Curiosity

One Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Excuse any grammar mistakes
**Please enjoy!

 

 

Chapter 5: Curiosity

 

Friday came by in a flash. Jessica was sitting in her last period class staring blankly at the board. She should be taking notes, but she couldn’t concentrate. She was a straight A student, she could slack off for a little bit. The latter puffed her cheeks and stared at the clock hanging above the chalk board. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours, time was passing like it was an eternity. She was getting frustrated. She was becoming impatient, really impatient. She wanted to go home and pack.

 

‘Aish! This is so boring! I want to go home!’ She whined to herself.

 

She slouched at her desk and let out a loud sigh, causing people around her to give her a weird look. She quickly stood up straight and blushed. Getting a poke in the back, she turned around to face her best friend giving her a strange look. With no explanation she just shrugged ad turned back. The blonde propped her elbows on her desk and rested her chin on her knuckles before staring off into space.

 

The girl was brought back to reality when a ball of paper hit her head. She took the ball of paper and turned back to face the girl behind her. The girl motioned for Jessica to open and read it, earning her a glare. But of course, she followed her friend’s order and read the note.

 

‘Aigoo~

What has gotten the ice princess so bothered?
Does miss Jessica Jung Sooyeon have a boyfriend already?!

-Fany’

 

Jessica could only crumple the paper while turning back towards Tiffany. She stuck her tongue out and chucked the paper right back at her. The blonde didn’t want to tell anyone yet. She did feel slightly bad that she was keeping such a big secret from them. As much as she wanted to, she was not ready to face the questions and the teasing. She remembers the last time her little sister told Tiffany about her crush; her sister did not hear the end of it.

 

Krystal was a popular freshman at the time. She had fallen head over heels for AJ Liu, a sophomore on the varsity basketball team. But, Tiffany did help the two of them get together. However, they were always teased about being a couple.

 

It kind of for Jessica though. Her little sister had found her true love at such a young age. And here was Jessica at the prime age of seventeen who isn’t in love but is already engaged. Plus, she had never really dated anyone long term. She was a bit envious of her sister. Jessica was happy for Krystal, but Jessica was beginning to feel lonely.

 

Yes, Taeyeon pampers her. But will she even be able to show her love towards him? She wants to be able to hug and kiss the person freely with mutual feelings towards each other. She’s open to trying things out with Taeyeon, but she’s still shy and has such thick walls up.

 

As the school bell rings, she stood up grabbing her backpack. Before Jessica could even step out of the class room, a hand pulled her back into the class room.

 

“Jessi, what are you doing for semester break?” questioned the eye smiling girl.

 

“Uhm… I’m going somewhere,” said Jessica, she wasn’t lying but she didn’t want to reveal where.

 

“Where? C’mon Jessi! You’ve been ditching Yul and I a lot lately. We want to spend some time with you too!” she pouted.

 

“I’m going out of the country. Don’t worry, I’ll be back before you know. I’m really sorry if it seems like I’ve been ditching you… but I’ve been busy lately. Things aren’t going well for my family so things have come up,” she says honestly but not the full truth.

 

“Please tell me~” Tiffany was now trying to show off her aegyo.

 

Jessica cringed and pushed her friend lightly, “Stooooop. You’re gross. But I seriously have to go, my ride is here,”

 

Tiffany just stood still as her friend ran off. Grunting, she followed after her making sure that she wouldn’t be noticed. She watched her best friend hurriedly put her things away in her locker and out the doors. Tiffany continued to follow. Being curious, she watched the girl stand at the curb for her ride. An SUV made a stop in front of her and she got in. She was about to read the plate number, but the vehicle had driven off.

 

“Damn it. Who the hell is Jessica always being picked up by?” questioned Tiffany.

 

“Why are you talking to yourself?” questioned a voice behind her.

 

Out of reflex, the brunette jumped and threw a punch. “EEP! Yul! Why would you do that?”

 

“Sorry, but what were you talking about?”

 

“Jessica… she’s going out of the country for Chuseok… and she’

Please log in to read the full chapter