The Box of Secrets

Masks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 4am in the morning now, and Tiffany can be seen engrossed at her wife's face. She's seemingly studying the woman's facial features with her back laying on the bed's headdboard, in truth Tiffany is drowning in paranoia as this moment. As soon as she and her sister bring her home, she immediately proceeds to cook and wait for her husband/wife to come but instead she fell asleep waiting for the said person and just woke up with Jessica at her side and all the food was left untouched. She wonders where her wife gone late as night, she's a woman with an instinct and this time her guts says something is wrong. In just a spur of moment, the woman woke up and caught Tiffany looking at her while she's sleeping. Jessica didn't bother to get up, instead she placed her right hand on the left side of Tiffany's waist and brings her face on the pregnant lady's lap.

"Hey, it's still early. What's wrong?" Jessica asked gently

"Where were you last night?" Tiffany asks, hands' are busy caressing Jessica's hair.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you, I had to meet up with some business partners and future investors for the Jeju resort project I'm working for." She replied whilst her face is now facing the fabric of Tiffany's clothing. 

"No girls?" 

Jessica was taken back from Tiffany's questions and it's apparent through the way she removed herself from Tiffany and sat in front of the lady. She knows what the girl's thinking and have no idea how to assure her that there's nothing going on.

"Ye-yes, No. I mean yes there is. There's Yoona and my assistant."

Tiffany gave Jessica a laugh of what the latter did. 

"You look so scared. Relax, I'm just asking and I'm glad you're honest. I mean you could easily lie but didn't." Tiffany then gave her wife a smack on her lips and Jessica replied her a blissful smile but it didn't last when she heard the sound of a phone's ringtone — indicating somebody's received a message that time. Which is pretty odd if you're going to think about it, a text messages at this hour? Jessica sense that none of them is moving so she figured out that the text is meant for her but before she could move. Tiffany hold her hand to stay firm and says,

"That's mine, I did booked some massage appointment for me earlier and this is the confirmation I've been waiting for." 

"Are you sure? Maybe that's one of my business partners." 

"Yes, I'm sure. Don't you trust me? I mean aren't our relationship gotten better ever since we've got the baby?" Tiffany is smiling from her eyes to her ears although Jessica can sensed that it's fake

"Of course. We're like a couple for real now." Says Jessica while giving a muffle or let's say an awkward laugh and although it's adorable, Tiffany raised her eyebrow and responds a forced obvious smile at her. She then caress her husband's cheeks and trying to the gap between their faces closer and closer.

"We're a couple now. Husband and wife, yes that's what we are. No more third parties." She sternly said to the person in front of her.

"Yes. No more." 

"Good." Tiffany, finally gave her lover a genuine laugh and it was sealed by a kiss — a passionate one but Jessica resumed it to be more than that, she goes on top of Tiffany and started to draw lines on the latter's neck with her lips and teeth.

"I'm so sorry." Jessica said in between her breath, Tiffany who's unsure of what she's sorry for. Asks the hermi for a confirmation — she had something in mind but she wants to hear it from the person in front of her. She knows what's happening behind her back, she knows that Jessica is obsessed with the past and the latter kept chasing to it. That's how she found out that Jessica will leave her one the said person found out about the truth of her offspring's origin. The thought of that didn't aged well as soon as Tiffany decided to stopped what they're about to do without forgetting to assure her lover that there's nothing wrong between them. 

"Don't you have work later? Lack of sleep for a long journey is not healthy." 

"Yes but that can wait, Madame Tiffany. I'll be gone for weeks, I need this." Jessica replied with her face buried onto between of Tiffany's s.

"You smell good." 

"I dressed for you." 

The reply caught Jessica's attention, she abruptly looked up and examine Tiffany's outfit of the night. It's a red with a highlight of pink silky night gown and although the woman is no longer wearing it, Jessica knows that was partnered with a robe of the same colour and designs.

"You look y." She compliment

"I know, that's why it's unfortunate that you weren't here early as I expected." Tiffany then lie on the bed and cover herself with the blanket up to her neck, facing up the ceiling. Jessica on the other hand made herself more comfortable through laying at her wife's side and hugging it with her nose busy sniffing its neck. 

"The last time I've checked, I'm the one with uncontrollable hormones not you!" Tiffany says and gave her lover a playful slapped.

"It's that your excuse to have with me? Hey, that's unhealthy." 

"Wow, fyi—" Tiffany didn't get the chance to finish her sentence when she felt Jessica's bites to her right s, who then proceeds to it. 

"Hey Jessi — stop —."

"Okay. Sorry — but you have milk now." Jessica said for the ninth time, she stopped with agape. Completely engrossed at her wife's face.

"Does that mean you're 3 months pregnant now?" She continued.

Tiffany's face gotten pale at what her lover had uttered, and she knows too well that it's her chance to tell the lady the truth. They're all alone in the room, no one will hear other than them, and it be easier to apologize and explain things to Jessica but that analogy was interrupted when an another ringtone was heard from the phone and by then, Tiffany changed her mind. 

"I think? What made you say that?" She nervously laughed.

Jessica lowered herself down to Tiffany's stomach which a small bump can now be seen.

"Well, after I found that we're having a child together. I did some research on my own of how to take care of you and some background on the pregnancy itself. So, My lady. I would be able to understand you better but seems like I failed at counting since I honestly thought that you're just 2 and 4 months pregnant. Thank God, I said 2-3 months yesterday. That wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter