Starry Night

Together

Namjoon and Jimin have been evidently getting closer. They hang out with each other a lot, whether they're having fun, doing something casual, or doing something else. But they're always happy when they spend time together.

Tonight they made plans to go stargazing nearby a park, wanting to do something peaceful. Namjoon had already arrived, looking for Jimin. After around 4 minutes or so, Jimin jogs toward him.

"Hi, Namjoon!" Jimin smiles, waving.

"Hi Jimin!" Namjoon says, equally as happy. Probably even more.

"I brought something we could lay on."  Jimin lays out a thin blanket.

Namjoon lays on top of it, and Jimin does the same. There hands touch for a few seconds, but they pull away, embarrassed. It's a good thing it's dark and Jimin can't see him blushing.

"Wow, the stars are so pretty." Jimin points at a cluster of shining stars. 

"Yeah." But you're prettier. Namjoon thinks.

The crescent of the Moon peeks out from the dark sky. It reminds Namjoon of Jimin's eyes when he smiles.

"It's nice to spend time with you like this. I love looking at the sky." Jimin turns his head to look at Namjoon. Namjoon turns his head as well, noticing their lips were inches away. He gulps.

"Y-Yeah. Me too. I think I have a couple books on astrology."

"That's nice." Jimin turns his head back to look at the sky.

They're quiet. The air between them feels kinda relaxed, not as much awkwardness as usual. 

"If you want, we could do this again someday. When the stars are shining, you know."

"I'd love to do that." Even though Namjoon can't see Jimin's face, he can imagine his beautiful smile, his lips curling perfectly.

Namjoon starts pointing out the constellations and their names. He even throws in a couple myths and legends in there. 

Sadly, it's time to go home soon. It was getting very late. Even though tomorrow was Sunday, Namjoon didn't want Jimin to go to sleep too late.

"I can drive you home." Namjoon offers. "It's late in the night, and I don't want you to get hurt." 

"Thanks for caring about me." Jimin smiles while Namjoon stares at his shoes and blushes.

"No problem." Namjoon replies earnestly. Luckily, Jimin's house is just a 10 minute drive away.

As Namjoon pulls into Jimin's driveway, Jimin turns his head towards him.

"I had so much fun with you, Namjoon. I really hope we get to do that again someday. Thanks for driving me home." Jimin shyly pecks Namjoon's cheek. "Bye!" 

Namjoon freezes for a few seconds.

"B-Bye!" Namjoon says, stuttering. Luckily he's already parked, otherwise he would've run into something. As soon as he sees Jimin enter the house, and he makes sure the windows are up..

"OHMYGODPARKJIMINJUSTKISSEDME." Namjoon squeals, a dopey, love-struck grin on his face.  I'm not gonna wash my face for a week!

Meanwhile...

"I can't believe I kissed Namjoon! Oh god, what if he didn't like it?" Jimin has a mental crisis, but he is still ecstatic about what happened tonight.

Jimin feels like he's about to swoon. But he doesn't regret kissing Namjoon one bit!

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I am super, super, super sorry for not updating! So I made this a 500 word chapter to try to make up for it. Hope you enjoyed! :)