Long and winding road

Only You

How time flies so fastly, I actually hadn't really noticed. I woke up one day realising it's been over 3 years since Tzu left. (You are indeed a strong lad, Seul! - I hear my proud self saying.)

Looking back, it has been a roller coaster ride having to start over again in a way that I have to spend each day without her no more. It's something I learned to get used to.

Tzu got to Manila and stayed there to accomplish her documents for a few months, I don't know why it took her so long. We rarely even talk because she didn't have any phone with her. The only time I was able to call her was when she messaged me using her friend's mobile phone pero hindi kami nakakapag-usap ng matagal o madalas dahil nahihiya syang makigamit. Until such time na halos hindi na kami nakakapag-usap. She left for Dubai without me knowing that she left, nabalitaan ko na lang kay Wendy.

How irrational was she, for not even having me informed about her departure regardless of the reason she might had. I got upset and disappointed that I decided to finally change my phone number, leading us to eventually losing contact.

Naaalala ko pa, nung JS Prom namin at ako ang isa sa mga naging emcee/host for the night. I was excitingly ringing the phone of her friend, after a few minutes of sending the text message asking the owner to have Tzu pick up the phone to speak with. Makailang beses ba ako nag-dial? Di ko mabilang at ayoko na din matandaan. I was so foolish then. Hindi pa nga ako nagtanda, I sent her photos of me during the event, even enclosed some money na baka sakaling makatulong kahit konti sa expenses nya habang sya ay nanduduon, which hindi ko alam kung natanggap ba nya. Yes, I was foolish back then in hoping she could receive it kahit na alanganin masyado dahil snail mail lang yun at pupwedeng mapunta sa ibang kamay. I just really wanted to surprise her.

Graduation day came, but not even a voice of Tzu can be heard on the line neither was the call picked up. I knew I did my part, however, Tzu didn't do hers.

Paminsan-minsan ay bumabalik din sa akin ang mga alaala naming dalawa kahit ano'ng pilit ko man iwasan. We built some good memories together and hindi naman ganun kadali na lumimot lalo't naging bahagi sya minsan ng buhay ko. Life is full of surprises.

Mukang mahaba-haba pa ang aking lalakbayin na landas patungo sa pagtanggap sa mga nangyari, sa kinahinatnan ng aming relasyon. Yes, we have to learn to accept that we can't control things. Mukang hindi naman kasinghaba yun ng kalsadang nilalakaran ko ngayon papuntang bookstore para aliwin ang aking sarili, nagbabaka sakali na my mga libro akong magugustuhang bilhin duon.

I checked my watch, mag-aalas 5 na pala ng hapon. Sinadya kong lumabas at magtungo duon ng gantong oras dahil hindi na ganon kainit. Isang liko na lang, sa kabilang kalye naroroon ang lugar na pupuntahan ko subalit hindi ko aakalaing, sa tinagal-tagal ng panahon, sino ang mag-aakalang magkukrus ang landas naming dalawa in Baechu?

Life indeed is full of surprises.