Mistake

The Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krekk

 

"Mina?" Sana looked so happy to hear the sound of the door opening.

"Sana? Do you fell better now?” Mina asked.

"Ahh, finally you go home," Sana said then suddenly came to hug Mina.

"It looks like you haven't seen me for a long time," Mina was laughing.

"Hey, Mina ..." Sana said in a serious tone.

"Hmm, huh?" Asked Mina.

"With whom did you spend your night, huh?" Sana asked with a seductive look.

"What?" Mina began to panick.

"I can see the kiss mark, Mina," Sana said in a teasing tone.

"K-kiss ... mark?" Mina tried to look innocent.

"Aigoo, who is the lucky guy?" Sana asked while giggling.

"I didn’t spend my night with anyone, Sana," Mina was trying to hide the truth.

"Then what is on your neck?" Sana tried to make Mina admit it.

"Th-this? Ma-maybe just a mosquito bite?” Mina answered haltingly.

"Mosquitoes in the winter?" Sana was even more tempting Mina. "Alright, I won't force you anymore. But, don't forget to tell me. "

Mina may felt relief for awhile, but the guilty feeling continued to haunt her. Sleeping with her best friend's boyfriend? It never crossed her mind to do that. However, liquor took her consciousness and made her act out of her will last night.

 

—Flashback—

 

Mina woke up from her sleep and the first thing she found was a man sitting on the edge of the bed without wearing clothes. Without thinking, Mina immediately saw what was under the blanket and it turned out everything was as expected.

"Are you awake?" the man who only showed his back to Mina, asked.

"Jeo-jeongyeon ?!" Mina was surprised to hear that voice.

"Sorry.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean it..” Jeongyeon said in a guilty voice.

"W-what happened last night?" Mina asked.

"You are drunk and me too, then we ... ah, I hate myself," Jeongyeon said while hitting his head.

Mina immediately got up and stopped Jeongyeon to hurt himself. What she did next was hugging Jeongyeon from behind and trying to calm him down. Mina knew that it was not entirely Jeongyeon's fault.

"It is okay. It's not your fault, Jeongyeon, "Mina tried to calm Jeongyeon.

"How should I face Sana now?" Jeongyeon asked then turned to Mina.

"Suppose all of this never happened. Forget everything, "Mina touched Jeongyeon's right cheek with her hand.

"This is the second time I've made a mistake like this..” Jeongyeon rested his forehead on Mina's shoulder.

"You mean you've slept with another woman?" Mina asked.

"Yes and.. she’s having my baby now. I'm a bad guy, right? "Jeongyeon cried on Mina's shoulder.

Mina didn't want to say anything because she knew that what Jeongyeon needed was not to be blamed, but be calmed. Mina hugged Jeongyeon and kissed his shoulder so that he would calm down.

 

—Flashback End—

—————————————————————

***

—The next day—

 

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

 

I immediately ran towards the door and opened it. How surprised I was to find Sana in front of me with a smile on her face. There's no need to doubt, my heart must be pounding because of her presence.

"S-sana?" I looked at her in surprise.

"Strawberry cheesecake for you!" She said while showing a plastic bag containing a cake box.

"Gosh, Sana ... I just joked yesterday," I said with a laugh.

"Even though you're just joking, I will still give this to you," she said with her sweet smile. "Can I come in and we enjoy this strawberry cheesecake? Or do you want to enjoy these two pieces of cake alone? "

"I don't think I'm going to eat those alone," I invited her to enter my apartment.

We both enjoyed the cake together in my apartment. I can't deny the joy I feel. I feel like my heart wants to get out of my chest. I don't know whether Sana was aware of that or not.

"Chaeyoung?" she called.

"Yes?" I replied while enjoying her strawberry cheesecake.

"You look happy today," she said with a smile. Oh, no ... she realized it!

"Thanks to strawberry cheesecake," I replied, lifting my plate with strawberry cheesecake on top of it.

"So, this is not because of me?" Sana asked bluntly. Oh my god, did she know?

"Eh ... of course because of you too," I answered awkwardly.

"Great," she said while giggling.

"Oh, yeah... did you guys close the shop?”

"Because yesterday I was sick, Mina and I chose to close the shop today."

"I think it's a good choice. You need a rest too."

"Yeah, I know.”

For a moment, the atmosphere was so quiet and all we did was enjoy our cake. While eating my cake, I looked at her face without realizing it. She never changed. Not only did her face remain the same, her attitude was still the same. It made me feel the same for her even though he didn't remember me at all.

"Chaeyoung ..." she called me with a serious look.

"What's wrong?"

"Have you ever thought about marriage?"

"Ma.. marriage?"

"Yes, have you thought about that?"

 

—Flashback—

Every night, I always sit on the beach enjoying the night breeze and the melodious sound of the waves in my ears. Somehow it was very pleasant for me. That was one of the things that made me grateful to be stranded in that place.

"Boo!" Someone suddenly hugged me from behind. I turned my face to see who the culprit was and it turned out that I found Mina smiling at me.

"You surprise me, Mina!" I told her.

"I'm sorry," she said while giggling.

She then let go of her arms and sat beside me. For quite a long time, we didn’t say a word and only enjoyed the sound of the waves and the wind. I really like that moment. Together with the girl I love.

"Chaeyoung .." he called and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Have you ever thought about 'marriage'?" She asked me.

"Sorry, I have never heard the word 'marriage' before. Can you explain to me? "I asked innocently.

She raised her head from my shoulder then looked at me. However, she did not immediately answer my question, but she laughed at me. I became confused because of that. This made me wonder what 'marriage' meant.

"I don't think the traders there have ever discussed 'marriage'," she said, trying to hold back her laughter.

"So, what is 'marriage'?" I asked innocently.

"When a man and woman determine to live together and have a family. Do you understand? "She explained to me. Ah, finally I understand the point.

"Ah, I understand now. We call it marriage. "

"Marriage? If so, have you ever thought about that?"

"To be honest, I'm thinking about it," I answered casually.

"Have you thought about getting married? Are there any girls you like? "She asked eagerly curiously.

"You seem so curious."

"Of course! I have to know who the girl you like is. "

"It's not the right time, Mina."

"Why can't you tell me yet? Come on, tell me! "

"Why are you so curious?"

"Because ... I want to marry you!"

I was suddenly shocked to hear that and immediately looked at her seriously. I saw her eyes glistening as if she wanted to cry. I also became surprised and panicked. Did I make her sad? Have I hurt her feelings?

"Please don't cry, Mina. The girl I want to ... "I said cut off by her sudden embrace. She hugged me very tightly and cried in my chest.

"Is that girl so much better than me? What is missing from me? I can fix it, Chaeyoung! "

"There is nothing less than you and the girl is not much better than you."

"Then do you want to marry me?" She looked at me with a sparkling look.

"Of course, Mina. You're the girl I like, "I said, kissing her forehead.

 

— Flashback End—

"Hmm, Chaeyoung?" Sana called me.

"Eh ... I haven't thought about that yet," I replied.

"Hmm ... do you think I'm too fast to think about that?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter