The Morning After

I Can See Where Your Eyes Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seulgi swore she just had the best night of her life when she woke up. It was a little strange she was first to flutter her eyes open though, being the one who sleeps like a log. The bear spent some good seconds gawking at the beauty beside her, admiring the porcelain skin of her love, those eyes that go bigger when she's surprised, that cute nose she always loves to poke playfully at the top, and those lips.

Those lips that she wants to feel against her own pair especially when her unnie throws that look at her.

And she doesn't know if it's her heart playing tricks with her or Joohyun really emits that feeling of longing on every moment she unconsciously gawks at the younger's lips. She doesn't know it's real, yet.

She decided it's time to snap out of her daze and proceeded to the bathroom to get ready for school. She then went to the kitchen to cook themselves breakfast- of course she can cook, maybe not as how awesome as Joohyun does the chore, but at least edible. She heard light footsteps later and smiled bitterly to herself, knowing that the older one was awakened with a text from Bogum. The monolid tiptoed earlier to hopefully wake up her unnie, but a loud tone resounded even outside her room- one that belonged to Joohyun's phone, and there was no one who would beep her early in the morning but that bastard. She turned away from the door and made her way back to her cooking.

"Where's Seulgi? Where did you take my bestfriend? Who are you?" Joohyun asked in an almost convicing confused tone.

Seulgi mentally winced. That word again. But she kept her emotions on hold, riding the playfulness of the older one.

"Oh, sorry if I wasn't the scaredy cat last night who banged my door shut and was close to being a crybaby because of a mere thunderstorm..."

Seulgi regretted her answer, actually. She meant a playful retaliation on her words, but then she remembered what she did-- oh heck why did I forget that. She went silent, just there, eyeing the pancakes she laid on two plates for her and Joohyun. She gulped, feeling awkward, and as if to make things worse, Joohyun was also wordless, and she knew that the same thing was on her unnie's mind.

"I-uh, a-about last night, Joohyun-unnie.."

"Hmm? Is this about you su-suddenly kissing me on my forehead? I understand, anyone would do that to comfort her sibling you know..." Joohyun cracked a smile, awkwardness masked in her comforting gaze.

Seulgi heaved a sigh of relief. But if time rewinds, I would kiss you on your lips instead. She's apparently disliking some of her unnie's vocabs though.

"O-okay then.. so should we eat now?" She tried to bring back the non-awkward atmosphere between them. "Well wait, I'm brewing some coffee, I forgot. I'll just get it Joohyun-unnie."

"Really? Thanks Seul, that's so sweet of you." Joohyun said while smiling. "I must commend these pancakes also, they taste better than the last ones you did."

"I learn fast from a mother you know." Seulgi joked while transferring coffee to the cups. Her grin was wiped away when Joohyun's phone rang. She was forced to listen to her unnie's conversation, as the older stayed on her seat.

"What-- you're at the doorstep?" Joohyun and Seulgi were equally surprised, as they looked at each other. Joohyun had no choice but to let Bogum in.

"Hey."

"Hi Bogum."

"Actually, I came here to pick you up. Maybe we could have some coffee before we start school? I-I mean, if you want." The young man scratched his nape while looking at Joohyun expectantly.

"O-oh.. but Seulgi here actually--" Joohyun was torn between accepting Bogum's offer and staying to get Seulgi's coffee instead. But Seulgi butted in, closing the discussion. 

"Oh. Hey there Bogum. I heard what you asked Joohyun-unnie. Go ahead, just take care of her or I'll make your bones crack louder than my knuckles." Seulgi half-grinned, albeit serious on the last part.

"But Seul-"

"Come on unnie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter