The Calm Before

I Can See Where Your Eyes Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm back! Okay forgive me for being gone too long. I'm really sorry because this sem has been too hectic and your author's already in senior year. Anyway here's an update. :)

 

 

After the ice cream hangout, Seulgi noticed that Joohyun has been more clingy to her.

Joohyun herself doesn't understand why, but she feels sort of upset upon seeing the bear with other people- or Soojung to be specific at that matter. She feels something about the Jung that doesn't sit with her everytime the former is with Seulgi. On the other hand, she was also waiting for Bogum to text her or give her a call while trying to brush off those thoughts about Seulgi and Soojung.

While Seulgi- well she was secretly happy. Why not, if the person she truly loves (yet unfortunately isn't hers) just had the knack to constantly be with her as if she's her lifeline?

Seulgi mentally grinned while feeling the warmth on their linked arms while walking to school.

Joohyun's actions didn't go unnoticed though, by another pair of cold-looking eyes for the rest of the week.

---

Joohyun was startled when her phone suddenly rang off-- it was Bogum. Now, she just realized that they haven't met each other for the whole week.

 

"Hi, Joohyun. How are you doing?"

"Oh, hey. I missed you. We haven't been seeing each other for a week now."

"I missed you too. Yup, that actually was the reason I called. Are you free later?"

Joohyun threw a glance at Seulgi who was currently busy with some stuff at her locker. 

 

"Ahh, uhmm, sure. I'll text you when I'm ready."

"Okay babe. I'll pick you up." 

"Thanks. Take care Bogummie."

"You too sweetie. Love you."

Joohyun thought twice of replying the same words back for a millisecond. She missed her boyfriend, and she loves him. But these past few days really gnaw her inside- reminding her of something off that she can't put a finger on. About everything.

"Love you too."

 

She went back to the bear who was now staring at her. She isn't sure but there was something a tiny bit odd with Seulgi's expression.

"Bogum?"

"Yep. We're gonna go out later. Is that okay with you?"

"Oh.. uhh what? You don't have to ask me unnie. Just take care of yourself; I'm still wary of that boyfriend of yours you know. And don't stay out too late."

 

Seulgi froze for a moment when Joohyun hugged her a little bit tighter than usual while whispering, "I will, Seulgi-ah. Thanks a lot."

And she wasn't sure if she was imagining things or not when something soft ghosted her right cheek-- Joohyun grinned playfully then smacked her lightly on her forehead. Did Joohyun just kissed her? 

 

(Well the bunny herself doesn't even know what drove her to do so-- maybe it was simply her bestfriend looking so adorable at that moment.. Wait what?)

 

"See you later Gomdori."

Seulgi was left still stunned, staring at the disappearing figure of her bestfriend.

"Yo! Seul!"

She was brought back to reality by one of her classmates, Jisoo.

"O-oh-oh, hey Jisoo. What brings you here?"

"I bumped against Soojung earlier at the hallway. She asked me if I saw you, and told me that she needs to talk to you about something. She's waiting at the art club's room by the way, by this time. I don't know but she's kind of, uhh nervous? Good thing our lockers are just beside each other and you're here." replied the purple-haired girl.

"Really? I'll be coming then. That must be something important."

"Yeah, might be. See you around Kang."

"See you around too, and thanks Jichu!"

 

Seulgi was still thinking of her unnie's actions earlier while walking towards the room Soojung's supposed to be at.She can't help but feel misled with the fact that she has feeling s for her bunny. Oh how she wish Joohyun does that only to her. But there's Bogum. She sighed. Her thoughts were interrupted when she finally reached the art club ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter