Moving In

One Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

**Please enjoy!
***plz. Excuse any grammar mistakes

 

Chapter Two: Moving In

 

 

Two weeks had passed since Jessica had met her fiancé. To her relief, Taeyeon had a business trip in China that had delayed their mandatory moving in. Looking around her room, she let out a sigh as most of her valuables were all packed. Combing her fingers through her hair, she got up from the floor.

 

She couldn’t believe that her father is putting her through this. But, her father did put her and her sister through a comfortable life. It wasn’t her fault that things didn’t go as planned for him. It was now her turn to help save the company.

 

A knock interrupted her thoughts. Pushing a stray strand behind her ear she walked to the door to open it.

 

“Sooyeon-ah,” smiled her father.

 

“Appa…”

 

Her father slipped inside. He stood there looking at his daughter lovingly. He never thought that today would come; giving away his eldest daughter, his baby girl, to someone else. Of course, he was not worried about Taeyeon. He truly believes that he is a good man with good intentions. He would definitely protect his daughter without a doubt.

 

“I love you my daughter,” he says in a low yet sad voice.

 

“I know daddy…” she smiles lightly.

 

Her father pulls her into an embrace holding her tightly. Was he ready to let her go? Especially at such a tender age of seventeen? But, in order for the Kims to merge their companies, they wanted Taeyeon to take Jessica’s hand. At first, he thought it was ridiculous, but it was bound to happen anyways.

 

“If you need anything, do not be afraid to call me arasso?”

“I will call you!” tears were now welling up in Jessica’s eyes.

 

It wasn’t like they were never going to see each other ever again. But something about leaving the nest for good, even before college was just so heartbreaking.

 

As they stepped away from each other’s embrace, her father quickly wiped away a stray tear. This made Jessica’s heart break a little, she had never seen her father so emotional like this.

 

“Let’s not make Taeyeon wait too long,” smiled her father trying to lighten the mood.

Nodding, Jessica dragged two of her larger suitcases towards the staircase. The rest of her belongings were going to be brought over eventually, but right now her essentials of clothing and accessories were coming with. At the bottom of the staircase stood Taeyeon. Quickly noticing the two, he jogged up the steps to grab both of her suitcases.

 

The blonde made note of what he was wearing. He was not in a suit this time. He was wearing grey cotton shorts that clearly showed off his well-toned calves. As for the t-shirt, he was wearing a fit black V-neck shirt. She was a little surprised to see that he was quite muscular for someone who seems to always be in the gym.

 

She said a soft ‘Thank You’ as she followed him down the stairs.

 

Her father stood beside her mother and younger sister. Tears all welling up in their eyes as if she was being exiled forever. She ran up to them and hugged them each tightly saying her goodbyes before following her fiancé to his car.

 

Taeyeon was not one for expensive cars, but he was driving the latest model ACURA MDX in black. As the trunk opened, Taeyeon carefully placed her suitcases besides his. To her surprise he only had one large case with him. A man of his wealth should have much more clothes than that right?

 

Giving their final goodbyes, the two got into the vehicle. Jessica could only watch her family get smaller in the distance as things were now going to be very different.

 

The car ride was obviously quiet. Taeyeon had his focus on the road, while Jessica was just staring outside the window. The traffic was okay, but It felt like the ride was going to last forever. Just as Jessica thought the ride couldn’t get any worse, her stomach made a large grumble. Taeyeon let out a chuckle and looked at her.

 

“Is someone hungry?”

“No,” she said a little coldly, only for her stomach to betray her.

 

“Sure…” Taeyeon rolled his eyes, “What would you like for dinner? Korean or Western?”

 

“I don’t know…”

“You know what… it’s hard to find something you don’t know,” Taeyeon smirked.

 

“You can choose, I don’t care,” Jessica kept a straight face not looking at Taeyeon.

 

“You sure?” he questioned eyeing the latter carefully.

 

“Yeah,”

The car was quiet once again, Taeyeon let out a sigh. Jessica just kept mum.

 

‘This is going to be a long engagement trial…’ thought Taeyeon.

 

They drove for what seemed to be like an hour, until the care came to a stop. Taeyeon parked right in front of what looked like a luxurious steak house in Korea. Hopping out, the young lad opened the door for Jessica.

 

“Thank you,” said the blonde quietly.

 

“No problem,” he smiled brightly.

 

The two made their way towards the restaurant. They were greeted by an elderly lady and Taeyeon had specifically requested for a secluded area to

Please log in to read the full chapter