I.

Hard Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Seungwan is a hard worker. Son Seungwan is a workaholic. But she works hard for her family, all her life since university when she met her wife Joohyun she promised her a good life of being financially stable for her and their future family. She endeavoured all her effort, worked night and day purely for her wife and daughter. She simply wanted the best for them and she would not stop at nothing to let them have that. Seungwan gave them a life where Joohyun wouldn’t have to work ever again, she thought it was the perfect life.

 

She was the CEO of the upcoming SSW industries. Putting her Masters Degree from Harvard business school to good use. (Joohyun and Seungwan moved to Boston together for a year for her degree whilst Joohyun sought out work in the local area.) After years of hard work and persistence ... Seungwan was finally successful, it made all the hardships, fights and scuffles worth it. She paid off both of their debts, bought a big- house and proposed to the love of her life. 2 years after they got married, they went to Switzerland to be a trial couple for a new science study where homoual couples could fuse their DNA and make a child. They knew it was a risk and expensive but it was a success... 9 months later: Joohyun gave birth to Yerim Bae-Son. She was precious and both families from each side spoiled the little girl. She was a perfect mix of Joohyun’s and Seungwan’s personalities and looks.

 

For the first few years of Yerim’s life... she was coddled non-stop. It was very domestic and mundane. Everyday Seungwan would come down in her work attire and eat breakfast with her beloveds... like clockwork Joohyun would adjust her tie and kiss her goodbye whilst she gives her daughter a sloppy kiss and morning tickle. She would return in the early evening and prepare dinner with her wife: Seungwan was adamant on putting good, healthy food in their bodies. Dinner would be filled with educational games (Seungwan wanted her daughter to be an intellect and aim high like her mum). Most weekends would be spent at the park or the cinemas, walking hand in hand with her parents was the highlight of Yerim’s week as well as being suffocated by her parent’s butterfly kisses and weekly bedtime stories.

 

Every once in a while Seungwan shared her wise words with her daughter which ranged from “Yerim, I have made enough for you to never work in your life but I still want you to work hard in the future so you can learn the wonders of the world.” To “why have happiness when you don’t have loved ones to spend it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter