Scandal for two

Beautiful Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANGMIN (JULY, 2011)

 

     “Changmin and Yunho, you two better start explaining this headline right now.”

      A roll of newspaper smacked against the glass table directly in front of me, nearly cracking the surface while it unfolded itself.

      In bolded black block print, the headline screamed “Scandalous! Stripper in the elevator: TVXQ desperate for love!?”. I stared at my own name, underlined in red ink and enlarged above the text. Below it, was the attractive girl from my university, dress disheveled and bruised hickies running all along her collarbones as she scrambled out the front lobby in tears.

      I couldn’t help but wrinkle my nose, frowning as I averted my eyes from the repugnant memory. It was ironic how the only lapse I’d made had been broadcasted for the entire world.

      Under the intense scrutiny of our manager, Yunho lifted his head and swiftly glanced over at me—his silent accusation was enough to clear himself and automatically overturn the blames on me.

      “Well?”

      I shrugged and replied flatly. “I don’t know—I wasn’t thinking, I guess.”

      “Obviously you weren’t!” My manager’s voice rose by another octave. “Worst of all, I didn’t even have time to do damage control because it came without a warning!” He grunted once and ran his hand through his hair in irritation. “What the hell is going on with you two? Two months ago, I randomly get some headline of Yunho dating some girl, and the next day, she’s moving in! Now that’s finally settled, and Changmin—” He jabbed a finger at me, “you are bringing home a stripper?! Get your priorities straight here—neither one of you are teenage boys anymore. We are on the verge of launching your albums in Japan since the lawsuit. Frankly, this isn’t helping with promotional activities!”

      I felt disgusted by his tone and the sickening implication that I was some guy only capable of thinking with his . I had nothing to say all throughout his lecture except for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter