Drifting Away and The Coming of the Ice

I Can See Where Your Eyes Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Weeks passed and the locker incident was forgotten, well at least between the couple and Wendy. But Seulgi?

 

The moment was etched in her mind like a scar, something that will remind her who really owns Joohyun's heart.

 

It's not her unfortunately, but the bastard Bogum.

 

She could still feel the painful clench in her heart whenever that scene replays in her head, which of course, she didn't want to happen. But it did anyway. That day she left Seungwan, she ran all the way to the building's rooftop, her hideaway spot that not even one of her friends know. A sudden urgent faculty meeting came up and the afternoon classes were announced as postponed, giving her the chance to sprint along the halls with her face already in tears without anybody seeing it. She tried to hold them back until she reached the top, but failed. She was relieved that Seungwan didn't follow her, well she knows that her hamster-like friend knows better than to follow her.

 

She needed some time alone. Badly.

 

Indeed there are many times that she would need another shoulder to cry and lean on, someone who would console and encourage her, but at that moment, she found it necessary to deal with things by herself. No, not that she didn't want to bother Seungwan, that girl understands me, it's just that she's disappointed to herself for not handling the situation very well.

She should not be obviously jealous at least, if not nonchalant. She should not feel anger surging up in her veins as Bogum kissed the love of her life. She should be able to move immediately as she realized what was going on back then, not being like a child stunned and slowly tearing up because her candy's being taken from her. And even eaten in front of her. She should be able to control herself from crying; she should be able to hold back unwanted emotions.

I should be happy for Joohyun-unnie.

But at the end of the day, she accepted her weakness. She can't do those things. Well maybe her day would still be completed upon seeing the bunny smile, but it will be ruined after immediately upon realizing who's the person behind that. Bogum, Bogum, Bogum. Not you, Kang Seulgi.

She can't accept that, but she can't also interfere between them. Just what will her Joohyun-unnie think of her? She doesn't even know if she would like her.. like, she's a girl. Joohyun-unnie might not even swing that way.

The thought makes her go back to all those times Joohyun stared at her lips. Then what would that freaking gesture mean?

Being an innocently dumb bear, she did ask Seungwan a lot of times back then about Joohyun's habit. That was the sole clue as to whether their unnie has a chance of liking Seulgi, moreover because she only does that to Seulgi. Seungwan was way too intelligent about testing Joohyun, talking to her whenever the three of them were together and keenly observing the oblivious older's eyes while Seungwan spoke. And as if fate agrees, Joohyun doesn't and never looked at her that way. They could only go as far as observe though.

But before butterflies become able to console her from the pain she has been feeling, the picture of Joohyun's closed eyes and flushed cheeks while Bogum's lips were attached to hers wrecked Seulgi once again.

Damn it Kang. You really got it bad, don't you?

Seungwan didn't ask her about it when she went back, both have figured to talk about it when Seulgi's a little more calmed down. Will she be ever able to though?

Instead, she welcomed the bear with a tight hug and comforting pats on her back. The duo walked back home together as Joohyun texted Seulgi that she will be out with Bogum again. The bunny was indeed clueless about Seulgi seeing everything.

The monolid could only let out an exhausted sigh, that alone informing Seungwan of what could've been the message she read was about. She smiled bitterly to the bear.

***

Joohyun's 'I'll be out with Bogummie tonight, take care of yourself Seul, okay? Don't forget your dinner'  messages became more frequent. Oh now he even has a nickname. And everytime she did, Joohyun would come back to an already sleeping Seulgi. There were times that her unnie would be gone out for three nights in a row that she sought Seungwan's help through crashing at her place instead of crying herself to sleep. The night was one of the usual, Seulgi shook her head as she languidly put her phone back in her bag.

"Joohyun-unnie's coming late again?" They were eating lunch together.

These past few days Joohyun didn't bother Seulgi about going with her and Bogum for lunch, or it was more like Bogum said so, with an excuse of 'if-I-were-Seulgi-ssi-I-would-feel-really-uncomfortable-being-a-third-wheel'. It wasn't a lie, technically, so it was somehow convincing. But the fact is Bogum actually feels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter