A trip to the past part 3

My secret: The promise I made that day

"I ended up not going to school after, I decided that it was for the best"

"In fact, I stopped doing anything at all"

"Dahyunnie..." Sana felt sad for Dahyun, she wanted to hug her so badly. She slowly reached out to her, but stopped once the girl started talking again.

"I stayed inside my room for a week and never left" Dahyun stated. "During that time, Appa left for a business trip, Onii-san was out of country to check his new university with aunt Taeyeon showing him around. I was basically alone in the house for a good 2 weeks" she explained.

Dahyun then looked at her bag, sighed, and said, "But the thing is... me and alone in my room is never a good mix... still isn't, but I learned to live with it" Dahyun smiled. Once a few seconds passed, she continued speaking.

"I like how Chae, kept messaging me and calling me every now and then... It calms me knowing someone is there for me... Tzuyu visits every now and then as well..."

"What about Jihyo?" Sana asked.

"Jihyo... she was the one who encouraged me to go to school and finish..."

"Now I really like Jihyo more" Sana smiled, she knew that the girl was caring, but she didn't know she was THAT caring (or maybe she did? who knows)

"I also remember not touching my piano back then... It was soo dusty from not being used" she joked. "It was my aunt that told me to play whenever I'm down... it's what musicians do..."

"Then-" Sana spoke but was soon cut by the pale girl.

"But the thing is... every time I touch the piano back then, I remember Omma... and after all that... the happenings at school come next..."

She then covered her ears and curled up into a ball. Sana was surprised at the sudden gesture, she was speechless and watched as the girl broke down. "I remember it all now... So clearly in fact that it haunts me"

"wha?" Sana asked, the sudden shift in moods surprised her.

"The voices in my head those days... "

"..."

"I wanted to end it..."

"..."

"I wanted to end it right then and there..."

"..."

"I was 100% ready!"

"Da..."

"Bullying... getting pitied on... Not wanting to tell anyone because I didn't want to be a heavy burden..."

"hyun..."

"I didn't want to tell my family! They would get caught up with everything!" Dahyun shouted. She then took off her glasses and wiped the tears that won't stop flowing. After calming down a bit, she stopped and said, "But, I saw my mother's bible, with her picture as a bookmark" Dahyun said softly, a broken smile crept up her face. "If I took my life there, two people would be watching me... God and Omma..." she said while looking down. Here eyes was deep from all the crying and her face was swollen from it as well. 

"I hate it..."

"..."

"I hate it all..."

"Da-"

"I hate it!"

"..."

"I hate those people who bullied me cause I was the weak one! They feel better about themselves by bullying someone who doesn't fight back!" Dahyun shouted. Her vision became blurry from all the tears that were dripping down. She didn't care about her surroundings, she knew that this place was safe for screaming and noise due to it being far away from people.

"I hate that CEO, people like him... those who think they are all high and mighty due to them having more money. Thinking that they are sooo dang privileged having all the power in the world" Dahyun stopped for a while to catch her breath before continuing. 

"I hate those like my past teachers, those people who start gossiping telling false rumors behind my back. It doesn't help anyone's situation if they start making up stories. They think they are doing good for whoever is being gossiped on? You people are teachers! You should be helping your students and not spreading rumors!"

"Those kinds of people... I don't get it... why?" Dahyun wiped her tears away and spoke in bitter determination. "People treat others like they have no importance in life... like how can they do that? What is wrong with them?" 

Sana watched and listened to the girl crying and complaining. She can feel her heart shrink from the girl's words of complaint. There was so much hate, so much anger that the younger girl was holding. Sure, she also had problems, and yes it could be deeper than the younger girl's problem but she didn't want to see the girl this down. But... she didn't know what to do. 

"I'm also a human being made by one creator! I too am His workmanship... so why do they treat me like I am nothing..." Dahyun continued her bickering. She didn't know why she said all of these things, but she can't stop now that she has started.

"And Lastly, I hate myself..." she suddenly felt tears flowing out once more.

That last statement surprised the Japanese girl and it made her jump back a bit. 

"For being weak, for being unable to handle everything better..."

"For not forgetting the past and still bringing it here and now, I'm practically living it for crying out loud!" she shouted, she then placed her two hands on her face and leaned on it for support. 

"I hate it when people look at me... It feels weird"

"Whenever I hear whispers, I feel like it's all directed towards me"

"I hate attention, I feel like it will be my end, like one wrong move will destroy everything...."

"Even Appa is staying away from me... After the incident, he never goes back home when I'm alone at the house. Sure, he's working to support me and Onii-san, but I know... deep inside... Appa holds a little resentment against me, he probably blames me for Omma's death..." Dahyun said, finally feeling tired from crying and everything, her speech softened. "Which is probably why he keeps on extending his business trip... he could at least fly home once in a while, but that was never the case... and when he does... he arrives and leaves before I even wake up to see him..."

"I'm here... I'm also important too Appa... You're not just wanted out there... you're wanted here too... I also... want to be with you again..."

"Dahyun..." Sana muttered, the sadness evident in her voice.

"Then again, I was only close to Onii-san and Auntie..."

"I miss him... and Omma too..." Dahyun's voice died down even more at the last bit.

"Omma..." she repeated in a very sad expression.

Sana watched and listened, it's all she could do right now. "Poor girl, under all that anger, is a deep dark bottomless sorrow... I know that feeling..." she thought to herself. She was lost in her own thought for a while but was brought back out when she heard sniffles once more. 

"Omma too... I can't help but feel like I am the reason for her death..." Dahyun stated. "In fact, I feel like if I shut my mouth during the zigzag, she would have been able to concentrate..."

"Aren't you being too harsh on yourself?" Sana asked.

"Harsh?" Dahyun faked a laugh and said, "Yeah right..."

"..."

"Actually, maybe this is punishment... for actually praying in the back of my head on that day.... the moment Onii san told me about the thousands watching... I got scared... I got soo scared that... I prayed that the event should not continue since I wasn't ready... That it should be stopped at all cause..." the pale girl stated, tears once again dry.

"I don't think that's the case..." Sana stated.

"Then what is?!"

"..."

"Why did I even force Omma to get me to perform that day..." Dahyun stated, then said, "Actually, even better... Why was I the one who survived..."

"Omma should've been the one living and not me!"

"I'm sorry but... geez, why must I feel all of these?"  

Sana watched and listened, it's all she could do right now. "Poor girl, under all that anger, is a deep dark bottomless sorrow... I know that feeling... plus the fact that she bottled up everything... I bet she was mentally taxed once the topic was opened up once again" she thought to herself. She was lost in her own thought for a while but was brought back out when she heard a defeated sigh.

"Maybe it's best if I didn't exist..."

The last statement made Sana furious, she then grabbed the younger girls shoulder and shook her every now and then. "No! you shouldn't be too harsh on yourself!"

"Yeah but-" it was Dahyun's turn to get cut.

"That's all in the past, you will get to move on... I mean, you're back to playing the piano again, right?"

"Yeah... I'm back to playing piano right now... but the events...It's like a scar... no, it's like a keloid, healed, but the damage was bad enough..." Dahyun stated, and continued, "In fact, if it wasn't due to my aunt's rehab and my brothers support, I wouldn't be even able to play a single note".

"Yes, it may never heal... but... isn't that what scars are for? "

"..."

"I mean yeah, they may be ugly... but... the reason why scars are there, is because it is our reminder of what has been... Plus, you have people who care for you"

Dahyun was looking at the older Japanese girl scolding her. She was surprised about the passion that the older girl has.

"I mean, Chaeyoung was there, Tzuyu was there, Jihyo was there, they were supporting you--still is--and I'm sure they would like to see you shining"

"..."

"Plus, You got a loving and caring family. Sure, they aren't with you at the moment, but I'm sure as fu-" There was a short pause before she continued, "hell that they are 100% there with all the support in the world"

"Fu...?" Dahyun said in curiosity.

"Don't mind that" she said while shaking her head. "And if there is anyone in the world that would support you, I'm sure it is your parents. Including your father"

Dahyun looked down at the ground again upon hearing the last part of the statement.

"Cause, even if they don't know what to say... even if he is not around a lot and everything... he is still your Dad, and that won't change" Sana then removed the tofu-like girl from her grasp and sat back.

Dahyun was silent, she was listening... but silent. 

"Also, those people, the bullies, everyone, they were all in the past, you tell me that you live in the past... but I think you live in the darker days, you should look for hope in the darkest of all situations"

"..."

"And, you have us now too~ NaJeongMoSaMi"

Dahyun looked up once again, now appreciating the girl's encouragement.

"Let me tell you this, the darker the luminescence, the brighter the light. This is the same with problems. The bigger your problem, the better the solution will be"

Dahyun then started to laugh and said, "You are very good with words"

"Of course, I study about it~" Sana stated, then continued, "And, they have to get through us now if they try to bully our Dubu~"

Dahyun smiled, she felt lighter suddenly. Like a heavy burden has lift off from her shoulder. "Thank you, Sana unnie" Dahyun said, she then looked at Sana and gave her the warmest smile she can give.

This made Sana's heart melt. The girl who was almost never smiling when she's around. The girl who looked like the world would consume her, the girl who couldn't properly express or convey her feelings, smiled genuinely in front of her. And it was the most magical thing ever. She looked into every detail of her face, how her eyes shape into slight crescents, sharp yet filled with care. In fact, everything about the girl's face was sharp. Her skin was white and smooth, it looked like milk on fine glass. She could feel her face heat up, contrasting the cold afternoon. She then shook her head to clear herself up from the thought.

"I guess, I just needed to be reminded again about these things.... And I'm sorry for blowing off steam on you..." Dahyun stated

"Hey, come on now. You shouldn't be saying sorry, you should be more positive~ Say thank you instead, or I won't accept it"

"...sorr-" Dahyun was cut by Sana mid-way by faking a cough or two.

*cough* *couch*

"... Thank you for letting me bloww of steam on you..."

"Your welcome!~" Sana agreed. "But if you want to thank me, then give me a kiss" she said, gesturing on her cheek.

"Ehhh?!" Dahyun was fazed, her usual white pallor is now stained with red.

"Yup!~ Just a peck on the cheek~" the Japanese girl insisted.

"B... but Sa... Sana unnie?" Dahyun stuttered.

"Hmmmm?" Sana hummed in reply

"I... I'm... not that kind of-" Dahyun said, but was cut by a sudden hug.

"Hahahaha!~ Flustered Dahyun is back!~" Sana stated and rubbed her cheek on the pale girl's cheek. Dahyun was dumbfounded witht he situation, she didn't know what to do in these cases, most especially from the older Japanese. It didn't take long for her to feel a warm pair of lips touch her cheek in a form of a peck.

Dahyun felt indifferent, where the kiss was given felt hot. She then reached out for the area of contact and felt it. It was warm. A new form of contact that the Japanese girl does. The feeling is strangely comforting but at the same time bewildering. She didn't know how to react, but instead tried her best to wipe off the feeling in distress,

Sana giggled at how the younger girl tried to remove any trace of a kiss. It interested her and she thought to give it to her more now.

They continued talking till the last school bell.

It didn't take long for the rooftop door to open up revealing a very tired Nayeon while the rest of the group followed after (all except for Momo who was in dance practice and Jeongyeon who is in the field). Once Chaeyoung entered the scene, she laughed at the predicament of Dahyun. 

"And here I was, genuinely worried about you. Turns out, you were just flirting with Sana on the rooftop" Chaeyoung joked.

"I'm not Chae!" Dahyun said then pushed the older girl away from her, before stading up and going to Chaeyoung.

Once she was closer, Nayeon suddenly hugged the pale girl. This act is not totally new to Dahyun (thanks to someone) but, this act definitely surprised her coming from the girl. "I'm so so sooo sorry Dahyun-ssi, I didn't know about your situation, it was pretty wreckless of me... Please forgive me" she appologized.

"I.. it's fine unnie"

"No it's not! I was very ignorant, I didn't mean to hurt you in any way"

"U... unnie!" Dahyun struggled to get off, but since she was still too weak from all the crying, and since Nayeon didn't really want to let go, she decided it's best to stop struggling and instead go to the matter in hand. "But unnie, how did you know?"

" It was Tzuyu, Jihyo and I that told it... sorry dubs" chaeyoung said.

"I see, well Nayeon unnie, I'm fine now. You can let go of me" Dahyun said.

"Right, sorry~" Nayeon said and completely removed Dahyun from her grasp.

Dahyun sighed and realized that alot of these people have different ways of comforting people. Chaeyoung's way of comforting is Letting her know that she's there, Tzuyu is a good listener and gives good advice, Jihyo will make you feel like family, Nayeon will make you know that you are being cared for, and Sana... she's a special case that like to get close and personal with you and tell jokes every now and then in between seriousness.

It didn't take long for Jeongyeon and Momo to arrive the scene and they all started talking and hanging out like usual again.

Dahyun sighed, the rooftop that was once her place of quiet has now become a hangout spot for the group. But it didn't matter, Sana was right... She has everyone now. And supporting each other is a thing. She has more people she can trust on now, and the past is the past. She then looked up and smiled.

"It's been a while since I've last seen this place with this much color"

[Tbc]

 

---

A/N:

Geez, I had trouble writing this part.
I didn't know what I should do with most parts, like were they good enough or whatever?
But anyways, I wanted to atleast update fast to make up for my inactivity.
And don't worry, I still put alot of effort in the story, I jsut don't know if it was goof enough for you guys.
Anyways, my point still stands. 150 sub and I make an [M] content >w< that will most likely be down on the shorts.
Once again, thanks for reading!~