Effort

One Year
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Please enjoy!
**Please excuse any grammar errors!

 

Chapter 4: Effort

 

 

After eating dinner and washing the plates, both Taeyeon and Jessica plopped themselves down on the couch. Taeyeon was now busily reviewing paperwork on his Macbook, while Jessica was watching a variety show on the flat screen. Just as Taeyeon looked up from his work, a Korean Airline commercial played on the screen. Jolting up from his position, he patted the couch for his cellphone. His fiancée eyed him curiously.

 

“Hello?”

 

Jessica turned to look at him, she raised an eyebrow as she watched with stern eyes.

 

“Appa!”

 

‘He’s calling his dad…? Or my dad…?’ she questioned herself.

 

“Ah yes I am doing well. Jessica is doing fine too,” Taeyeon chuckled into the phone.

 

The latter just sat there staring at him, anxiously waiting to know more.

 

“I slept in the one of the spare rooms!” There was a pause. “No! I… I don’t want her to think I’d take advantage of her,” Taeyeon’s voice became a whisper, but it was still loud enough for Jessica to hear. The two of them looked away from each other in embarrassment blushing.

 

The thought had good intentions and with that Jessica was grateful towards him.

 

“Anyways,” Taeyeon cleared his throat. “I hope you don’t mind, but Jessica and I will be going on a small vacation over Chuseok,”

 

The young blonde tried her hardest to focus on the show that was playing on television but couldn’t. She ended up eavesdropping instead.

 

“We are going to New York for Jessica’s break. I was thinking we would stay at the apartment. Airplane? I was thinking of buying tickets… the company jet? Let me ask her,” Taeyeon covered the phone and turned to the blonde.

 

“So my dad is wondering if you want to take the company plane or do you want to take a commercial flight?”

 

She blinked. Commercial flight? Private Jet? How rich is this man she’s marrying into? “Uh… it does not matter,”

 

“Appa, she doesn’t care. We don’t have to take the company jet. You’d probably need it when you fly to Japan… Yes, I will let appa Jung know. Don’t worry about the company, Leeteuk will be handling everything… Tell mom I said hello! Yes, Good night! Love you too dad,” with that said Taeyeon hung up.

 

After hearing the words ‘I love you’ made Jessica wonder if the two of them would ever say those three words to each other. Would she ever say it to him? Did it even matter? They’re still a long way from even being remotely close to being close. She let out a sigh and watched her fiancé put his laptop away.

 

“Let’s go to bed,” Taeyeon smiled standing up and holding a hand out to Jessica.

 

The two of them walked up the steps together. They gave each other a sincere smile and a small wave before they went into their respective rooms.

 

 

•••

 

BEEP BEEP BEE—

 

A groan came from the lump in the middle of the bed. Looking at the time on his phone, he let out a small curse before pulling the bed sheets off him. It was exactly five in the morning. His body is used to waking up at this time, however today it was difficult to find the strength to get out of bed.

 

Getting up, he walked to his closet and grabbed his favorite workout clothes. He changed quickly throwing his pajamas in the hamper. Grabbing his favorite pair of Nike trainer shoes, he sat at the edge of the bed and laced up. Scanning his room, he grabbed his car keys, wallet, and air pods before walking out of his room and jogging down the stairs to leave.

 

Sitting in his car, he started the engine and drove off. He glanced at the time and it was only a quarter after five. He began to plan out his morning. He’d get to the gym by five thirty… Jessica’s class starts at nine… So he would have to be done at the gym at most at seven. Of course, he had to make sure that Jessica had breakfast and had a packed lunch for the day. The latest they could leave their lovely abode would be eight thirty to get to her school just in time for her to walk straight to her first class.

 

“Taeyeon you can do this!” he pumped his fist as he continued to drive.

 

 

 

•••

 

 

Taeyeon did his usual routine. Cardio as a warmup before doing his weight sets. Today was Monday which meant it was chest day. When he had checked his watch, it was ten minutes till seven. Quickly going to his gym locker, he wiped his sweat with a towel before heading out.

 

Entering their shared house, the house was still dark and quiet. He set his gym back down by the door and walked towards the back to the kitchen and living room. Before he could start anything, he went to the windows and drew the blinds to let the natural light in. Happy with the free and natural lighting, he got to work in the kitchen. Taeyeon was quite good a cooking, especially since he’s been on his own at an early age when he went off to college. He cooked an American style breakfast; toast, eggs, and bacon.

 

After washing his hands, he wipes his hands with the

Please log in to read the full chapter