chap 6. party and envy

Thinking About You

  

Monday-Saturday 

 

Brand new day for the boys, and also a new adventure for the Thai boy. It was the small boy’s first day at University. Both boys got ready and left for the institute together, they also planned to get lunch together, as their timetable matched with a little difference as to what time the boys finishes. Ten finishes, a little bit later compared to Taeyong. 

The week passed by as it should with the boys being busy with their classes and other mundane routines. However, Ten did attend his dance class on Tuesday and Thursday, alone, accompanied by the older who also have a membership to the same dance dojo.

 

It was at the end of the week, already on the Friday, there was a party going on today, that Taeyong was invited too. And Taeyong wanted his other half to attend with him, not referring to his actual girlfriend but to his roommate. He really wanted the younger to come along so they could party together; more like he wanted to dance with the younger, get a little closer.

 

On the other hand, the younger was worried for his dance class tomorrow, he had asked the instructor to evaluate a short choreograph that he came up all by himself. He was proud of his piece; however very nervous to present it to someone else, but deep inside he knew, he needs another view on his dance performance, so he is ready for the audition, which is only a month away. He was still new to the language; so the dance piece is the only thing he was proper proud of to present compared to his singing. Ten has always been showered by love when it comes to singing, but he himself do not have much confidence in his voice, but he will willing sing something for the audition. 

 

Taeyong decided to go and persuade the younger to attend the party with him, so he knocked on the younger’s door. “Ten, can I come in” asked the older, minding the younger’s privacy and being the gentleman that he is. 

 

“yh, come in hyung” ten replied and the taller entered the room, he saw how the younger was a his study tase working on his school work, probably homework he guessed. Taeyong dwelled straight into the matter that he was there to discuss.

“so there is this party today, wanna go together” he asked, while staring at the younger expression. “everyone will be there” the older added, to furthermore persuade the younger. 

 

Taeyong saw the change of facial expression and knew that he was going to decline, leaving the older alone at the party. “ahh hyung, sorry I cannot attend because of dance class tomorrow” Ten did not go into detail about his choreograph piece. 

 

“but Tennie, I think you can still come, and we can slays leave early” Taeyong trying a new method, so the younger would comply.

 

“hyung, give some time and I will see” Ten answered, even though he clearly was going to deny until the end.

 

“alright then, I will leave you right now but be ready by 8pm” taeyong said as he left, not listening to the younger rejecting his offer. Before he told this to the shorter, he had already saw the expression of Ten and how he was not going to change his mind, so taeyong had to give him an ultimatum.

 

This left Ten with no choice but to go along. Ten also believed this might be a good way to let loose before his evolution, and maybe the party can help him to absorb in the calm and chill vibe that he needs for his dance piece. 

 

It was already six past, so Ten decided to get ready, going through his wardrobe and trying to find an appropriate outfit for the party. He chose a red t-shirt and black leather jacket and paired it with black jeans and  white sneakers with stars on them.

 

Taeyong was in room chilling, he was not that worried about his outfit for the party: however this time he wanted to dress up this time around for that special someone. He got his favourite black ripped skinny jeans on and paired it with a black shirt with dots decoration. He also wore his Gucci belt and tucked the black shirt.   

The boys left together, for the party which was a random freshman house. It was an open invite, anyone and everyone was invited. The boys got there and met up with Doyoung and his friend Jinyoung. “doyoung” Ten screamed quietly, only for doyoung to hear him over the loud music and ran up to him. Taeyong followed suite, he was about to ask Ten if he wanted something to drink when he felt someone’s hand on his shoulder, caressing the top of his shoulder and going down to his arm. Taeyong was very surprised to why someone was touching him so intimately, hence he turned to face the person. It was none other than his girlfriend Chungha. “hey, ty” she said to the older while staring deeply into his eyes lovingly. 

 

 

Taeyong froze, not knowing how to respond when he noticed how all eyes are on him. But he finally got some sense knocked into him when he noticed how Chungha and Ten were looking at each other with both having a smile on their faces. He definitely thought he was going crazy with this situation. Was his current girlfriend flirting with his roommate and current love interest? 

 

“Oh Ten, hey” Chungha said loudly. “hey” Ten replied with a massive smile on his face.  On the other hand, Taeyong carried a confused expression on his face.

Taeyong needed answers and he needed it now, so he decided to finally ask.

 

“How do you guys know each other” Ty asked both of them, jealousy clearly visible, however everyone would expect he was jealous toward Ten, not in this case, he was envious of his own girlfriend. 

 

“Ten and I take the same dance class, we are always partner, so we talk a lot” Chungha replied and placing her hand on the older’s shoulder again to lean on him. This did not go unnoticed by the younger boy; so he saw quite a lot of intimate touches and his nosy nature got the best of him. 

 

“So are you two together” Ten asked the couple. “Yh” chungha gave out a short reply. Taeyong avoiding Ten’s eyes on him and looked everywhere else, in all honesty he found this interaction awkward. 

 

“Hyung, you have a girlfriend and its chungha wow, I am so happy for you guys” Ten genuinely happily said to the couple to congratulate them. 

 

In the case of Taeyong, Ten’s congratulation wish did not settle very well with the older. Taeyong’s emotions were all over the place, and did not know what to do with all the anger building up inside his heart.  It was like he was on fire, a guy who is normally very calm and compose, this new and sudden emotion was stirring his action. Without thinking he dragged Ten away, not caring of the eyes on them. 

 

One thing, none of the boys knew was that Doyoung was watching all this drama. Additionally, Chungha felt as if she understood what was going on.

 

 

I love Chungha

Stream WE GO UP

NCT DREAM