Brewing Storm

I Can See Where Your Eyes Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Mature content ahead. It's not so I did not hit check on the Rated M box. But still. I'm really more of angsty one but writing those kind of scenes aren't my thing either. Given that, expect that there will be no such thing on the following chaps. Sorry not sorry but yeah. :) But thanks a lot for subscribing to this fic! :)

 

**Incoming call: Bogum**

Joohyun swiped her finger at the incessant ringing of her phone. 

"Hey, Princess.."

"Yeah?"

"How are you doing?"

And Joohyun knew that with that question, there was something more that Bogum wants to tell her.

"I'm doing good, here at home. I'm with Seulgi. How about you? Something came up?"

Joohyun has a hunch. It's one of those Dad's-gonna-introduce-me-to-a-potential-investor-because-you-know-he-wants-me-to-continue-growing-our-family-business stuff again so you're not gonna see me later.

"Actually, yes. Princess, I'm really sorry but can we rain check our dinner later? I'll make it up to you, I promise." Joohyun was about to huff in slight annoyance but after hearing the last sentence, she's a little bit relieved. Bogum did make up for the dates they've missed.

"Okay then, take care."

"Sure, Princess. Love you."

She was contemplating whether to say the same words or not when she thought she heard a whimper from the other line and then the call was ended. Joohyun frowned. The couple were together for two months now. And Joohyun knows how those terms of affection are beginning to sound emotionless from her boyfriend's mouth. It's like he's just saying it to cover up his shortcomings, not sincere anymore, she thought. Or maybe she's just overthinking. What does she know about the things Bogum has to learn about their growing business anyway?

She was told by Bogum even before he first dumped her that his father started a restaurant that's now continuing to build chains around the country, after taking her in a branch on one of their dates. She knew then that it will be inevitable for Bogum to help his father. 

She took it upon herself that she has no right to judge, though sometimes she really can't help but wonder why Bogum seemed to have frequent things to do with his father, yet smelling alcohol in his breath whenever he drops by at their apartment on their cancelled dinners. There are also times she would notice a lot of creases on his clothes like someone held him by his collar, but she never voiced out any of that. Maybe he's just stressed about suddenly preparing himself for work.

And Bogum's frequent absence started when that incident happened just two weeks ago.

***

They were in front of Joohyun and Seulgi's apartment, both smiling like idiots after a movie date.

"Hey, I had a great night with you Bogummie. Though I don't like it that you didn't tell me it's a horror one."

"Oh come on, you said you wanted to challenge yourself. And you've seen its poster outside when we're still choosing what to watch."

"Putting the blame on me now, huh?" Joohyun retaliated.

"Am I? I'm sorry then, Princess. Though I have to say you still looked gorgeus even when you're actually scared."

Joohyun felt heat rising to her cheek upon his words.

"Thanks for coming with me tonight." The young man continued.

The two stared at each other for a while and Bogum slowly leaned in, kissing Joohyun. The girl was surprised at first but reciprocated not long after. He bit her lower lip which made Joohyun gasp, granting him entrance to . The kiss turned longer and harder from the young man's side, but when he started to place his hands on her waist and tugged at her blouse, she pushed his shoulders, ending the possible thing that could happen further.

"What's wrong?" Bogum asked, caressing Joohyun's face.

"I-I.. I'm sorry. I need to- I have to go. G-goodnight Bogum."

She hastily opened the car door and headed to the apartment's door, missing the frustrated look on Bogum's face as he rode off.

***

"It's too early for that face, Joohyun-unnie." A voice interrupted her trance. Well it was no other that Seulgi who came down from the bedroom to the kitchen.

"What's the matter?" The bear couldn't contain her curiosity, knowing that it's her Joohyun-unnie feeling uncomfortable at the moment. And she's not liking that expression that never fitted the bunny.

"Nothing.. just Bogum. He called. Supposed date later cancelled." Joohyun tried to smile but the hint of sadness was in her eyes.

"Oh.. family business matters again?" 

"Yeah."

Seulgi herself can't help but wonder what Bogum is up to. She doesn't know how she's able to keep herself from spilling her pent-up feelings so she always have her guards on. She keeps her doubt on Bogum, and should he make the love of her life cry, she won't hesitate to turn his face into an unrecognizable one. And she will be there for Joohyun, she will wait no matter how long.

"Joohyun-unnie."

"What?"

"Do you know that one of the most ridiculous jokes is that you're pretty?"

Joohyun's face contorted into confusion, turning into a scoff within seconds.

"Are you trying to insult me, Kang?"

"Nope," the bear smirked. "Because it's true. You're not pretty."

Before Joohyun could flick the younger's head, she continued.

"You're way, way beyond that word Joohyun-unnie. I don't know if beautiful even fits you."

The bunny was stunned. Seulgi rarely compliments her that way, and if she does, it makes Joohyun's heart beat in a faster pace. That was one of those moments. The older one felt prayed that she won't blush, because she can see how Seulgi's statement was mixed with pure adoration in her eyes.

Seeing that J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter