Chapter 2

My secret: The promise I made that day

New Faces

 

 

Beep Beep Beep...

Beep Beep Beep...

Beep Beep Be...

SMACK!

"Hnngh~" The sharp eyed girl stretched before sitting up right. She checked the alarm clock beside her bed, and it says 5:10 AM. It was her usual get up, waking up when the sky was still dark. Dahyun loved the morning breeze, and it felt just right waking up from a hearty rest. There was something about the dark sky, that intrigued her―It's probably cause the pitch was at least a dark shade of blue to black, and not gray. She then sat at the side of the bed and checked her phone.

Dad

"Hey Dahyun, I'm sorry if I didn't go home last night. I was invited to do a talk in Burlap Soule, an offer that I couldn't resist. So I accepted the offer, I will be back soon though."

"P.S. Don't forget to eat your breakfast!"

She sighed, and smiled softly at the message. Dahyun then started composing a message back to her father.

"I wanted to eat breakfast with you though... I miss you Dad"

Dahyun was about to hit send, when she shook her head and deleted everything.

"Take care! Have a blessed day!~" 

Dahyun pressed the send button and put the phone back down. She then got up, and readied herself to start the day.

She went down stairs, and prepared a small meal of bacon and eggs for two. She placed one meal on the table for herself, and the other was cling wrapped, ready to be placed in the refrigerator. She wrote a small note with the words 'Eat well -Dahyun" then she went to dig in on her share.

After eating, she thanked God for the meal before her.She then fixed the table, and set everything up. Once she was done cleaning and fixing up the kitchen and dining table, she went upstairs to prepare for school. It took her about 15 minutes, before she was done with everything. She then left, never forgetting to say goodbye to the portrait of her mother and locking up the doors.

 

( * )

 

Dahyun took a step inside the school gate. Something about school ruins her mood for some reason. For some reason, school feels like the moment on stage, where she looks at people before she starts performing. People looking at her with nothingness, emptiness. Like she feels that she is going to be judged the moment she makes one mistake ―even if people are just spending time with their circle of friends not caring about the surroundings. Dahyun brushed away the melancholic thought. She didn't need any more negativity, most especially negativity that comes from her wild thoughts.

She continued to walk in the same path of her daily school life. 'Entrance -> Outer court -> Mid section -> Destination' she smiled softly at the silly thought. "What's up with destination?" she then shook her head 'and tried again. Entrance -> Outer court -> Mid section -> Music Room'. She nodded in agreement.

After a while of walking, she saw two of her close friends in school. Her childhood friend Chaeyoung and the person who helped her in a time of breakdown, Jihyo. Chaeyoung saw the Dahyun approached, and waved at girl ―signaling her to come closer. Jihyo was watching with a smile. 

"Hi unnie~" Chaeyoung said, before hugging Dahyun tightly earning a soft hum from the girl.

"Geez Chae, we just saw each other yesterday, yet you are hugging me like we haven't seen for years!" Dahyun replied, and pet the head of the younger girl. Chaeyoung is like a little sister to Dahyun, an important family member she never had. She then looked at Jihyo, and waved slightly with her free hand ―which in turn was replied with a quick nod. Out of all the monochromatic things in the world, they seem to be the only ones with color. 

After a few more seconds, Chaeyoung finally loosened her hold.

Dahyun took a step back for a breather.

"So Dahyun, are you coping up well?" the older girl asked.

"Doing better" Dahyun replied, while scratching the back of her neck.

Jihyo lightly chuckled at the action, and went to hold the pale girl's hand. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask" Jihyo winked, and gave the girl a hug.

"You know I always will" she smiled.

"What are your plans for today?" The older one asked, but then was cut by the energetic girl beside her.

"We will have ramen later in the newly opened shop~" Chaeyoung said, while jumping in excitement. Jihyo happily watched as the younger girl kept jumping in place.

"For someone so small, you have alot of energy" Tzuyu joined in. out of nowhere. The tall girl chuckled, as she sees the small girl stopped jumping in place.

"Yah! Tzuyu! You know how I'm sensitive about my height!" Chaeyoung said, as she smacked the tall girl on the arm and pouted "Hmmp!".

Jihyo, Tzuyu and Dahyun laughed at the younger girl.

"Don't pout now, you will grow old faster. And I'm definitely not pertaining to your height." Tzuyu teased.

"Raaaaar!" Chaeyoung screamed as she pounced on Tzuyu repeatedly smacking her chest.

"Ouch! Hey!" Tzuyu said, trying to block the consecutive hits with her right fore arm. "Quit it!" she ended.

"This is what you get for waking the inner tiger in me!" Chaeyoung scoffed, before being stopped with a clicking of tongue by Jihyo.

"Settle down kids!" Jihyo said, and smacked both of the youngest girl's head with a set of paper, that is rolled up.

"Sorry..." both girls said, with their heads lowered.

The older watched her two maknaes, and smiled "Seriously guys, it's still too early for you to be wasting your energy on fighting".

"It's how we show love~" The younger one said with a smile. "Right Yoda?" she said while hitting the girls arm with her elbow.

"Yeah... OW! HEY! QUIT IT!" The tall girl scoffed, as the hitting gradually became stronger. But before Tzuyu can return a hit, they both felt the searing pair of eyes watching them. They both stopped with their actions and bowed once more "Sorry..." they said in unison.

Jihyo sighed at the sight "Seriously, you two..." she said, before being cut by the younger one once again.

"If it makes you feel better, It's how we show lov―OW!" It was Tzuyu's turn to elbow Chaeyoung.

"You already said that" Tzuyu scowled.

"Fine! It's how we show affection" The younger smiled.

"Isn't that the same thing though?" Dahyun, Tzuyu and Jihyo thought to themselves in unison.

Tzuyu then sighed, and bowed her head appologetically "I'm sorry for this pabo here".

"Who are you calling a pabo?" the young girl asked, with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"I don't see anyone else" Tzuyu challenged.

"Why ought'a!" she shouted, before pouncing on Tzuyu once again.

They were fighting for a while, until a certain unnie walked in-between them and scolded them once more.

Dahyun was watching the three with a smile on her face. The two girls antics was not something she's not used to seeing, but it really gives her peace at times. She then started to laugh wholeheartedly at the three. The three girls stopped, and watched Dahyun laugh and they smiled. It was not something they see too often, and they were filled with happiness.

Dahyun wiped a tear, as she was trying to catch her breath. Seeing her two favorite maknaes and Jihyo acting like a mother―to not just both of them but even to Dahyun―filled a small void in her chest. Like a missing piece that she's longing for, yet she just pushes it back―like family. After a while, the three girls looked at each other, and nodded.

"Dahyun-ah, you should smile like that more, it looks good on you" the older girl stated, earning a hum of agreement from the two maknae's.

 

( * )

 

Ding Dong... Ding Dong...

The teacher looked at the time, and nodded. "Okay class, you are dismissed" the teacher said, before packing his things and left.

"Thank you Sir Seungri!" the students said in unison before standing up to leave for lunch.

First half just ended, and Dahyun stretched before raising up from her seat beside the window. It was lunch time, and she was supposed to meet up with Jihyo, Chayoung and Tzuyu to eat with them. She stood up from her seat, and grabbed her bag after fixing it. Their meeting place is in the cafeteria so she wanted to leave abit earlier, but at the same time not really, since she didn't like the crowded place. Instead, she settled for going to the old music room. 

Upon leaving the room, she saw Chaeyoung and Jungyeon chatting in the mid section at the open halls of the school. After a while, Chaeyoung saw her pale unnie, and waved like a little kid. The runner was surprised at the act and looked at the direction of Dahyun, and smiled. She then signaled the girl to come over. Dahyun sighed, and worked her way downstairs. "So much for wanting to go to the music room" she thought to herself.

A few minutes passed, and she sees the two girls sitting down in a table with a couple more people she doesn't know. She was about to step back, till Chaeyoung spotted her and waved at her direction. The other girls then looked at Dahyun and waved too. The pale girl smiled shyly in reply, and walked towards the table.

"Hey Unnie! Glad you can make it" Chaeyoung said, as she stood up to give Dahyun a hug. After she broke the tight squeeze given by the younger girl, Chaeyoung then proceeded to make room for a seat in between herself, and the track and field ace. She then proceeded to sit down.

"Guys, this is Dahyun unnie" Chaeyoung said happily, then signalled the girl to introduce herself.

Dahyun nodded, and before she could say anything, she was cut by the girl beside her.

"I'm Yoo Jeongyeon, Sports major in track and field" the girl then reached out her hand, and Dahyun recieved it. "She has a strong grip" Dahyun thought to herself.

"I'm Kim Dahyun... Music major in piano" she said with a soft smile, before breaking their shake.

She then eyed the two girls in front of her. One was a girl with shoulder length, hair and a mole by the bridge of her nose, and the other had curly locks with fixed fringes as bangs. The one with a mole was eyeing Dahyun in a friendly manner, while the other was in her own world eating the food before her. It was only until she finished the food on and humming from the goodness of the taste, did she notice the new person infront of her.

"Hey, I'm Mina, Myoui Mina" the girl said, with the lightest voice Dahyun has heard. The other one took a sip of water, not letting her eyes stray away from Dahyun's. After releasing the breath she held from drinking, the girl reached out for a napkin, and wiped her lips before introducing herself in a nasally-like high pitch voice "I'm Momo, Hirai Momo". Mina smiled at Dahyun, while the other continued to eat her food. "I'm a dance major in free flow ballet and this girl is my childhood friend who's a dance major in modernized freestyle" Mina said while the other was nodding in agreement.

"They're both Japanese! Isn't that cool unnie?" Chaeyoung said, after finishing her sandwich.

Dahyun looked at the two ,and let their names and faces sink in. She smiled softly, and looked at her hands on top of her lap that was hidden underneath the table. Her fingers are intertwined with her own, while the two thumbs are playing with each other. "Yeah, it's pretty cool" she said, while looking back at the two.

A few minutes have passed in the canteen. Jungyeon and Chaeyoung are chatting about random things they felt like talking about. From songs, to even K-drama that they recently watched. The two Japanese girls were also in their own world chatting about random things, while Dahyun was silent on her seat. She wanted to leave the group to go to the music room, but she can't seem to find the right moment to excuse herself. She let out a sigh, and mustered up the courage to excuse herself. But she stopped when two more people approached the table. She looked at the two, and saw familiar faces.

"Jihyo! Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung stood up, and hugged both girls.

"Woah there tiger! What's up with this grip strength of yours?" the taller one winced at the tightness of the smaller one's grasp. Chaeyoung let go of the two, and stuck her tongue out to the girl. This act earned a chuckle from the whole table―except from Dahyun who just smiled.

"Unnie, Tzuyu... these are my new friends~" Chaeyoung said gladly, and pointed at the girls from the table.

Both of them waved at their friends new acquaintances, and sat at the empty spaces. Tzuyu sat beside Momo, while Jihyo sat beside Jungyeon. "I'm Park Jihyo and this is Chou Tzuyu" Jihyo introduced, and Tzuyu smiled at the three.

"Hey, I'm..." Jungyeon was about to introduce herself when she got cut by Tzuyu.

"Yoo Jungyeon, the track and field ace. I came to one of your competitions" she said, earning a little blush from the runner.

"I didn't think I'm that famous" Jungyeon said, scratching her right cheek.

"You are known by everyone in this school for winning first place as you represent K-p International, of course you are famous" Tzuyu said with a smile. She then pointed at the two girls beside her. "And these are Myoui Mina and Hirai Momo, the two talented dancers in the all famous 'J-Trinity'" she ended.

"J-Trinity? what's that?" Jungyeon asked.

"J-Trinity is what they call the three Japanese girls, who caught the hearts of the boys of the campus the moment they first enrolled here" Tzuyu paused to pop open a juicebox she packed. "There's Mina the dance majoring in ballet, she joined countless of performances that reached global support. Her elegance and grace, not just in dancing, but also in her classy demeanor earned her the nickname 'Black Swan'" She ended and took a sip of juice. After resting for awhile, she then pointed at Momo. "Momo is the freestyle dancer who won various hiphop and dance crew competitions. She is the carefree character that is somewhat oblivious to her surroundings, but has a clueless yet y feel which she utilizes well in her dancing" Tzuyu ended.

"Basically, she's a pabo" someone commented.

Momo was proudly nodding her head while listening to her description, and agreeing to everything―including the comment that was added. Once she realized it, she opened her eyes and muttered "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh?" in surprise. She then looked at the direction of the voice, and saw a girl with a mischievous smile showing her teeth etching like a bunny.

"That's not nice Nay" Jungyeon said, while looking at the girl.

"Yeah Nabongs, go and apologize" Jihyo said, earning a giggle from the girl.

"Yes mom!~" the girl said and faced Momo. "Sorry~" the girl bowed then rested her chin on Jungyeon's head. "But really, clueless and carfree? Sounds like a Pabo to me" she added, earning a deadpan from the dancer.

"Ughh! The nerve! who are you even?" Momo scoffed, and Tzuyu placed the juicebox on the table.

"That girl is Im Nayeon, she is a senior and is in arts majoring in theatrical play. She is also the head of the drama club. Her acting became famous globally and is being scouted by countless of universities" Tzuyu stated.

"Hehe, you make me blush. You must be one of my fans then" Nayeon said, earning a sigh from Jungyeon.

"Forgive this girl, She can be a little too much at times" Jungyeon said, earning a smack from the girl.

"Anyways, you said Trinity, but I can only see two of them" Nayeon said.

"Well there's Minatozaki Sana who is the cute, seductive and y character. She was a top model back in Japan and went here to study language and literature to pursue her dream of being a writer. But she still models every now and then" Tzuyu stated. "Which reminds me, where is Sana?" the girl asked.

"She said she wanted to walk around for a breather, so she didn't join us" Mina said, earning a nod and a hum of disappointment from the tall girl.

"Either way, I'm suprised at your knowledge with people, Tzuyu" Jeongyeon said.

"Of course! she is part of the school's paper" Chaeyoung said proudly.

"So you're the Tzuyu Jihyo has been telling me about" Nayeon said, and looked at the girl and shifted her view to the small girl. "You must be Chaeyoung then, I heard about your works, and I may want to ask for help with props soon if that's fine".

"Sure, as long as I don't have any agenda's by that time, then why not?" The girl happily agreed.

'Ding Dong, Ding Dong~'

"Oh my, looks like we need to go! well gotta rush" Momo said excusing herself dragging Mina out of the place. Mina bowed her head, and started to join Momo. Chaeyoung stretched and moved out to class as well. Tzuyu followed suit, after saying their goodbye's. Jeongyeon and Nayeon left as well, and Jihyo was left with Dahyun.

Nayeon looked back and eyed Dahyun "I didn't really notice the pale girl there... She looks familiar" the girl said, and looked at Jeongyeon who was looking at her phone. Nayeon sighed  then smacked Jeongyeon earning a shriek of pain from the girl.

Dahyun sighed, then stood up and stretched. She then left with Jihyo accompanying her.

"I'm glad to see you making more friends now, how was it?" Jihyo said.

"Well, it was technically Chaeyoung dragging me around, and it was stressful" Dahyun honestly said.

"Mmmm... So what do you think about them?" Jihyo asked.

"They were all nice, but I don't think I can get closer to them... Most especially Nayeon unnie" she stated, earning a nod of agreement from Jihyo.

"Well, I can see where you are getting at, but maybe if you interact with them more, then you can see that they are kind people. Most especially Nayeon" Jihyo said with a smile.

"Yeah but.." Dahyun said.

"But what?" Jihyo asked while looking at Dahyun.

Dahyun maintained eye contact for a while before shaking her head. "It's nothing, nevermind" she stated, earning a sigh and a light hug from the older girl.

"You know I am here for you, and have an open ear when you have a problem right?" Jihyo asked while reassuring the girl.

Dahyun smiled at the act and thanked Jihyo.

"But they all lack in color..." Dahyun thought to herself as she looked up in the clear blue sky.

 

( * )       

 

Classes have ended, and Dahyun decided to go to the old music room. She was walking towards the room when someone called out to her.    

"Dahyun!" She looked at the direction of the voice and saw her music teacher Ms. Sunmi. She then walked towards the teacher and greeted her.

"Hey Miss, may I know what you called me for?" Dahyun asked.

"Well, I forgot to mention this during class, but I need you guys to send me a project which is to make a song" she stated. "It could be a piece or a lyrical song." she then added. "I need it either recorded or in a note sheet by the end of 3 weeks, and it's graded by the way".

Dahyun nodded and agreed till the end of the conversation. Once Ms. Sunmi finally ran out of things to say, Dahyun went straight to the music room where she can let herself lose a bit.

She smiled as she saw the grand piano in the middle of the room. She took out her music notebook and opened it to a blank page. She then placed it on the music rack of the piano and wrote 'New Song - No name yet' on top of it with a pencil. Dahyun then looked at the piano keys, and started thinking "What kind of song do I want to write?". She then pressed random keys at first, and it went on for quite some time. A few minutes later, she decided to stop and rest as she was getting tired. So she stood up, and stretched. She looked at the notebook, and it was filled with erasures. She then sighed and placed the notebook on her bag.

Dahyun felt too tired to walk back going home, so she decided it was best if she rested in the music room. So she went to one of the chairs there. She then grabbed her jacket and used it as a cover for her top. She laid back on the seat's rest and closed her eyes.

 

 

( * )

 

 

"Don't go too far away Sana!" Mina said, reminding Sana as she walked around the west wing. She looked around for a good place to write―for her imagination to flourish―so she went where ever her two feet lead her. She was walking up and downstairs and saw the difference in structure―Like how old the corridor became.

She scouts around, till she sees an open room. The lighting in the room looked inviting, as the sun was about to set. The sky was painted orange filling the place up with an orange hue. She then walked, and read what was written on the board of the room 'Room 326'. She then stepped inside and saw a grand piano in the middle. She went closer, and saw how it was kept clean and tidy. She let her fingers glide through the wood of the piano, and as she lifted up her fingers, she noticed how clean it was and put into a conclusion that the piano is getting cleaned regularly.

"How come no-one uses this room? it's still beautiful!~" she said and sat down while looking at the keys. She wanted to know if the piano sounded nice―not that she knew how to play―but readied to press a key.

When she did, she jumped in surprise. Not because of how nicely the piano sounded, but because of the sound that came after it.

She pressed the key once more, and she heard a sudden "Do!" from somewhere. She then pressed it again "Do~" and scanned the area, there in the chairs was the source of the voice. Sana's eyes widened at how adorable the girl sleeping looked. The blissful face of the sleeping pale girl touched her in a certain way―it made her want to write a poem about happy times. She then pressed another key, and the girl opened on the note that was played "Mi~". Sana giggled at this, and went to press the keys in a forward sequence.

"Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Do~" the time the pale girl ended, she had a satisfied look on her face. Sana smiled at how dorky the girl must be for talking in her sleep―literally stating the whole 'Do, Re, Mi'―all the while, reciting the right note during a single press of a key. "You must be a fun person to be with" Sana said, with lips curled to a smile.

She then stood up and went closer to the girl. She was about to reach out to poke her nose when Mina called her through phone.

"Sana, it's time to go" Mina stated. "I will meet you in the outer courts" she added, and was disrupted by another voice.

"Faster Sana-yah! we will leave you if you don't"

"Don't worry Momoring I will be there in a giffy~" Sana stated.

"You better be~" Momo ended.

Sana placed the phone on her pocket and started to leave the room. She checked the room once again and appreciated the orange contrast of the room caused by the setting of the sun. Her eyes lead to the sleeping girl once again, and chuckled a "You take care too" before Sana left.

 

[tbc]

---------------

Author's note

Hey guys! Sorry if it took a while to update, It was exam week mehehehe.

I told myself how I wanted to post at least once a week, and now that exam week is done I will try to write more.

Special thanks to jellymaniac for upvoting the story, it means a lot!

I also like to thank those who sub this story.

It helps me a lot knowing some people are interested in this story even if it's not limited to subscribers only.

Another thing is, I plan on writing two parts, this and a prequel which is why I added something in the title.

I also plan on adding some random story shorts (Short stories that happened in the story but in a different timeline from the original storyline)

Please comment on your thoughts on the story and as always. THANKS FOR READING!~