Chap 3. new buddy

Thinking About You

Morning, bright sunlight reflecting through the curtain and hitting ever so softly on Ten’s face, as if the sun itself wants to wake him up. Ten being disturb by the sunlight on his face, woke up a whole thirty minutes before his alarm. He could smell the freshly cooked breakfast coming from the kitchen. Taeyong had woken up an hour before Ten, where he already freshened up and decided to make breakfast to kick off the day and his plan. Before, going to bed yesterday, Taeyong all alone made plan to show Ten around Seoul. As he is new to the city, plus Taeyong can learn more bout Ten this way. Additionally, maybe he can confirm this feeling, he has toward his roommate.

 

Taeyong is determined that what he feels for Ten is love at first sight. But he is worried about his girlfriend and definitely knows that Ten does not feel the same about him.

 

 

Ten freshened up and went out of his bedroom for breakfast. “oh, hyung, are you making me breakfast too.” Ten asked with aegyo laced voice, so he would not have to cook for himself. 

 

Taeyong on the other hand was clutching his heart with, acting as he thought this cute act was cringe. When he obviously liked his aegyo! “yes, I am making you breakfast, dummy”

 

Taeyong placed the food on the table for Ten and himself to munch on, he made eggs, bacon and some toast with butter and Nutella on the side. While they were eating, Taeyong decided to ask Ten whether he wants to go wonder around the city and get to be more familiar with the place. Ten nodded, while taking a big bite of his toast that had chocolate spread all over it.  Chocolate at the side did not go unnoticed by Taeyong, so he helps Ten by wiping it off his face without even asking him. 

 

The boys got dressed and was just about to leave when someone knocked on their door. “i will get the door hyung” Ten screamed while getting the door. There stood a young guy, probably same age as Ten. 

 

“who was it, Ten” Taeyong asked from the kitchen. 

 

“its me” Doyoung answered before Ten could say anything and Taeyong recognising Doyoung’s voice went to the threshold. 

 

“Ten, this is doyoung, your buddy that will accompany and show you around” Taeyong introduced. 

 

Ten introduced himself and talked to Doyoung while taeyong went back to the kitchen to do whatever he was doing before, which was cleaning as Taeyong tends to be a little bit of a neat freak. Ten found out that Doyoung is the same age as him and has been friend with Taeyong since they were kids. And now they are attending university together. Doyoung majors in Biology, while they were talking, Ten unconsciously invites Doyoung on there outing. Ten thought, it would be nice to get acquainted with Doyoung and maybe they can be friends too. This did not settle well with Taeyong, because he wanted Ten for himself at least for one day; so he can confirm what ever this feeling was. He wanted to know why did his heartbeat would triple every time he saw or thought about Ten.

 

The boys went out, so Ten could learn more about Korea and just have fun before they have to head back to their lives as students, this upcoming Monday. Back to the books and lectures, which they all dreaded. 

 

Taeyong suggested that they go to Namsan tower, so Ten can easily see the whole city from bird view, while Doyoung and Taeyong could tell him more about Seoul, pretty sure tell him everything, what they know. Taeyong does have his own ulterior motive which is why he picked his certain place to visit. They could have easily went to Han River and chilled, Ten would have still learnt about Seoul. However, Taeyong had a little plan, almost as if he has a bucket list tat he needs to complete.  Call him a hopeless romantic or whatever, he would not care; because he has one thing on his mind right now and that is to get a padlock with Ten. A padlock where they could forever lock this friendship-well in taeyong case maybe his little crush or love at first sight-so they can stay together forever by each other side. 

 

They got the bus to Namsan tower, even though Doyoung wanted to walk up the hill; the other two were too lazy too. So due to democracy and not dictatorship, bus up the hill it was.

 

As soon as they got up, Ten kept staring at people with the spiral fried potatoes and he wanted one. Doyoung noticing Ten eyeing the food, got one for him. Which may have made Taeyong a little bit jealous that he will never admit too; even if he was at his death bed. As a result f his jealousy, he started to sulk and started to walk slower compared to the other two boys. This allowed Ten and Doyoung to have more time to talk to each other, where Ten learnt how Doyoung wants to be a singer like his older brother, and every now and then he goes to audition for companies, even though he gets accepted, he always declines because all the company would have already or recently debuted a boy group and he knows that it will be a while until they debuted another one. Ten in return shared his dream of being a  dancer and singer too. Additionally, it got Ten to wonder if he should ask Doyoung if he could tag along with him to his next audition. Doyoung’s next audition was at one of the biggest company in South Korean right now and it was a walk-in audition, also known as an open auction, where people do not have to apply in advance, they can just walk in and audition. Ten was just about to tell Doyoung that he will attend the audition with him, he was interrupted by Taeyong’s arm that was wrapped around his waist and pulling his body closer to Taeyong. The warmth from Taeyong’s body was oozing and Te could feel it through his own body.