True Colors

I Can See Where Your Eyes Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Perhaps Joohyun and Bogum's relationship indeed bloomed to the point where the former's interaction with Seulgi was reduced to a great extent. Joohyun will always find the bear already sleeping whenever she comes back, if Seulgi doesn't beep her about staying over Seungwan's. Not that she always come back very late, but knowing Seulgi, the girl would easily fall asleep while waiting for her.

She didn't know that the bear now felt like her Joohyun-unnie was the moon, so close yet so far from her reach.

Truthfully, she knows that the increased instances of her bestfriend's sleepovers were her fault, so she tries to make up for it by sleeping beside Seulgi at night. The two would automatically find themselves cuddled to each other's warmth as they explored their own dreamlands. When morning comes, Joohyun was the first one to wake up most of the time, and she would find herself staring for some time at Seulgi's face before leaving the bed. Sometimes it would surprise her when the bear would suddenly radiate a beaming smile even while still asleep. She admired those unconscious gestures, thinking that it makes Seulgi even more adorable and pretty though she never really thought of the reason that makes her bestfriend smile like that.

As simple as it is, Seulgi dreams of her every night. As for the younger one, her slumber provides her some comfort through her visions of herself holding Joohyun's hand while the latter stared at her lovingly, reflecting the same burning passion she felt growing continuously inside her. In those dreams they were laying on a blanket under the cloudless night sky full of stars- a view which the older girl loved, but cannot compare to the person beside her. And Seulgi could not ask for more, she would then flash her billion-watt smile unknowingly while relishing the moment. That would make Joohyun wonder what made her deserve Seulgi, and so does Seulgi think about the same thing.

 

At least it's possible in Seulgi's dreams. It's enough for her to last the entire day witnessing the opposite reality that she isn't the one Joohyun has in her heart.

Much for Seulgi's luck, Bogum called, informing his girlfriend that he was still staying in his hometown with his parents that day and was not coming to school, leaving her Joohyun-unnie finally free after a long time. The bear was obviously happy as they continued to catch up while downing some bagels.

"Y'know what Joohyun-unnie, the kids miss you already. They were always asking me about you everytime I stay over at Wannie's. Even Olaf herself." Seulgi remembered Sooyoung and Yerim as they continue to chat.

"Really? Oh, come to think of it. I haven't visited them for a while now." Joohyun trailed off, realizing Seulgi's words.

The bear chuckled. "Why don't we go to them after classes? We have the advantage since we do not have afternoon sessions in our schedules today. Besides, who knows when will you be able to take a day off from Bogum again?" She said while chuckling, yet deep inside she's indeed uncertain.

Joohyun's eyes went a little bigger and then laughed at the younger's statement.

"Wow Seul. Are you jealous?"

Seulgi didn't see it coming. She felt the same pain during the locker incident resurfacing to her chest. Her delighted expression faded as she sighed. 

"For a fact Joohyun-unnie, I am. I mean, do you really have to spend all of your time with him? I understand if you couldn't keep your hands off to each other when you're together, but I think you've been missing out many things. You know I don't mean that you guys breakup or what, you know that the moment you asked me about what I think about you getting back together, remember? And I'm not just talking for myself.. Seungwan, and the kids just as I said earlier, we kinda feel a bit neglected. I hope you get what I mean." Seulgi was somehow relieved, having a part of her burden lifted off from her shoulders, but now worrying about what Joohyun could be thinking now.

Joohyun thought about Seulgi's words as she stared at her. She cannot blame Seulgi, they were practically inseparable before Bogum came, and so is she to Seungwan and her siblings. She realized how indeed she was so focused on her boyfriend that she had almost always forgotten the bear and their squad. Nevertheless, she also can't help but taste some bitterness in Seulgi's words. But she kept it to herself.

"I'm sorry Seul.."

That's all she can say actually. After the words left , she could not bring herself to look up to Seulgi's face again. She was guilty. But Seulgi took her in a hug.

"Forget it Joohyun-unnie. I just.. I'm sorry too, okay? I shouldn't have said that." The bear muttered, suddenly regretting what she said. She can't help but melt at the sight of a guilty-looking Joohyun and the gloomy mood she suddenly sported.

"No.. you're right. I'm really sorry." The shorter one continued, her voice muffled against Seulgi's neck.

"It's okay. Come on, we're running late for school." The bear broke the hug and held Joohyun's wrist, pulling her to the bus stop. But Joohyun slipped out and held her hands instead, lacing their fingers together. Once again, Seulgi felt the surge of butterflies inside her while Joohyun suddenly noticed a little increase in her heartbeat as she stared at the girl beside her, but letting it pass away thinking it was just because they were runnning. Maybe. Or maybe not.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter