VIII.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 2 parents woke up engulfed in each others warmth. Seungwan was the first to be awoken and gawked at her wife’s beauty. Her pale skin like Snow White, raven coloured locks cascading her cute forehead, perfectly shaped nose that shadows well rounded lips with a distinctive cupid’s bow. Joohyun’s lips were so pink and plump and Seungwan was so tempted to grab lean forward and capture them yet she considered the circumstances.

 

“You’re staring” Seungwan jerked and became red of embarrassment at the fact that she was caught.

 

“I didn’t know that admiring art was a crime” the hamster smirked and received a jab at the cheesy comment.

 

“So… who’s going to wake Yerim up?”

 

“DIBS NOT IT” both of the women said simultaneous

 

“No way… I know we let her off school but I never like waking her up on the weekends… she’s scary. Did you know that our daughter is Satan’s spawn when it comes to sleeping?”

 

“Wan, you’re such a . One day you’re like ‘Ahhh Yerimmie my angel’ and now you just admitted you’re scared of her.”

 

“Hey, last time she threw a shoe at me… the show was on the floor. But then it gets worse, she then pulled out a Swiss-Army knife on me. Like, where did she even get that?”

 

“You gave it to her for your promised camping trip that never happened, remember?” Seungwan was reminded and smirked, she would keep that plan for later though.

 

“So Hyun… your turn today.”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not? She’s your daughter.”

 

“She’s yours too Wan. Literally and figuratively. No refunds.”

 

“Fine.” The snowman grumbled but both parents were surprised to hear heavy footsteps in front of their door and then a jumping squirtle on their bed.

 

“Good morning Mothers”

 

“Who are you and what have you done with our Yerimmie?”

 

“Can’t I just be happy for once mum?” Yerim flashed her signature grin and her mother’s hearts melted… how could they deny this devil in the guise of their angel, baby girl. The two women scooped her u-p and started tickling her up, dolphin screams were yelled as Seungwan tickled both brunettes furiously and with a devilish smirk and vindictive laugh… Maybe her devil child was her daughter after all.

 

The Bae-Son’s were sprawled out on the duvet for a solid couple of hours and then started getting ready to attend Seulgi’s art exhibition downtown. While Joohyun prepared Yerim, Seungwan cooked them some breakfast. After they ate, Seungwan gave Yerim some extra academic questions to busy herself whilst her and her wife get ready; the 5-year old accepted with a huff and low mumble along the lines of ‘why do I have to be so smart?’

 

Joohyun was deciding what to wear in her humongous walk-in closet which was lined with designer bags, shoes and couture. All of a sudden someone jumped out of her dress collection and scared her.

 

“WAN!! DON’T DO THAT” her joker of a wife just chuckled

 

“Hun, look. I came out of the closet: literally.” Joohyun laughed at her wife’s childish antics despite the cringy pun.

 

Seungwan then wrapped her arms around the older’s waist and rested her nose in the back of her neck; inhaling her every scent. She seductively mumbled on the back of her neck.

 

“Want to shower together Hyun” Seungwan planted soft kisses along her neck making the women in front tremble and felt her knees shake slightly.

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s an efficient way to save water, don’t you care about the environment baby?” Seungwan teased and nibbled her wife’s earlobe. Joohyun let out a heavy sigh and leaned into her wife’s wandering hands more, she felt them caress her sides carefully and make small circles on the smol of her back.

 

“Ngghh… I care about the environment a lot. But what about Yerim?”

 

“I’ll make it fast, its not called 7 minutes in heaven for no reason Hyunnie. Anyways, she’ll be fine I gave her some brainteasers about… ual reproduction.” Joohyun widened her eyes but instantly closed them when she felt a palm massage her left . She turned and shoved Seungwan into the shower fast than you can say ‘’.

 

“, what the … ahhh. *Breath* breath* ” Joohyun had just came down from her mind-blowing and was astounded how her wife was able to do it so quickly and pound the right spot over and over again. The lukewarm water covered her skin and her forehead was covered in sweat, Joohyun was so exhausted so she was just watching her wife finish off to reach her own release right in front of her. Once both actually showered, Seungwan chuckled and pecked her wife “Yerim was actually doing chemistry brainteasers, because nothing gets you hornier than the homologous series, right babe?”

 

“Ugh, why are you like this.” Joohyun smiled widely having one of the best mornings in her life.

 

----

 

The trio walked into the modern exhibition hand in hand: white walls were cascaded by serene photos of old Japan.

 

“Seulgi really outdid herself. This makes me want to go to Japan now.” Joohyun pouted and Seungwan smiled at her wife “All in good time baby, we’ll go soon. How does a family holiday sound Yerm?”

 

“Disneyland Tokyo, I’m coming for you.” The 5-year old held up her best finger hearts and smile which her parents loved.

 

“We’ll see Wan, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Kay?”

 

Seungwan’s smile dropped at her wife’s hint.

 

“Right. Divorce. I only have a couple of days left to convince you.” She hung her head low.

 

Joohyun lifted her wife’s head with her forefinger and smiled “Don’t think about that now baby, you’re doing a good job.”

 

“Was this morning not convincing enough from you Mrs. Son-Bae Joohyun?” Olaf smirked, despite the playfulness she still felt her heart squirm at the sensitive topic.

 

“Maybe if we have a few moments like this morning you’ll have me convinced.”

 

“Your begging for me to you from a few hours ago seemed like you were convinced.”

 

“Watch your mouth in front of Yerm, Wan. Or I’ll have to punish you.”

 

“I look forward to it.” The 2 were eye-ing each other yet it was halted when they heard a voice.

 

“You really have no shame do you? We get it, you ed. You are so lucky Yerim is over with Rong-ah on the swings.” Sooyoung deadpanned. The couple just went brick red.

 

“Nice sweaters. Who wears turtle-necks in the height of summer though?” Seulgi asked confused, causing the couple to choke and become more red.

 

“Ahhh… must have been fun by the lack of talking.” Silence.

 

The 4 parents then wandered around a bit longer, appreciating Seulgi’s hard work. After a bit of time they 6 decided to go to the Son-Bae household to hold a barbeque. Seungwan told Sooyoung to take the day off and get one of the vices to handle it. Everyone had changed into their comfortable clothes and were now in the giant garden, Joohyun and Seulgi playing with the kids whilst Sooyoung and Seungwan man the George foreman grill.

 

Joohyun was staring at her wife’s muscles through the sleeveless top she was supporting and revising the compass tattoo on her left tricep. Joohyun had an identical design on her right tricep. They both got the marking when abroad claiming that its direction was where home was; coincidently when standing next to each other the compasses point to the other. Thus they are each others home.

 

“Wow, Unnie you left a real mark on Seungwan’s shoulder, the scratches are still red.”

 

“Seul, you should have seen the one she gave me.” Joohyun pulled her hair off her shoulders to show the large purple hickey.

 

“Jesus”

 

“Tell me about it.”

 

The 2 ladies were watching their counter-parts while they flip beef burgers and vegetables as well as their girls who were in Yerim’s treehouse that Seungwan built last summer.

 

“Do you think they are talking about work.” Seulgi inquired

 

“Why? Are you worried?”

 

“Yes. Sooyoung has barely been home and we are not even halfway through the week. I don’t know how you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter