My What?

One Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: My What?

 

He is CEO, a well-known heir of Kim Group. His name, Kim Taeyeon, the oldest son of Kim Jungsu. At the age of 13, Kim Jungsu had put his son down as the next owner of his company. At age 18, Kim Taeyeon had already graduated from Korea University with a degree in Business. By the age of 20, he had already accomplished his master’s degree in Business from Harvard University, ready to take over his father’s company.

 

He was popular. Well known for his hard work and dedication to the family business. It had only been a year working for his father’s company, that he had made huge strides. It was because of him that brought the family business to the top. Reaching the level of competing companies like Samsung and LG.  

 

Nobody really knows about him, only about his greatest achievements. As someone so rich at a young age, people always expected him to be extroverted. Blowing his money off with luxurious cars, clothing, and vacations. He was expected to be headlined for being stupidly drunk every weekend with the money he has. But, he was mature. People who knew him questioned if he even had a social life.

 

····

 

It was a Monday morning, another day of meetings and paper work. Like a usual business man, he got up early to start his day. His usual routine of “beating the sun” as he would call it. The young man got up before the sun even shone to head to the gym. He preferred to work out in the morning. The gym was empty in the morning, but the best perk was that it was close to his office. After a quick shower post workout, he’d buy his usual strawberry banana smoothie before heading to work.

 

“Good morning Mister Kim,” bowed his personal assistant as the elevator door opened, revealing a well-groomed young man still in his workout clothes.

 

“Hello Miss Park, anything important today?” he smiled as the two walked towards his office.

 

Checking Taeyeon’s planner, “Just one, with Jung Enterprises,”

 

“What time is that at?”

“Well… Chairman Jung is already in the meeting room…”

 

“Is that so? I’ll be there shortly,” he smiled.

 

Shutting the blinds to his office, he walked to the suit hanging in the corner of his office. Quickly checking the time Taeyeon changed his clothes. Fixing his tie, he made his way to the conference room.

 

He felt a little nervous. Something about Mister Jung intimidated him. Reaching for the glass door, he spotted his guest seated in one of the leather chairs waiting patiently for him as he took a sip of his coffee.

 

“Ah, Taeyeon! Good morning my boy, it’s good to see you again,” the elder man greeted standing up briefly to bow.

 

Taeyeon responded with a respectful bow, “Hello sir,”

 

In his mind, he was crapping himself. This was the first time he was to have a private talk with him. His father was always there with him when they spoke. It was not like he was a stranger, they see each other quite often.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to call me appa now?” Mr. Jung chuckled.

 

“Ah… Yes, a-appa,” he awkwardly smiled as he took a seat next to him.

 

“It’s alright. I came here this morning to talk about the engagement,”

 

Taeyeon felt his heart sink a little, “Oh right… the engagement,”
 

 

···

 

 

“What about him?”

 

“Ooh… he’s cute,”

 

“Yea…”

 

“He’s a hottie,”

 

“Uh-Huh…”

 

“What about that guy?”

“Eh…”

 

“C’mon Jessica… Do you want to grow up to be a cat lady?!” squealed a dark haired brunette.

“No, but I don’t need to find a boyfriend yet Miyoung,” Jessica glared.

 

“Hey. It’s Tiffany, not Miyoung… But suit yourself, while you’ll be a cat lady… Yulbaby and I will have our own house with kids running around,”

 

The tall tan lad choked on his ma juice and stared at his girlfriend, ”K-Kids?!”

 

“Yup, Five of them!” the brunette smiled brightly.

 

“F-Five?!”

 

“I’m kidding Yul… you know babies freak me out…”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and looked at the students in the cafeteria. Sure, she was single, but she was definitely not ready to mingle. Nobody was of interest to her. Or at least, wasn’t worth the time of day. Before she could even yell at her friends for showing public display of affection, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

 

[To: Sooyeon]

 

Please come straight home after school.
I have important matters to discuss.

[From: Appa]

 

She texted her reply.

 

[To: Appa]

 

Arasso. I will be home.

 

[From: Sooyeon]

 

 

····

 

 

Time was going by so slowly. She was beginning to feel anx

Please log in to read the full chapter