Begin

The Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s note: Maybe I have to remind you that this is a fantasy story ㅋㅋㅋ

—————————-

 

Buzz Buzz

"Is it from Momo? "I asked myself then took my handphone.

 

From: XXXXXXXXXX

5 pm at Tom Cafe. Don’t forget to bring my coat.

 

"Ah, right! I must return the coat. I almost forgot, "I said.

I took the coat and put it in my backpack. After that, I left my apartment and walked to the subway. Today, I will help Sana and Mina to clean and decorate their new store. Of course Momo and Jeongyeon also would help them. It seems we all can not wait to see the opening of their new store.

 

—————————————————————

"Oh, Chaeyoung! You’re early,” Mina was surprised to see me.

"Momo and Jeongyeon haven’t arrived yet?" I asked them.

"No, they haven’t arrived yet," Sana replied.

"So, what can I do for you?" I asked them.

"Ah, can you lift that box and bring it to the kitchen?" Mina asked me.

"Of course!" I replied with enthusiasm.

I put my backpack on a chair near by and lifted the box as Mina ordered. The box was big enough to block my sight and I accidentally nudged Sana. At that time, she was holding some small glasses made of ceramic. Because of me, the glasses fell and broke.

"Gosh! I'm sorry! "I panicked and immediately put the box on the floor.

"What's up?" Mina asked in panic.

"Ah, it's okay! I can fix this, "Sana said and began to take the broken glasses with her hand.

"Ouch!"

"My God, your finger is hurt!" I panicked and immediately took out my handkerchief. I used that to stop the bleeding. "I am really, really sorry. Let me fix this. "

"It’s okay. This is not your fault, " she said with a smile to me.

"Wait.. I’ll get you a bandage," I said then took the bandage that was inside my bag.

"Are you all right, Sana?" Mina asked.

"It’s okay. It's just a small wound, "she said with a smile.

"I'll put this for you," I said as I walked back to Sana with a bandage in my hand.

"You don’t need to panic, Chaeyoung," she said, trying to calm me down.

"You got hurt because of my carelessness. How can I stay calm?,” I said then asked her to give her hand. I put a bandage on her injured finger. I’m so worried.

"Thank you, Chaeyoung," she said with a sweet smile and my heart start beating fast.

"Don’t touch it again. Let me take care of it, "I tried to forbid her.

"Alright, alright. You're so cute, Chaeng, "she said, ruffling my hair. Then, she stood up and left me. For a moment, I froze and could feel my face turning red. I was really surprised by what she done to me.

"Hello, everyone!" Jeongyeon just came with Momo.

"Why are you so late?”Sana asked.

"Please blame this kid. She did her make up too long, " Jeongyeon replied, pointing at Momo.

"Momo, we’re here to clean up. Why did you do that?” Mina said and laughed.

"Ah, I think I know the reason," Sana said and took a glance at me.

"What?” I asked in surprise.

"Aigoo, I just .. eh, wait! What's wrong with your finger, Sana? "Momo asked in panic.

"I broke the glass and I got hurt," Sana replied.

"Aigoo, you must be careful. Should I bring some medicine?, "Jeongyeon asked as he held her hand.

"Ah, I'm sorry that.."

"No need! It's just a small wound. We'd better go ahead and clean up, "Sana interrupted me.

Then, we continued to clean and decorate the place until late afternoon. After that, I asked them permission to leave first because I have to return the coat. They laughed at me because I was too formal with them by asking permission. Yes, here I am. The stubborn Joseon warrior in the modern world.

 

—————————————————————

Tom Cafe, 5.17 P.M.

 

"Ah, sorry I'm late," I said and bowed in front of that man.

"I just need my coat and this is your coat,” he said as he gave my coat back.

"Ah, this is your coat! I'm really sorry about yesterday, "I once again bowed in front of that person.

"I don’t think we have any business anymore, do we?" the man asked,  preparing to leave.

"Eh .. yes,  I th- .." I stopped when I realized something about that person.

"Why do you see me like that?" he asked me coldly.

I remember him. Once, he was one of the soldiers sent by the Ming Dynasty to help us against the Japanese invasion. Yeah, I remember meeting him once. In fact, I was with him on one ship.

 

-Flashback-

"You don’t look like a Joseon warrior. You must be a warrior from the Ming Dynasty, "I said.

"Is there a problem with that?" The man asked me.

"Oh? You understand what I said.”

"If you don’t like me, I'll go," he said so coldly.

"You're so cold. I just want to know you. My name is Park Chaeyoung. Nice to meet you."

"Tzuyu."

"Are the soldiers of the Ming Dynasty indeed trained to behave like this? You’re so scary.”

-Flashback End-

 

"You're wasting my time," he said and left me.

"That guy has never changed," I muttered.

"Hoi, Son Chaeyoung!" Someone patted me on my shoulder.

I turned my face and found a woman beside me. I immediately recognized her face. Park Jihyo, one of my high school friends who is close to me and one of the guys who knows my secret.

"Jihyo? Why are you here? "I asked in surprise.

"My God, it's my cafe. Can not I be here” she replied to me.

"This is your cafe ?!"

"It seems we have lost contact for too long. Yes, this is my cafe.”

"Well, I guess so. I don’t know that you have a cafe now. "

"Looks like you spilled hot coffee on that guy's coat yesterday?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter