Over the Border

I Can See Where Your Eyes Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

** Italicized part means flashback.

 

Seulgi could not count the sleepless nights she's been having ever since Joohyun and Bogum seemed to have caught up with each other and spent even more time together. Her Joohyun-unnie have not noticed how hard she pretends to be asleep everytime she comes home at night after her dates with Bogum, when all the while she's been waiting worriedly to hear from the other girl. She can't help it. Bogum isn't the safest person to trust her unnie with, as far as she knows; but he's whom her unnie loves.

Sometimes she could feel how Joohyun seems to want to sleep next to her during those nights she hears her bedroom door creaking, because no one else would open it besides the bunny. There were nights when she would just feel the other's presence from the doorway, some nights she felt Joohyun slowly and silently walking towards her bed, seeming to contemplate on the risk of 'waking' her up due to the sudden intrusion on her bed for some seconds, but it always ended up retreating to her room. 

She could not bear imagining her Joohyun-unnie doing all those couple stuffs with Bogum, that's why to keep her jealousy at bay, she tries to avoid the older without making it too obvious. She always cared for her, so the simple tasks that Joohyun can do such as preparing her own meals, she did for the bunny. She also notified her at times of some 'errands' she had to do that made her leave early, so the other won't question her. Seems like it's all working fine for her, but it backfired immediately.

She missed Joohyun even more. But her heart aches everytime she thinks of hugging the bunny, while the latter's mind drifts away to her boyfriend. 

I'm not being selfish, right? Or am I? Seulgi always finds asking  herself. She loves the other girl, but she isn't sure if that green monster creeping up to her upon the idea of Joohyun and Bogum together adds to the justification of that fact, or her feelings themselves like to play with her. 

 

So to put her mind (and heart, as reluctant as it is) away from the thoughts of a certain Baephrodite, she kept herself busy with schoolworks that were sometimes too much for her to handle. That works better that finding herself crying over her premature defeat. I haven't even tried yet, but I lost already.

So much for those times Joohyun-unnie stared at my lips. What did those moments even mean?

Seulgi could only sigh at her internal self-scolding. She looked at the papers in front of her. Back to work, Kang Seulgi.

---

 

 

 

"I'm not sure about it.. I mean, I'm certain that I fell for him already, but it's too complicated that sometimes I just don't wanna think about it because it.. it just hurts. But on the other hand, I've put myself in this situation, so I can't blame him. I just.. thought that maybe, time will come and he will realize that I'm better and more willing to love him more than Joohyun could. But it seems like I'm getting nowhere with this. H-honestly, I'm getting.. tired."

"Then.. did you ever think of just, you know, stopping and all? I apologize if it sounds offensive, I just want to know."

"I.. uh-I.."

Amber sipped on her tea as she waits for the other woman to continue.

"I love him. Well.. that's the truth. At first I didn't, because I'd be able to get him sooner than I thought. But he's so enamored with Joohyun that now.. I don't know. I'm getting tired and frustrated with him just coming to me when you know.. h-he wants to do it.. and I want something more than that. I tried to talk to him about it, but it only came out worse.."

 

Bogum had already freshened up, ready to go. But before he got past the living room, Sunmi stopped her.

"Can we talk?"

"What about? If you're still thinking of us going out, you better-"

"Who am I to you, Bogum? What are we?"

The man scoffed.

"Didn't you get me clear earlier? I can't put a label to this, to us. I've got a girlfriend, Sunmi!" Bogum screamed in front of her face. It was harsh. She could feel the burn of Bogum's anger, yet she saw how cold his eyes were. She trembled, but she can't back down.

"Then.. let's just stop this.. I don't really want to bare this out to you while we're fighting but I have fallen in love with you. Of course, why else would I ask if we can go out together today? I've began to hate the fact that you would just come here when you can't get Joohyun to please you, when I'm here and I am more capable of doing everything for you. haven't you seen that?!"

She felt the intense, cold anger in Bogum's face grew. She continued.


"T-there. Everything, I laid it all out already. If you love her, then fine, I don't think I could still interfere when I've lost already. But let's just stop this. I can't keep doing this with you unless you love me.. I don't think I ever can. Le-let's not see each other anymore."

"..."

The atmosphere was tense and both of them were quiet. For a moment. Bogum then smirked.

"Really?"

"Y-yes. I want to stop thi-"

"I'll stop when I'm done." Bogum cut her off, pulling her hair while kissing her. Sunmi struggled from his hold but he would't budge. She felt painful bites on her neck, going down. The man carried her back to the bedroom, and while he's pleasing himself, her wrists and neck grew bruises from his rough hands that strangled her and kept her down. It wasn't like all their other meetings. Sunmi cried, then Bogum delivered a punch to her head enough to knock her out. She woke up to no Bogum after, but his remnants were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter