Jisoo waits for Jennie's return

Madame Park's Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Except for Moonbyul, they all teased Yeri for the way she sat gingerly in the saddle on the right back to the academy. Solar even threatened to take them back by an alternate route that had extra jumps - she didn't, but Yeri still looked panicked by the concept. As it was, Solar took the ride back at a more leisurely pace so as not to hurt Yeri, and she was the one who took Yeri to put arnica cream on her welts. Of course, having been the recipient of a similar punishment from Madame Park, Solar could imagine better than any of them the pain and humiliation that Yeri had to be feeling.

"We've got half an hour until dinner," Jennie said to Jisoo as they walked into the front hall. "What do you feel like doing?"

"I want to go get a bath," Jisoo said.

"You were just in water all afternoon!" Jennie exclaimed.
"Yes," Jisoo calmly replied. "And there were fish in that water. Do you have any idea what the fish do in the water?"

All of a sudden Jennie felt intensely itchy. "I think I'll get a bath a well," she said.

"You're welcome to share mine," Jisoo said with a smile as she headed up the stairs.

The hot water heater was Jisoo's favorite of all the new technologies that Madame Park had had installed in the academy. Being able to take a hot bath any time she wanted was just the height of luxury, as far as she was concerned.

The large brass tub in the bathroom was large, certainly big enough for two ladies who didn't mind being close. Jisoo slid down into the water and started soaping herself up. Jennie climbed in after her and started "helping" Jisoo to wash.

Jisoo playfully splashed water at her. "None of that! We spent all afternoon doing that, and now we've got just enough time for a proper bath before dinner so long as we don't waste time."

Jennie pouted, then smiled as an idea came to her. "I could wash your hair. That would make things go a little more quickly."

Smiling, Jisoo conceded the point. She turned around and sat between Jennie's legs so Jennie could wash her hair. Then they switched places so that she could wash Jennie's hair. Jisoo had just finished rinsing the last soap out of Jennie's hair when they heard the first bell ring for dinner.

'Hurry" Jennie squealed as she jumped out of the tub, splashing water on the floor. "If we hurry, we can be there on time."

Jisoo got out of the tub and was reaching for her towel when she slipped on the water on the floor and fell down. "Ouch!" she yelled as she tried to stand up. Jennie could see that her hip was already starting to bruise. She crossed the room and helped Jisoo to her feet, then quickly started drying her. 

"Hurry!" Jennie hissed. "We don't have much time."

Jisoo did her best, but her hip was starting to get stiff. "I'm doing my best," she said.

Jennie rushed and got both of their uniforms. She put on her own and then started helping Jisoo by buttoning her shoes as Jisoo buttoned her dress, acutely aware of every second that passed.

They hurried down the stairs, Jennie holding on to Jisoo's arm to steady her. They slid into their places in line just as the second bell rang. Much to their surprise, Madame Park wasn't there waiting to punish anyone who dared be tardy. When Madame Park finally did come out, several minutes after the second bell had rung, her face was pale.

"Ladies, I hope you'll excuse me, but urgent matters have come up that require my attention, so I'll not be dining with you. Jisoo, I trust you'll be able to act as hostess in my absence." And with those few words, she turned and left them alone.

Jisoo led the line to the dining room doors, opened the doors and led them through. She took Madame Park's seat at the head of the table and watched as the others arrayed themselves one space higher than their usual positions at the table. Jisoo sat down, after which the others sat.

"I don't think you should be sitting in Madame Park's chair," Solar said.

"Madame Park instructed me to be hostess in her absence," she said. "The hostess sits at the head of the table. If you have a problem with that, you're welcome to go interrupt Madame Park in her chambers and talk to her about it."

Solar opened to say something, but apparently thought better of it and closed with a snap. She looked across the tasble at Irene and attempted to engage her in conversation, doing her best to ignore Jisoo to her left and Jennie to her right. Irene, perfectly aware of what Solar was trying to do, made a point of bringing Jisoo and Jennie into the conversation at every possible opportunity. 

After several minutes of this, the servants came in with dinner, bringing sizzling bowls of bibimbap for everyone. Famished from the afternoon's activities, they all dove in, well aware that if Madame Park were present she'd find the gusto with which they attached their food un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter