V.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day rolled in and Joohyun woke up engulfed in damp, salty sheets (like every morning). She woke up Yerim and started making breakfast. She didn’t see her failure of a wife so she must have seen the papers.

 

Joohyun wasn’t heartless but for the future and goodness for her child... she needed to be firm with her wife. Her heart was slowly breaking bit by bit. How did we become such distant lovers? Joohyun can’t remember a time when her and wife were not separated from university: she followed her everywhere. She would go to mile-end just for the latter. Joohyun was so in love she would drop anything for her Seungwan.

 

-Flashback-

 

“BABE! I did it! I got the business scholarship from Harvard.” An ecstatic Seungwan leaped into her wife’s arms. The 2 were ecstatic, jumping and screaming around their shared apartment.

 

But a wave of reality came over Joohyun “How long is it for Wan-ah?”

 

“1 year, why? Is everything okay baby?”

 

Joohyun held her head down and tears flowed down her cheeks. “Wan... Boston is hours away! What will happen to us?"

 

“. Hey Hyun, look at me ... shh... don’t cry love. Come one let me see those pretty eyes? Pwease for your Wannie?” She lifted the girls chin with her index finger and met her teary eyes. She kissed away the rivers and rubbed her hair assuringly.

 

“Hyun... do you trust me.”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“More than anything.”

 

“Then come with me.”

 

“What??”

 

“Oh, come on! You, me, Boston... imagine it. Walks by the fisherman’s wharf, river strolls, a city enriched with old British colonial history. And we’ll go see the Tipton hotel even though it’s not real.” She suggested making her wife chuckle at the Disney Channel reference. 

 

“Wan... I want to I really do...but. UGH.” She grabbed her hair in frustration. “Wan, I can’t just drop everything, I just started my new job, what about my parents? And besides we’re both in debt... how can we pay for our selves.”

 

“Ummm about that... Imighthavepretendedtobeyouandappliedforajobwhichyougot.”

 

Although it was incoherent... Joohyun still understood her lovers rap.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Don’t be mad Hyun, I just really wanted you to come with me and this is a really good job. I could go to lectures and you could work. Hyun don’t you get it... this is our first step to being a family, this is our chance to get away for a bit and just be with each other.”

 

Joohyun sighed hard.

 

“Are you mad Hyun? “

 

“N-no not at all babe, I’m just... overwhelmed. But it was so sweet for you to do that.” She gave the girl a peck on the lips. Cupped her face and gazed into her eyes looking for any doubt but to her avail she saw none... she saw pure love and adoration.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Yes as in okay I want to go with you, I’m willing to leave everything behind because I love you with all my heart and I don’t know what I would do without you.”

 

“Oh Hyun... I love you too.” The 2 then celebrated with a drink and other things ;)

 

-End Of Flashback-

 

Joohyun was distracted by her thought as she heard Yerim ask her whilst eating her breakfast “Seeing as it’s a weekend... can we go see mum at work?” Yes, her mother works weekends and she made sure to whisper the last bit to not enrage mummy Joohyun.

 

Joohyun’s heart broke a little more. She placed down her knife. “Yerim, I want to sweetie but that’s just not a good idea right now. * sigh * I want to see her too, but it’s complicated... I’m sorry baby.”

 

Yerim sighed as she already knew the answer but came up with a plan for later: sometimes her level of intellect for a 5-year-old was a worrying thing.

 

“Fine I’ll just use ovoo driver.” The young kid said astonishing her mum.

 

“First, it’s Uber. Second where did you see that vine ... you’re 5 and third you can’t I’m dropping you to your art class because I need to go to cour- Catherine’s house.” Joohyun corrected her mistake and decided to keep the divorce and custody battle a secret: for her own good, she didn’t need more stress in her life. Yerim just nodded and smirked to herself.

 

- - - - -

 

“Bye Yerimmie, I’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter