Truth

The Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaeyoung!" I could feel someone was back-hugging me.

"Aigoo, you startled me," I turned around then her head.

"Where's my kiss?” she asked, looking at me. I kissed her left cheek, but she did not seem satisfied. "Not there, but here," she said, pointing at her lips.

"What if i don’t want to kiss you?” I asked her

"Ah, I can’t wait anymore," she suddenly kissed my lips. I kissed her back.

"Sana, thanks," I said with a smile.

"For what?" she asked me in surprise.

"I just want to say thank you," I said and kissed her again.

~~~

Ring ring! Ring ring!

 

"Ugh, who's calling me this morning?" I muttered while searching for my handphone.

"Hello?" I said lazily.

"Hey, Chaeyoung! Where are you? It's already 12 o'clock. Are not you coming?” His screams made me startled and woke up.

"It's 12 o'clock ?!" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah, Chaeyoung. Do not tell me you just woke up."

"Oh, .. yes, I just woke up, Jeongyeon."

"What? Wow, it’s so rare to see you late, "I can hear he laughing at me.

"I'll be there soon. Bye,” I immediately ended the call and chose to take a bath.

As the water ran down my entire body, I suddenly remembered that dream again. My heart began to pound and my face started to feel hot because of it. I .. kissing Sana? I immediately touched my lips while remembering the scene. Unconsciously I smiled at it. Ah, no, no! I should not be like this! Son Chaeyoung, are you crazy? I immediately slapped my right cheek. Finally, I let the water flow cool my face.

"I'm totally crazy," I muttered as I ruffled my hair under the running water.

 

—————————————————————

"Momo! Jeongyeon! "I say breathlessly.

"Hey, come here!" Jeongyeon calls me to sit next to him.

I walked over to them and sat next to Jeongyeon. I could see their faces seemed to want to laugh at me. This is not a common thing to me.

"Why do you get oversleep?" Momo asked, trying to suppress her laughter.

"I do not know, either," I answered and sighed.

"I know, I know," said Jeongyeon and then suddenly hugged and whispered, "You've been dreaming something.. nice, have not you?"

I immediately swallowed my saliva and suddenly my heart pounded again because it reminded me of that dream again. I was feeling guilty because I dreamt about Sana, my own best friend’s girlfriend. What kind of friend am I? It made me unable to look at Jeongyeon's face.

"What are you talking about?" Momo asked in surprise.

"Ah, nothing, nothing!," Jeongyeon replied and winked at me.

"Wet dream, isn’t it?" Momo asked, propping her chin on the table.

I choked by my own saliva when I heard it. Jeongyeon immediately laughed out loud. Since when was Momo, who was so innocent, thought something like that? I could not say anything and just saw Jeongyeon who looked so happy.

"Aigoo, I don’t know you would say something like that,” Jeongyeon said, ruffling Momo's hair.

"I'm not as stupid as ever," Momo said as she looked away from Jeongyeon. I can see her blush because of Jeongyeong, even though she's trying to hide it. Ever since I found out about her feelings, I always noticed her behaviour when she was near Jeongyeon.

"That means I can’t fool you again," Jeongyeon said and laughed again.

"Geez .." Momo said in an annoyed tone.

"When can I see you get along?" I asked, smiling at both of them.

"No way," Jeongyeon replied and pinched Momo's cheeks. I realized Momo's face flushed after that. First, because Jeongyeon pinched it. Secondly, because Jeongyeon is the one who do that. Somehow I feel like I'm seeing a picture of myself.

"Next week, Nayeon will have a party. Are you coming?” Momo asked.

"Who's Nayeon?" I asked.

"Ah, she's our old friend," Jeongyeon replied.

"Oh, that's your friend," I said, nodding.

"So, do you want to come?" Momo asked again.

"Of course! I’m Jeongyeon, the one who never reject any party,” Jeongyeon said confidently.

"Okay, okay. I should not have to ask that question,” Momo said with a disinterested look.

"Don’t you want to come?" Jeongyeon asked.

"No, I'm too lazy to come. You know I'm not the kind of person who likes to party.” Momo replied.

"Aigoo, when are you going to get a boyfriend if you like this?" Jeongyeon asked as he pinching Momo’s cheeks again.

"Never mind. You better get going. You have a class, right?”  Momo said monotonously.

"Gosh, right! I have to go! Bye,” Jeongyeon said then left in a hurry.

"So, what will we gonna do right now?," I began the conversation with Momo.

"Who was in your dream?" Momo discussed about my dream again.

"No one," I lied.

"The one you love, wasn’t it?" she asked while giggling.

"Yes.. that's it," I replied curtly. "How is your relationship with Dahyun?"

"This must be your idea," she said, looking at me.

"I just helped him. He got a crush on you,” I giggled.

"Is it true? I don’t believe it.”

"Alright. It's up to you. But I was surprised because you accepted his offer.”

"Is it something wrong?"

"I don’t think you're the kind of person who will easily accept something like that, especially from the new people."

"Sometimes I have to get out of my comfort zone, right? I don’t think there's anything wrong with that.”

"Well.. the important thing is everything was going well. If he messes with you, just let me know,” I winked to her.

"Alright, my bodyguard ~" she said while smiling to me.

 

—————————————————————

***

I saw snow falling from the sky. The children began to look happy and play with the falling snow. Seeing them makes me smile and think of my childhood. I remember the first time I saw snow in Korea. I was 8 years old and just moved from Japan. I was so excited at the time that I ran around and ignored my surroundings. Finally, I hit a boy unintentionally. He was neither crying nor angry. All he did was smiling and introducing himself. That was my first meeting with Jeongyeon.

 

Beep! Beep!

 

A car pulled up right in front of our store and I saw Jeongyeon coming out of the car. He smiled at me and came straight to me. He hugged me very tight and I could feel my heart start pounding. Not only my heart, I felt the pounding of his heart. After several years of relationships, we are still like this.

"Sorry, I'm late," he said, my head. “Let’s go?”

Jeongyeon opened the car door for me and I entered his car. It had become a habit for him. Although I told him not to do that, he still do it anyway. He said it’s his duty. I honestly can’t deny that I am happy to be treated like that.

"Why are you smiling?” He asked while sitting on the driver's seat.

"I feel very lucky," I replied while smiling.

"Because?" He didn’t seem to understand what I was saying.

"Because of the person next to me," I said and kissed his right cheek.

"Geez.." he said then ruffled my hair.

"Let's go before I'm late."

"All right, princess," he said and started to drive.

 

—15 minutes later—

 

"You're going to Nayeon's party, right?" Jeongyeon asked as he drove.

"Yes, me and Mina will go. You too, right? "I asked him back.

"Of course! Someone like me.. "

"Never reject a party, is it?"

"Yes, you are absolutely right," he again ruffled my hair.

"And what about Momo?"

"Ah, that girl.. always too lazy to come. When will she get a boyfriend then? "

"Well.. she isn’t  the type of person who likes to go to party."

"Just like Chaeyoung. I think they're two matches.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter