IX.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun woke up again but instead of met by a serene morning she jolted awake when Seungwan was cladded in her sports wear with a devious smirk, next to her was a readied Yerim with a similar look but an even more devilish grin. Joohyun was scared to say the least.

 

Her hangover was lighter thanks to the medication and water her wife left her. Seungwan already laid out her clothes and instructed her wife to ‘get ready quickly as they have a packed schedule’… for what?

 

The 3 enjoyed a hearty breakfast and Joohyun was still clueless as ever. But her jaw dropped when she saw Seungwan’s silver jeep from back in the day stuffed with camping supplies.

 

“SURPRISE!”

 

“Yerim really wanted to go camping so why not have a little fun and show her what we used to do when we first started dating.” Seungwan grinned.

 

“Not everything though?” Joohyun smirked which her wife chuckled and nodded.

 

Seeing as they lived in the suburbs of Seoul, the drive was only about 3.5 hours. Yerim was ecstatically playing on her mum’s phone during the driver.

 

“Let’s play a game.”

 

“I’m already playing candy crush though.”

 

“Come on Yerm, listen to your mum. No more screen time until later.”

 

“Okay, this game is called ‘harbour’”

 

Seungwan almost swerved the car “That’s a drinking game Hyun.”

 

“It’s okay, I’ve made a kid friendly version.”

 

“The ship pulled into the harbour and was carrying purple things.”

 

“Eggplant.”

 

“Grapes”

 

“Barney”

 

“Technically that’s fusia but I’ll let it pass.”

 

“beetroot”

 

“purple maize”

 

“Mum’s hickey”

 

“SON-BAE YERIM!!” both her parents screamed at her answer: she really was too smart for her own good.

 

“What? It’s not my fault you guys go at it all the time. The walls in our house aren’t that thin.”

 

Her parents reddened more. They gave her back the phone to avoid the awkward silence and just listened to the radio. Seungwan played a playlist of old western artists ‘educating’ her child with Sting and The police.

 

Another hour in and it was around lunch “I’m hungry~” Yerim whined

 

“OOOOO, mum look, Mcdaddies please can we get some nuggets? Please, pwease?”

 

“Yerm, I packed healthy snack though.” All the little girl had to do was put and the next thing they knew; they were at the drive though. 20 nuggets later they were on the road again. Jamming to Yerim’s favourite dessert-five-piece.

 

“DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB.”

 

“This Wendy girl has amazing vocals… have you seen her Wan, she is fine.”

 

“You know you are married right? Anyway, I’m more of an Irene person. Her resting -face is a total turn on.” She earned a hard slap

 

“YAH!! I can have a face if I wanted to.” Her wife pouted

 

“Sure baby.” She chuckled

 

They soon arrived at the camping site and parked their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter