Hello (Joy of Red Velvet)

Only You

Nakakabingi ang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko, kasinlakas ng umuugong na kampana. Already too late para lumiko at magpretend na hindi ko sya nakita dahil iilang metro na lang ang agwat namin sa isa't isa. Maging sya ay mapapansin mo sa ekspresyon ng kanyang mukha ang pagkabigla habang papalapit. Maya't maya ay napalitan iyon ng isang matamis na ngiti, isang pamilyar na ngiti na antagal ng panahon na hindi ko na naaninag. Hindi ko maikukubling nakakaramdam na ako ulit ng mga butterflies that were lively roaming around my belly once again, she still has this effect on me after all this time. 

It's already too late to turn my back on now that I hear her speaking : "Hello, Bear!"

Parang biglang nawala yung mga tao sa paligid na dumadaan, biglang naging malabo yung mga images ng mga building na nakapaligid sa amin at wala akong ibang maaninag kundi sya. Parang eksena sa isang pelikula. Everything suddenly vanished from my sight and there's just her now. I can even see the imaginary confettis falling down on us and all I was feeling was nothing but just pure joy and excitement. (Seul, wake up...you must be dreaming.. I whisper to myself, still not believing the moment exists.)

(Baechu...my baechu..is that really you?? Bakit ngayon ka lang.. why did it seem like you already have forgotten me and was denying my existence? You were so distant.. I can't seem to reach out.. - my injured heart was saying.)

"huyyyyy...Oso!"  she was already tapping my arm, bringing me back to my senses.

I smiled, alanganin. Parang nagpapaligsahan na naman yung pawis sa magkabila kong kili-kili, grabe ang intense ng moment na 'to. Hindi ko talaga 'to napaghandaan!

"Irene....?" I asked. Pigil pa din ang aking sarili na yakapin sya. Things are different now between the two of us. The closeness we once had, seemed to have taken its toll already on us.

She took her hand away from my arm and her expression curioused. "am I that easy to forget, Bear?"

I shook my head : "I don't think there was a time I forgotten about you, Baechu.."

Her eyes glistened like those stars up in the sky. Have I even failed to see the tears that were about to form in those eyes? No. I can clearly see it. (Is it tears of joy? Is she happy to see me too? - I asked myself silently.)

​​​​​​She looked away, I am not sure if it's because she disbelieves what she heard, or if she's kind of guilty for not even acknowledging my presence when I saw her that night I was at Tzu's house or she's trying to hide the tears. Then she spoke a little calmly : "I am sorry I intended not to speak with you before.. nagpretend akong hindi kita napapansin, hinayaan kitang mag-isip na di na kita maalala.."

I frowned, already was getting these mixed-emotions. Naghinanakit ba ako sa kanya dati unreasonably, hindi ko man lang inintindi ang sitwasyon? I would have took my chance and ask her but I did not. "Bakit?" I asked.

She looked at me this time and that's when I noticed the moisture on her cheeks. I took my handkerchief out of my pants at pinunasan ko yun ng bahagya saka inabot sa kanya yung panyo. "Kasi ayokong magkagulo kayo ni Tzuyu. Dahil alam ko na pag nilapitan kita at tiyak akong, di ko mapigilan sarili kong mayakap kita dahil sa tagal ng panahon nating di pagkikita, mag-isip sya ng hindi maganda. Ayokong mang-agaw ng atensyon o ng oras. Syempre natural na makaramdam sya ng selos. Umiwas ako, there were times that I had to avoid passing by their house pag andudun ka. Paminsan minsan pumupunta ako dun sa kanila pero I make sure you were not there already. I wanted to give you both space and privacy. Alam kong Tzuyu may not like my presence with you around. Saka hindi nadin kami ganun ka close, but I still try to spend time with her as much as I can, hoping me and her can bring back the closeness we one had before."

I suddenly have the flashback of one time Tzu's aunt mentioned that Bae is coming to visit her. I can still see the expression on Tzu's eyes. Something is off between them for sure but this isn't the right time to be nosy about it.

I nodded my understanding. Letting her feel I have no bad bread about how she handled things between us. What matters most is now.

"Can I visit you sometime?" I asked.

She smiled sweetly, allowing her dimples below her lips to show up once again. Oh God, I've missed that smile. "Why not?!" she replied.

​Bae refused to have some snacks at the cafeteria nearby because​​​​​ she had to go home but promised to see me when there's a chance.

Something to look forward to.

Before she went on her way, I stopped her and said: "yung...yung..handky, Bae, kc...ano, ah..diba my masamang meaning pag nagbigay ng panyo. Kakasimula pa nga lang ng love story natin, palpak na agad. Joke lang." pabiro kong sabi pero half-meant syempre. (Umaandar na naman kalandian mong Oso ka! - my innocent self was saying.)

She laughed. Nag-aalangan na yakapin ako o ikiss sa cheek. She just said : "Let's beso-beso. I am used to it when I part ways with friends."

​​​​​Naiilang man but I let her brush her cheek on mine but was just so brief. Jusko, yung kaba ko abot hanggang langit!​​

I went home already forgotten the bookstore, smiling the sweetest I could..so giddy and blushing over the romantic excitement that Baechu have caused me today, she will always and forever have this effect on me.