Emptiness

The Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snow began to fall. Suddenly, I remembered all of those beautiful memories. How sweet those memories. It made me want to repeat all of those memories, but I know it's impossible. I want to make new memories, but I am not with you anymore. Where should I look for you, Mina?

"Well, today we will discuss about Imjin's war. I think all of you know about it.”

I immediately put my attention on the professor. Somehow my heart was pounding. All the memories of the war were rolled back in my head like a movie. There's nothing I can forget even though four hundred years have passed. It's all in my memory even though I've been reborn.

"I will appoint one person to explain briefly about Imjin's war. You, at the corner, please tell us what you know about the Imjin war,” the professor pointing at me.

I stood up and began to tell everything that I have in my memory. All the things I know about the war. I told them everything. What I have experienced and felt during the war. Unconsciously, my tears began to flow.

"Let's give him applause! Your explanation is incredible, young man. You are telling all these things as if you were experiencing them. Good job!” The professor giving applause. The other students also giving applause to me.

I can only say thank you and sit back. Somehow I can not control my emotions. Tried to remember all of those things make my feelings mixed up. I really miss her. Mina, how much longer should I wait?

—————————————————————
"Chaeyoung, over here!"

I went to the table where my two best friends were waiting for me. They greeted me and I only fake smiled to them. Honestly, my feelings were still mixed up. It was so hard to me.

"Hey, I hear that the professor praise you again?" Momo, my best friend since high school, asked.

"You don’t need to ask that again, Momo. You know he's very good at Korean history,” Jeongyeon, my best friend in college, said.

"You’re the best, Chaeyoung ~" Momo pinched my cheeks.

"Be patient with Momo. She always does that,” Jeongyeon said while patting my shoulder.

"Just say you're jealous, Jeongyeon ~" Momo also pinched Jeongyeon's cheeks.

"Keep your hands off my face," Jeongyeon removing Momo's hands.

"You’re so mean. Chaeyoung is better, "Momo suddenly hugged me.

Look how they can cheer me up with their behavior. It’s a common thing for them who already know each other since childhood. While I just got to know Momo during high school and Jeongyeon in college.

"Hey, Let’s go to karaoke! Today, I will treat you all! "Jeonyeon said excitedly.

"What is this? Looks like you're so excited today,” Momo said.

"What do you think?" Jeongyeon asked with a his suspicious smile.

"Your girlfriend will come to Korea?" I asked curiously.

"What? Really?” Momo asked in surprise.

"So .. your guess is right, Chaeyoung! Ah, I’m so excited,” Jeongyeon can’t hide his smile.

"What? Why did Sana not tell me?” Momo asked with disappointment.

"Maybe because I'm his boyfriend? Of course, she told me first,” Jeongyeon replied.

"There's no way Sana did not tell me first," Momo said annoyance.

"It’s not that she doesn’t want to tell you. You guys have been friends since childhood,” I tried to calm Momo.

"Then how long is she here?" Momo asked.

“She will stay here," replied Jeongyeon.

"What? Then how about her business in America?” Momo looked surprised.

"She will open a new business here with Mina," Jeongyeon replied.

My heart suddenly pounding. Every time I hear someone mention that name, there’s always a small hope in my heart. Hoping that she's the one I've been looking for. Is it probably her? I don’t know, but I hope so.

"So, Mina also come here? Why did they not tell me? How can they forget me,” Momo said sadly.

"Aigoo, Momo don’t worry. Soon they will tell you. I know this first because I suggested them, "Jeongyeon pinching Momo's cheek. "You're so cute when upset.”

"How am I not upset? They didn’t tell me,” Momo said.

"They will tell you, Momo. We all have been together since childhood,” Jeongyeon smiled and Momo's head.

"Ehem ahem .." I pretended to cough in front of them. "When will they come?"

"Hmm .. maybe next month. Why?”Jeongyeon asked.

"Ehm .. I just .." I said then interrupted by Momo.

"Are you curious about Jeongyeon's girlfriend? So far, Jeongyeon never showed you a photo of his girlfriend, did he?” Momo asked like she know what was in my mind.

"Ah, right .. I never showed you her photo.” Jeongyeon said then laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter