Arrival and a Movie

One Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

**Update!!
**Please enjoy!
**A surprise for those who haven't
read my soshified version

Chapter 7: Arrival and a Movie

 

The flight was long and exhausting. Both Taeyeon and Jessica were itching to get off the plane. They had two more hours till their plane finally landed in New York. Jessica was now watching a sappy American Romance movie, while Taeyeon was still occupied by the childish game.

 

“Do you want anything?” her fiancé asked as he turned to look at her.

 

“No thank you, I’m fine,” she smiled politely.

 

She watched her fiancé reach for his backpack. The lad pulled out his favorite snack. Jessica, who was watching his every move let out a giggle.

 

‘Taeyeon, you’re such a dork. Jelly worms, really?’ Jessica smiled as he watched him put a handful of gummy worms into his mouth.

 

“You want?” Taeyeon asked with a mouthful.

 

“Thank you,” she giggled as she took one from him.

 

 

···

 

 

“Do you think our children will go through with the wedding?”

 

“Of course, your son is quite charming. I bet my Sooyeon would fall for him soon,” Johnathan smiled as he took a sip of his wine.

 

“I hope, I think Jessica and Taeyeon make a good couple. Don’t you think honey?” questioned Jungsu as he looked at his wife lovingly.

 

“Of course, darling. But it’s sad that they don’t remember each other…” she sighed as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

“They were both young. Taeyeon was only eight and Sooyeon only four. They were inseparable, but we had to move to America to try and expand the company,” Johnathan sighed.

 

“I remember it well! Taeyeon was so devastated when Sooyeonnie left. She was his only friend… but then Taeyeonnie met Miyoung shorty after,” Jungsu’s wife reflected as she poured herself a glass of wine.

 

“At least they’re together right? Hopefully this vacation they’ll become a little closer,” Jungsu smirked.

 

“Let us hope for the best! Cheers to a bright future for the Jungs and Kims!” smiled Jungsu as he raised his glass up in the air.

 

“Cheers!” they chorused.

 

 

···

 

 

“How about we go out today? Let’s go bowling with Jessica today!” suggested the brunette as she flipped through various channels.

 

“Sure, why not? It is break after all,”

 

The brunette got up from the couch walking toward her purse. She pulled out her iPhone X. Sitting next to her boyfriend, she hit favorites and dialed the second name that appeared on the list.

 

Ring. Ring. “I’m sorry, the person you are trying to reach cannot be connected at this time. The person you are trying reach is out of the country, please try again later,”

 

“What the heck?”

 

“Hmm?” her boyfriend asked not looking away from his handheld gadget.

 

“She’s out of the country,” she was pouting. There was a brief silence before going, “She’s out of the ing country?!”

This caused Yul to look up from his Nintendo switch. “What if she left the country with that man?”

“I bet! Remember, the other day… They were carrying suitcases into that house! Jessica has a boyfriend and they went on vacation!” she squealed.

“Fany-ah, relax. We don’t know if the guy is really her boyfriend. What if he’s just a relative. Let’s not jump to conclusions babe,”

 

“Fine…” she sighed.

 

“Aish, why are you so cute?” Yul grinned pulling his lover in for a kiss.

 

 

···

 

“Please prepare for landing, we will be landing in ten minutes,”

 

After hearing the little announcement, they positioned their chairs to the upright position. Gathering their belongings, they buckled their seatbelts and waiting. Jessica wasn’t sure what she didn’t like more, take-off or landing. Without much hesitation, Taeyeon reached for Jessica’s hand and held onto it. The blonde relaxed in her seat.

 

Before they knew it, their airplane had landed on the runway. Jessica was no longer feeling nervous, she was feeling quite excited. She bit her longue trying to suppress a squeal. She was happy, she was finally here in New York.

 

“We have finally arrived in New York’s JFK airport. It is 10:10 pm and it is 60 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Thank you for riding Korean Air. We hope you had a wonderful flight and please fly with us again,”

 

Once the seatbelt sign was turned off, Jessica and Taeyeon grabbed all their belongings. As the signal was given, the duo was dismissed first to leave the plane. Walking out, Taeyeon led the way towards US Customs. The line wasn’t terribly long, probably a good ten minutes. Everything wasn’t new for Taeyeon, she had been to New York several times already.

 

“Lets get our bags and head home. I bet you’re exhausted,”

 

“Honestly, I’m more excited than tired…”

 

“Is that so? Shall we pick up the car and head to time square? The apartment is just a few blocks away,” Taeyeon suggested as he waited for their bags.

 

“Sounds like a great plan,” she smiled widely.

 

It was the biggest smile that Taeyeon had seen since they moved in with each other. He made a mental note that he chose a great of taking her here.

 

After getting their suitcases. They picked up their rental from Hertz. Due to Taeyeon’s VIP status with the company. He was able to choose a premium car of his liking. He ended up choosing a Mercedes SLK. Jessica made a mental note of his choice of car. Only Taeyeon knew that it was the car that he used to drive.

 

Driving through the busy streets of New York, Jessica was happy to be in the states again. She missed America, however instead of being in her home state… she was in her dream state. She reflected to the time she was in California. She remembered her old friends, the old memories she held in California. Even though she did want to visit San Francisco again, she was more than happy to be in New York.

 

Since it was night time, the traffic wasn’t too bad. Jessica made a mental note at how loud it was in New York. The honking every couple of minutes. She wondered if people were annoyed by it or don’t even hear it.

 

Didn’t seem too long but they found themselves at a garage. Taeyeon entered a pin and the garage door opened. It was an

Please log in to read the full chapter