Leaving

One Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: 
Short update before I go on vacation.
I will be traveling to the Philippines soon. 
Will try to update while I'm on vacation.

**Please enjoy!
***Please ignore any grammar mistakes

Chapter 6: Leaving

 

Feeling a few nudges, the girl slowly opened her eyes. As her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room, her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“How’d I get on the bed…?”

 

“I carried you last night,” smiled Taeyeon

 

“I’m sorry… I was really tired…” said Jessica shyly as she got off the bed.

 

“It’s alright, you were doing packing, right? I locked your suitcase up and it’s already downstairs”

 

“Yeah… I think I’m done”

 

“And besides, if you forgot anything. We can always buy it in the states,”

 

“Very true…”

 

 

···

 

 

After an hour of preparing and eating breakfast. The two walked around their house checking for opened windows, unnecessary plugged sockets, and forgotten things. Once everything looked good and locked, Taeyeon grabbed their belongings and carried them outside. Taeyeon’s dad was parked on the curb waiting for them. Jessica locked the doors and ran towards the car. Opening the back door, she was surprised to see her father in the passenger seat.

 

“Appa! What are you doing here?” she asked in English.

 

“Well… SOMEONE, forgot to tell me they were leaving the country,”

 

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink, “I’m sorry, I totally forgot”

 

“It’s okay, at least you’re getting closer to Taeyeon-ah” smiled her father causing her cheeks to turn a darker shade.

 

Awkward silence filled the air. Mr. Kim decided to break the silence, “So, Taeyeon-ah are you planning on renting a car or are you going to call a driver?”

 

“Uh… I booked a rental,” he replied.

 

“How about I get Brian to bring you a car?”

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about me, I’ve already made sure that everything is going to be fine,” he smiled.

 

The car ride was full of laughter and stories. The two fathers shared stories of their past when they were in college. As well as how they met their mothers and how they knew they were the one. It was a little awkward for the engaged couple. But once they reached the airport the two dads fell silent.

 

“Appa, how come you’ve become so silent?” Taeyeon teased.

 

“I know… I’ve sent you to the airport so many times before… but you’re not going on a business trip this time,” there was a pace while Taeyeon’s dad tried to gather his thoughts. “You’re growing up so fast… I’m sending you off with a fiancée this time. My little boy has grown so fast,”

 

“I know right Jungsu? I feel the same with my Sooyeon-ah. Taeyeon I know I’ve told you this so many times, but I trust you with my daughter. Please take good care of her,” Johnathan smiled as he stepped out of the car.

 

“Don’t worry appa, I’ll take very good care of Jessica” Taeyeon smiled as he grabbed Jessica’s things.

 

“You guys take care now. Call us if you need anything,” Jungsu said giving Taeyeon a bear hug.

 

“Don’t worry. We will call,” smiled Jessica.

 

“Jessica, take care of Taey

Please log in to read the full chapter