Chap 2. back then

Thinking About You

Past

 

Year 2012

 

 

Ten has just arrived to the dorm of his university, he chose to major in business, so he has an evidence that he is really attending an university. This will not make his parents to be on his tail everyday, as long as he can keep the charade up while pursuing what he really desires. All the students who are coming form abroad got to arrive a day before compared to the home student, moving day is tomorrow. Ten moved in on a Friday, signed in and got his keys at 14:00 p.m. 

 

Ten got to the room that he is to share with his roommate and started to set up all his stuff. There were two rooms, even though Ten was here first, he opted for the smaller room in this shared flat, as he did not require much space. Additionally, he does not want his roommate to be angry or displease with getting the smaller space. Plus the said person is not around to discuss or fight for what room he desires. 

 

This universities only have limited space in the dorm, so most of the rooms are mostly given to overseas students and home student who either lives too far from the university or have participated in the welcoming project. This project is where a home student is assigned to a student from abroad and help them to adjust for their first year. Ten was excited to meet his assigned  welcoming buddy. The university did email him the name of his buddy, but Ten unfortunately deleted the email and now does not remember the name of his buddy.

 

 

After arranging all his stuff and putting everything where it should be, Ten thought to himself what else could do to pass time, and decided to go for a walk. Explore. 

While he was outside he could see many more students arriving to the dorm. It made him think of how hard it was for him to move alone to a country that he has no knowledge about. Remembering how he struggled to get a taxi/cab from the airport to the dorm. How he was unable to speak Korean properly, but still manage to get to the dorm. It was not easy for sure but he hoped it was all worth it for his future.

 

 

After a while Ten returned to his dorm, and his roommate still was not in yet. He put the stuff he bought from the supermarket on the kitchen counter and started to arrange  the grocery, and had the cold food int he fridge and freezer. 

 

By the time, Ten finished sorting out the grocery and prepared a simple meal for one, it was already 7 in the afternoon, so he decided to go shower. He changed in to his pyjamas and started to watch the tele, when he heard something outside. The door knob was turning, he went to open the door, but only hit face onto someone neck. He backed away to see, a really handsome guy standing in front of him.

 

“hi I am taeyong, your new roommate” said the handsome guy, Ten being lost and having his brain circuit not functioning, stood there nodding like a fool. “sorry, Hi, my name is taeyong, your roommate and you” he said again but in broken English. Ten, then remembered the he has not introduced himself yet. Ten introduced himself, telling Taeyong how he is from Thailand and is here to study business. While taeyong too, introduce saying his he is from Seoul and majors in music. Ten being passionate about music, started to question him about his favourite artist and so on. Taeyong just kept watching ten in awe, while answering with wholeheartedly joy to every question that was proposed by ten. They shared the meal that Ten made and talked about everything, from their childhood life to anime to obviously music. 

 

Ten asked Taeyong about his favourite ghibili studio movie, after Ten revealed how he likes to listen to the track from the movie in piano version before he sleeps. “my favourite movie has to be…” he could not decide at first,“I love all of them, but howls moving castle is my favourite: answered taeyong. Ten jumping up and down in happiness because he finally has a friend who he shares a lot of similarities with.  They got close to each other so fast that none of them would have expected. 

 

“Ten” called taeyong, as he wanted to ask whether he would like to watch a movie together. But instead of that he turns out it was time for ten to find out more about taeyong. “yh” Ten replied informally to taeyong, and taeyong finally remembered that he is older, and wanted to prank Ten. 

 

“Yh” Taeyong mocked Ten, Ten stood there wondered what is the problem. When taeyong started to full on laugh and pointed out that he is older. 

 

“I am a second year student” Taeyong clarified for Ten. “oh, hyung” ten almost whispered cutely with a pout. Taeyong nodded with the softest smile on his face while staring at Ten.  

 

“so have you talked to doyoung yet.” Taeyong asked.  Ten not knowing what he is asking, stood there with confusion seeping through his facial expression and body language. 

 

“who is doyoung” Ten questioned. 

 

This is when Taeyong realised that Ten still does not know, that doyoung is his school buddy and still has no knowledge about it.

 

“Doyoung, is you buddy for” Taeyong clarified for Ten. 

 

“Then who are you, hyung” asked Ten, with such innocence that affected Taeyong’s heartbeat, he was growing weaker for his room mate and he could feel it.

 

“Let me start from the beginning, I am Lee Taeyong, second year music major, vice president of the school body and your room mate. Doyoung is a friend of mine and your buddy, whom you have not met yet, because he is still on a trip with his family.”

 

Ten finally, understood the situation, but the means he is living with the vice president of the school body. Taeyong could see how Ten was trying to work out how he was stuck with the vice president of the school body and not roomed with his buddy like everyone else. So he decided to make Ten feel more at ease and get rid of any worries that his room mate might have. They already got close when they were sharing the meal and he wanted it to stay that way or get even closer.

 

“do not worry, Ten, I am still your friend and room mate, you will still see doyoung everyday at class. And If you have any question, you can ask me.” 

Ten smiled at Taeyong, and nodded. 

 

It was already late, so the boys went to sleep and said good night to each other.

 

As soon as Ten hit the bed, all he could think about was how lucky he got that he made a friend already  and still haven’t met his buddy so in the future he might be able to have two friends.

 

On the other hand, Taeyong was having a mental battle with himself. He could not get ten’s face out of his mind. It almost as if it was love at first sight but he already has a girlfriend.