Gift

The Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah, sorry, I'm just kidding," I said, then laughed.

"Actually, I believe in reincarnation and maybe what you say is true," she said and smiled at me.

"Then if it is true, what relationship we had?” I asked boldly.

"Hmm .. siblings? I feel you have the right attitude as an older brother. "

"Ehm .. interesting," I’m such an idiot. How can I expect her to answer differently.

"Have we met or not in the past, the important thing is the current life, isn’t it?”

"Yes .. I guess so. I'm glad to see you (again). "

"I also glad to meet you. You're a very interesting person, Chaeyoung. "

"Is it true? Do not you think I'm a boring person? "

"Not at all."

"I didn’t expect that. Hmm, well I guess I'm going home now. "

"Ah, wait! Let's exchange phone numbers! "

"Oh okay."

We exchanged our phone numbers and that's when I could not deny that I was happy. After that, I said good-bye to her and walked out of their apartment. Excitedly, I walked around ignoring others. I kept smiling along the way. Sana, Sana, Sana .. only she's in my mind right now.

 

Ring! Ring!

Suddenly I get a call. My heart was pounding and I was really happy. I hope that was a call from Sana. However, the reality is not as beautiful as expectations.

"Chaeyouuunggg."

"What's up, Dahyun? You're not drunk, are you? "

"Who's drunk? I’m not drunk! Come to me. I know you need a place to vent now. "

"I'm sorry for the last night."

"It is okay. I know you're having a hard time, man. So come to my place now. "

"All right, all right."

 

—————————————————————

"So tell me whatever you want to tell me now," Dahyun, my best friend since childhood, said.

"I just met her.”

"Then? What were you doing?"

"I just talked to her.”

"She doesn’t recognize you at all?"

"I don’t think so. I'm just an acquaintance to her now"

"It must be hard. Wait! I'll get you a drink. "

Dahyun walked to the fridge and picked up two cans of soft drinks. He then put the drinks on the table and sat back down in front of me. He seemed so eager to listen to my sad story. How lucky I am to have a best friend.

"How big a mess I made in your bar yesterday?" I asked in a guilty tone.

"Hmm .. yeah, yesterday you hit three people and you broke two bottles in front of everyone."

"Ah, I'm sorry, Dahyun. I must be very troublesome for you. "

"That's nothing compared to what I did. Did you know I was taken to the police station? And you helped me out of that place. "

"We're both crazy, are not we?"

"You’re just realize it now?"

We laughed out loud at our stupidity. This is what we are like. It never changes and is always like this. Laugh at ourselves and mock each other. However, don’t forget that we also always share everything with each other. Share stories, share grief, share happiness, and share secrets. That's why he knows my secret.

"Oh, yes. Then what about Mina? After knowing that she's dating your bestfriend, what are you going to do? "

"Hey, why are you always so cynical?"

"Because I never trusted him. I'm sure he never thinks you as a bestfriend. "

"Are you jealous? Aigoo, I never thought you were jealous ~ "

"Alright. It's up to you. Why don’t you answer my question? So what are you going to do? "

"I have not thought about it yet, but I don’t think I can break her relationship with Jeongyeon."

"It must be very hard to see the person you love with the person you call bestfriend."

"But what can I do? I do not want to spoil her happiness. She’s also with the right person. "

"The right person? I feel you're the right person. Four hundred years have passed, but your feelings never changes. But, what about that guy? Maybe just see a y and hot girl, his heart can change. "

"That’s not true! You don’t know how much Jeongyeon loves Sana! "

"But you love her more !!"

"Dahyun, enough! Please don’t make me more confused. "

"I-I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. Sorry I'm out of control. "

"It is okay. Let's forget this for a moment. "

I took a can of soft drinks and opened it and drank it. The atmosphere is so tense and I can not be in this atmosphere with Dahyun. I had to calm myself first. It’s more dangerous if I'm also out of control. I don’t want to see a bloody scene in this place.

"Chaeyoung .." he called.

"Hemm .." I replied briefly.

"The woman who picked you up yesterday .. she's Momo, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"May I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter