Flowers

Masks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's an audible sounds of laughter inside of the Jessica's and Tiffany's house in which the former bought wheb she found out about that baby, in Jessica's point of view. It won't be healthy for their child, as well the one who's bearing the child to live in a crowded place like where were they living before. She wants their family to live in a secured, clean, natural, and a good environment which is obviously not their former house in which most of workaholic and some party person who hates kids living they're sharing their room with.

A small gathering is currently happening in the living room. There's a lot of foods and drinks in the table, Tiffany was comfortable sitting alone in the couch — placed in the middle while her friends are sitting on the left couch. Hyunju and Bora immediately pay visits when they found out Tiffany's condition through Jessica, who made a request to accompany and entertain her wife who's currently on hiatus while she's busy at work. Tiffany's best friends bought her a gift and a story to tell that they can laugh about.

"I'm telling you, he looks hilarious when he accidentally tripped and fell on the hole. It was so funny!" Hyunju tries so hard not to caught up with laughing when she was telling about a certain incident happened in the club she recently attended to.

"Seriously what was he thinking—" Tiffany was about to say but stopped when she saw Jessica who went home early holding a lot of shopping bags and packed of groceries items.

"Jessi, you're here,I didn't hear the door unlocked, I would've welcome you home." Greet Tiffany

"No need, I'll be back to office soon. You seems enjoying your friends' company and that's already enough to make me happy." Jessica replied, smiling ear to ear. 

Tiffany just sighed at her husband's stubbornness, ever since her hubby founds out about the baby. Jessica became overprotective to the point that she insists not to let Tiffany work anymore which caused of their countless argument but in the end Tiffany just gave in to Jessica's wish as she no longer wants to have an argument with the lady. What hurt her ego the most is Jessica didn't let her win the fight as her lover always but instead do the opposite way.

She feel like Jessica no longer cares for her or doesn't want to show her off anymore that's why the girl fought so hard for her to stay in the house. 

 

Or maybe, she's just overthinking due to her hormones.

 

Tiffany's mood escalate quickly at the thought of Jessica liking someone or not being proud as her wife and that didn't go unnoticed to everyone in the room when she became quiet. She was immersed with that idea to the point she didn't even noticed her sister's presence until the latter tapped her shoulder to catch her attention.

"Hey sis, are you okay?" Michelle asked

"Oh-Hey. I didn't know you're here." Tiffany acknowledging her sister's present.

"Yeah, I was your husband's ride along." Michelle response that made Jessica intervene with their conversation.

"Today is the schedule for your gynecologist right? I'd like to come." Jessica said.

"No way. Michelle will only accompany me as always." 

"But... Tiffany it's been what? 2-3 months since we're pregnant yet I've never been there to support you whenever you're scheduled for daily check-up." Jessica reasoned out. 

Tiffany just sighed out of Jessica's importunate. It wasn't the first time Jessica acted like this which she was fond of because she thinks it's cute but nowadays she's outgrown to it and put her mood on edge. Well, she's self-confessed that she thinks that Jessica doesn't like to show her off anymore because of the growing bump on her stomach and by then Tiffany got the brightest idea she could think of.

"For one condition!" She said

"What? Tiffany—."

"You'll bring me back to work!"

"No! Tiffany, how many times do I need to tell you that it'll be safer for our child if you're just going to stay here. Stephanie, this is my first child. I don't want anything bad happen to my baby while you're carrying it besides I gave you all you may need. The supplies, money 3 times higher than your previous allowance, and company of friends. What more do you want?"

"But staying here makes me unhappy."

"Let's just think for the long run, okay? The only important here is the baby. What if something happened that put the baby endanger?"

"Jessica, I'm not sensitive! I can't manage and I won't hurt the child for Christ's sake. I can feel the beating of my offspring's heart! I won't do anything to hurt my own blood!" Tiffany burst out in tears. She don't know when she became this emotional and overly sensitive that she careless if her guests gonna see her puffy eyes.

upon seeing her wife's state makes her wanting to slap herself for making the mother of her child cry. She forgot that at this stage of pregnancy, her wife should be pacified a little since the girl's hormones' ramp-up.

Jessica gently sat besides Tiffany's side and hugged her to comfort the woman in her life.

"Look, I'm so sorry. I didn't meant it to sound like that. I know you love the baby, i love her or him too. I don't know the gender of the baby yet but Sorry, I shouldnt have made it sounds like you don't care about our baby." Jessica said in between their embraced.

"Maybe you don't want me to be seen cause I'm ugly now." 

Jessica's ears perked at what her wife uttered, she removed herself from to Tiffany and faced the latter eye to eye while her hands are wiping the tears of the lady.

"No. That ain't true. I would never be ashamed of you especially when you gave me the greatest gift of my life."  She said with her eyes glued at her wife's belly.

Tiffany froze up at the sight of her husband whose smile can't be wiped reaction. She had to looked away before she might have an another break down in which didn't helped her at all since what's her eyes had seen is her sister's face who showing a sign of strongly against of what's going on in the room but instead of preventing herself from her sins instead she brings herself unto Jessica's hug and pour all her emotions to it. That's it she broke down.

Maybe because of her hormones or maybe because she's a human? It's been months yet she still couldn't bring herself to tell the truth.

"Jessica, I'm so sorry." She cried

"No, it's okay. There's nothing to be sorry about, itsi a child fight. Okay? Don't worry, I'll bring you to the office. You can go there anytime you want BUT no work okay?" Jessica's assurance to her wife whilst the latter just nod her head for approval.

Michelle whovew witnessed the scene can't help but shake her head of what her sister bringing herself to. 

The moment was interrupted when a ring was heard throughout the phone.

"Jessica, I think that's yours." Says Hyunju while pointi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter