III.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fight 2:

 

A couple of weeks after the last fight and everything continued. There was no resolve, they didn’t touch on the subject and it began a taboo. Seungwan was cautious of Joohyun and Yerim and tried to act as if nothing happened despite the hurt feelings. She knew it was wrong but didn’t have the heart to do anything about it.

 

Seungwan was very busy but promised to have Yerim for the afternoon to make up for last weeks’ scuffle. Yerim arrived with Sooyoung but no Joohyun; she didn’t want to see Seungwan as of now. Seungwan worked whilst Yerim sat on her lap and asked every once in a while what she was doing.

“Mummy, can I work in the company one day? Yerim jutted her lip out: Seungwan’s weakness.

 

Her mothered smiled and pecked her check “of course my darling, but remember what I said… only if you work hard. Persistence is key.”

 

“P-perpesent. What’s that?”

 

Seungwan chuckled at her kid’s mistake “Per-sis-tence. It is your word of the day. It means that you can endure any obstacles. To overcome something.”

 

“Ah! So like perseverance?” she said the word slowly in order to get her elocution correct.

 

“Aigoo~ my baby is so smart. You are going to do great things in the future Yerimmie.” She gave her longing eyes as well as a genuine smile of pride. Seungwan had a smug look that said ‘That’s.My.Kid’.

 

Seungwan took a break to play with Yerim, they danced a little and giggled but were interrupted when Sooyoung came in huffing.

 

“Seungwan, your 4 o’ clock meeting with Choi is now!”

 

“Christ!” Seungwan left Yerim to stare in the middle of the office, as she packed her things Sooyoung said “Shall I take Yerim back home?”

 

Seungwan covered she daughter’s ears as she scooped her up “Do you want Joohyun to cut off my non-existent balls? I’ll take her to the meeting, come with me to watch over her please.” Sooyoung nodded and followed the 2 into the car.

 

Seungwan kissed Yerim’s head before going in “Behave for aunt Sooyoung and well go out after this for bingsu.” She bid goodbye and smiled.

 

Sooyoung played with Yerim for a while and picked up Joohyun’s call “Yobeseyo?”

 

“Sooyoung where is my wife and daughter? Seungwan isn’t answering her calls.” Sooyoung needed to lie to help her boss.

 

“She and Yerim went to a movie: I think they were showing Coco and Yerim really wanted to see it.” Good job Sooyoung.

 

“Oh that’s sweet of her. Okay, whew, I was starting to get worried. Thanks Sooyoung, I owe you one.” She ended the call and let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter