VI.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun woke up with a foreign feeling… was that. It cannot be, could it be her wife in bed with her, first time in ages. She flipped over her side and was met by the woman she loved: soft eyes, chest heaving up and down, scrunched eyebrows as well as those kissable plump lips. Everything was weirdly relaxed and Joohyun felt at ease… for once. She brought her hands to her wife’s fluffy cheeks and caressed them softly earning a soft ruffle from the latter.

 

“Nghhh~” Joohyun stretched her aching limbs only to be bounded by Seungwan’s protective snuggle.

 

“Good morning sleepyhead” Seungwan cooed her stretching wife with her eyes closed.

 

“You’re up?”

 

“When the sun is awake then I’m awake… and you’re my sun.” she had a -eating smirk on yet her eyes remained closed.

 

“Ugh… its too early for your greasiness.” Joohyun complained and snuggled into the latters embrace more, dipping her nose into Seungwan’s slim, muscular jugular.

 

Joohyun turned her head and checked the clock and decided she could get her 40 winks before waking Yerim up for school, seeing it was Monday.

 

Joohyun was stirred awake when she felt a weight on her legs, she opened her eyes to be met with her wife straddling her lap with a smirk… her eyes grew wider and they made eye contact, more like eye.

 

“Mmhh… Joohyun I missed you.” Seungwan purred and leaned down to Joohyun who gulped hard and became flushed. As their lips were about to meet…

 

BANG!!

 

Joohyun jerked up from her slumber finding herself alone in the bedroom all hot and bothered. … just when it was getting good.

 

She huffed and turned to the clock… 10.30am. !! Yerim started school at 8.30am, how could Seungwan let her sleep in. She enjoyed the lie-in thoroughly but now was in a panic, assuming Seungwan went to work as usual she felt a pang of disappointment but let it slide as she ran out of bed to get ready… she was shouting her daughter’s name with the toothbrush in and one leg in her jeans... she was hopping into the kitchen and failed to notice an extra person.

 

“You okay there Bae?”

 

Joohyun chocked on her toothpaste when she saw her wife in casual clothing cooking breakfast. She noticed she wife’s smirk as her eyes trailed down to Joohyun’s exposed leg attempting to get changed.

 

“Seungwan what are you doing here?”

 

“I hope you don’t dress like that everyday when you drop Yerim off. The other parents would be scared off.” She teased.

 

Joohyun didn’t realise but she was shirtless only in her bra… she was never good at rushing.

 

“ert” she scoffed an went inside her room to be properly dressed. Once she emerged decent she sat adjacent from her wife and asked again.

 

“Seungwan dear”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Where is our daughter?” She asked with a sing-song voice.

 

“Oh, that little troublemaker is at school… I thought you deserved a good rest and dropped her off. I didn’t have the heart to wake you up. Yerim was a bit groggy this morning but shot right up when she heard I was dropping her off.” She continued cooking the breakfast.

 

Joohyun’s heart swelled when she heard of the kind gestures and sighed in relief. But curiosity peaked her interest.

 

“Sooo… aren’t you going into work?”

 

“Oh now you want me gone… last time I checked you wanted to divorce me because I work too much. Don’t have a secret lover do you Hyun?” Seungwan joked but was met with a hurt look on her wife’s face at the reminder.

 

“Too far?” Seungwan looked genuinely apologetic.

 

“A bit.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

They sat in awkward silence for a bit and Seungwan popped the cooked eggs onto her wife’s plate.

 

“sunny side up… just like me.” She grinned making a cute pose which earned a chuckle from Joohyun.

 

The 2 sat together and dived into the meal.

 

“Ugghh, Wan I missed your cooking. My mouth is literally ing at these eggs.”

 

“Sounds like you’ve been deprived of a good taste Hyun.” Seungwan said seductively which was countered by a slap to the shoulder.

 

“Shut up and eat your eggs Son.”

 

“I’ll eat your eggs”

 

“First. That’s disgusting and Second. Please don’t ruin my breakfast with your dirty mind.”

 

“Anything for you my Baeby~” she grinned back.

 

Joohyun was actually happy to see her wife back at home. It had been so long and she felt temporary contentment… divorce was stuffed at the back of her mind.

 

“Wannie?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“What is this?”

 

“These my darling… are called baguette, they are a French bread.” She ‘booped’ her wife’s button nose cutely.

 

“Baby, I know what a baguette is… I mean this.” She gestured to her wife’s presence.

 

“Oh… I thought that it would be better if I took the rest of the week off.”

 

“Huh?!” Joohyun widened her eyes. Who was this person? Her workaholic wife never took a week off, a weekend ant the most but only in emergencies like when Yerim broke her arm at the playground.

 

She cupped the later face “Who are you and what have you done with my Seungwannie?”

 

“Hyun, it me. I’m serious. I failed to realise my priorities which is my family. Look, I know it’s bad that divorce papers have made me realise this and I’m sorry. But you reminded me that I made a promise to you and my daughter and I need to be there for you guys. So I’m taking the week off … you are more important.”

 

Joohyun’s heart raced, she was taken aback by the kind words. She leaped onto her wife and kissed her hard with love and passion. Her mind did think: what happens when the week ends? Will things still go back to before? Should I withdraw the divorce papers? But she decided to dismiss them and only focus on the girl in front of her who she loved and adored.

 

“What about work? All your meetings?”

 

“Sooyoung is more than perfectly capable of handling them… it’s only for week. She’s a big girl now Hyun.” She chuckled and was met with another kiss.

 

“Are you sure about this Wan?”

 

“I have never been more sure about anything in my life… other than marrying the girls of my dreams and having a kick-arse daughter.” She smiled with sparkles in her eyes.

 

“Jesus, so greasy. Any who, what’s the plan for today?”

 

“Well, I’m going to go pick Yerim up from school early and then the rest is a surprise.” She smirked.

 

“Hun… she can’t miss school though.”

 

“Why not? I already got permission from the head and anyways she is way smarter than all those kids so she won’t be missing much, if you haven’t forgotten our child is a genius like her mother. I was thinking of taking her out for the entire week so we can have maximum tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter