II.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We had 3 huge fights and they were the last straws for me

 

Seungwan was reminded of those painful nights, they would bicker usually as she forgot to go food shopping, broke her promises with Yerim and came home too late in the night. She wouldn't describe these fights as toxic... yet Joohyun must have thought differently. But these 3 fights were the worst they had in their entire time together…each one got worse and worse if that was possible and it must have led to these divorce papers right in front of Seungwan along her with fallen tears and dignity.

 

-----

 

Fight 1:

 

Joohyun parked her car in her reserved space at the company. She looked up at the sign for ‘Mrs. Son’ and smiled at the little girl in her car seat behind her.

 

“Ready to surprise mum Yerim-ah?”

 

“Yes!! I hope she likes the lunch we made for her.” the kid said looking with hopeful eyes. Her and her mother walked straight into the building: glass walls, beautiful plants… urban café vibe that was very welcoming. Yerim loved her mum’s building and wanted to work there herself just like her Seungwan mummy. They walked to the private lift on the side that went straight to Seungwan’s office on the 10th floor. As they came out Seungwan’s assistant greeted them.

 

“Aunt Sooyoung!”

 

“Wow, hello there munchkin. You’ve grown so tall since I last saw you.”

 

“That’s because mummy feeds me vegetables to help me grow.”

 

“Of course she does. Hey Joohyun-unnie.”

 

“Hi Sooyoung, how are you love? How’s Seul?”

 

“Lovely as ever… she’s got her photography exhibition soon.”

 

“Oh, from when you guys went to Japan?”

 

“Yep… that’s the one.”

 

“Awesome, well we’ll definitely be there fore support. And how is little Saeron? She’s turning 3 soon right? Gosh, time sure does fly.”

 

“It really does, I still remember the days where she would play pranks on me and her Bear mum and I would coo her saying stuff like ‘Oh, that’s my little Satan’s spawn, I’m so proud, like mother like daughter.” She cackled her hellish laugh.

 

“Poor Seul, dealing with two Satan’s must be hard. But Saeron and Yerim should have a play date soon…. They adore each other.”

 

“Yes for sure… can you imagine if they get together in the future and make beautiful lesbian babies… that’s 3 generation of gays!!”

 

“Oh god, I don’t want to think of Yerim dating just yet…. But that would be super cute, I admit. Anyway, thanks for clearing Seungwan’s schedule for me, Yerim just really missed her and we thought homemade lunch would be a good idea.”

 

“She’s definitely more stressed than usual, we have these big investors closing in on us, but I think it will be refreshing seeing you guys.”

 

“I hope so. She hasn’t been too hard on you right. Tell me if she is because I need an excuse to punish her.” Joohyun smirked.

 

“Unnie! I don’t need to know about your non-existent life please.”

 

“Alright, alright I’ll spear your ears…. This time.” She gave another smirk and chuckled. Oh no, the bunny is back.

 

The mother and daughter duo then walked into the large wooden doors into a massive office: signature ceiling to floor windows, edgy furniture but very homey with the many photo frames filled with loved ones as well as Yerim’s art from pre-school stuck on the large whiteboard.

 

A woman could be seen slumping her head on the table out of frustration. Her wife decided to “Yah, Son Seungwan. Stop slacking off your work.”

 

“Huh? Oh, babe.” Seungwan stood from her chair and went toward her ecstatic little bundle of joy.

 

“Hello trouble. Oh, what do we have here?” She asked as she tickled the child.

 

“Me and Mama came to surprise you… I made you kimbap. Sowry if it’s a bit messy… I tried my best.” Yerim bowed her head.

 

“Hey, trouble… look at me.” She lifted the youngling’s head to meet her caring eyes. “Thank you, trying your best is all I could ever ask for. I’m sure it will be delicious.” She gave her the widest smile and her body shook when the 4-year-old jumped into her embrace. “Oh, and it is mama and I.”

 

The crouched woman heard a chuckle “You really just love to correct her grammar, don’t you?”

 

Seungwan stood up to be height level with her goddess of a wife. “You know me; I just can’t resist myself.” She greeted her with a kiss and a stoke of her hair.

 

“Well, how about we go eat this on the balcony as the weather is perfect?”

 

“YES!! I love the view.” Yerim ran to the sliding doors and made her way outside.

 

Seungwan wrapped her arms around her wife who was trembling at the thought of the high rise building.

 

“Y-you know I hate heights.” She grumbled

 

“Come on Hyun, live a little. We’re not getting any younger… or at least you’re not.” She was met with a smack on the shoulder. “I’m glad our little troublemaker got my braveness… take my hand love.” They went onto the balcony hands intertwined.

 

“alright my little mess-maker, comfy?” Seungwan as her girl who was situated on Joohyun’s lap. While eating the prepared lunch: she looked at her little family and was in awe. She remembered the day that Yerim was born.

 

-Flashback-

 

Seungwan ran through the hospital at full speed after she got the call about Joohyun going into labour. She crashed into a few nurses and loosed her tie in a bother. She busted into room 77 and just saw her wife sitting with a hurt looked on her face. She ran over to the sweating girl.

 

“Baby, hey. You okay? Did they give the epidural yet?” Suddenly she felt her tie tighten around her neck as Joohyun got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter