The Date

Together

Namjoon tapped his finger on the table anxiously. Jimin didn't arrive yet and it's been 8 minutes since Namjoon sat down. (but he was 5 minutes late)

"Oh hi Namjoon. Sorry that I'm late." Jimin apologized, sitting across from him.

"Oh no problem." His mind drifts back on how Jimin looked-a loose tank top with a soft sweater on top. Comfortable jeans were on his thick thighs. Namjoon's cheeks flushed, then he snapped out of his daydreaming.

"You look handsome." Jimin compliments, shyly toying with his sweater. 

"Thanks, but you look even cuter." Namjoon blurts out. Jimin blushes, murmuring a soft 'thank you'.

"...what do you want to eat?" Namjoon asked. 

"Oh, I haven't looked at the menu yet." Jimin looks at the menu. "Oh, I think I'd like a caramel macchiato."

"Sweet. I think I'll order a Americano." Namjoon raises his hand, trying to capture the waitresses attention. But he ultimately failed. Jimin laughed when Namjoon waved his hand around wildly.

Fortunately, the waitress noticed. (Although Namjoon is convinced this was the doing of Jimin's laugh. Honestly he couldn't blame her.)

"What can I do for you today?" But the waitress's attention is focused on Jimin. Namjoon had a sinking feeling about Jenna. (according to her name tag)

"A Caramel Macchiato and Americano please." Jimin asks pleasantly with a sweet smile.

"Of course." Jenna giggled, and Namjoon felt annoyed. How dare she flirt in front of him?

The air is even more awkward than usual when she walks away.

"I'll be right back." Namjoon tells Jimin.

He asks for Jenna at the counter.

"Yes?"

"Can I have our order to-go?"

...

"I should've paid for it." Jimin argued. "I was the one who came late."

"Technically I came late too."

"Well, I came later than you."

"But I was the one who asked you out. It wouldn't be fair to have you pay." Namjoon blushes as he says asked you out. Out of the hundred phrases he could've used, he chose that one.

Jimin crosses his arms and pouts. Namjoon instantly pinched his cheeks.

Jimin pouted harder. Namjoon laughs, seeing how adorable he is. Jimin joins in soon after.

 

 

 

A/N:

I did Caramel Macchiato and Americano because they were in BTS's song, Coffee. :)
Hope you enjoyed!! :3