesy, Sana accompanied Dahyun back to where the intersection that separates the two girls way back to their houses was. Before separating, they said their goodbyes.

"Bye Dahyun-ah~ See you tomorrow!~"

Dahyun bowed in respect as a reply. She then faced the direction of her house and started to walk, but she stopped herself and turned around, and said, "Oh, before we separate, thanks for bringing me up there"

Sana smiled, she felt happy knowing that the girl enjoyed her company and that it was not a one-sided thing. She then shook her head and said, "It was nothing"

"Can I come with you there again soon?" Dahyun asked.

Sana nodded, her smile never leaving her face. She then said, "Of course!~". They then bid their goodbyes and went on their way back home.

 

( * )

 

Once Dahyun reached home, she unlocked the front door, made her way on their doorstep, opened the light switch, then stepped in and said, "I'm home". Once the lights was open, it was the same empty house she left it earlier this morning. She then placed her bag by her piano and held it's fall board. She then remembered what Sana told her, "You're a pianist right? I'm sure you would get what I mean. You know? that feeling when you feel like playing a piano the moment you see one in front of you, that kind of feeling". It replayed on her head as she held on the piano. A lot has had happened, and she felt like ending it with playing the piano is the best way to end it all. Once she opened the fall board, which revealed the black and white keys that was ever so elegantly taken cared of by Dahyun. She then remembered the view of the night sky and the dark silhouette of the sight. The stars that lit up the night sky, and city lights that lit up the darkness laid before the earth that we know of.  And of course, the moon that shined the brightest amongst all.

Dahyun smiled and played the piano.

[tbc]

 

------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys!~ Yeah, I did the Halloween one first. I felt the need to ;w; even if it was a bit late lol

First of all, YUUUS! Twice finally came back to my favorite variety show in korea <3 (Knowing brothers, and it was amazing!~)

New album also got me good <3 actually inspired me to finish ahahha!~ Yes or yes? sorry for the long wait! Hoping to see more SaiDa soon -w-

Second, In order to make the shorts of this series a little more famous, I shall be posting the secret episodes there -w- I will edit the previous chapters to have unlocks to ;) But I'm pretty sure that since you guys love this series soo much, that you all have went and checked it and all right? :P

Also, I'm sure a lot of you will be asking, why does Sana know Dahyun's house? and shiz, well. To answer that question.

October 31 is Halloween, school start is somewhere in august. I think, that's alot of time intervals in between time. I mean yes I will do time skips and all, but the parts that go on are usually just days or weeks away, until further notice. SO yeah -w- if you haven't read the Halloween update, I suggest you do in the My Secret: Shorts (The Promise  made that day) page!~ (Same with all the unlocks).