chap 8. surprise, surprise and surprise

Thinking About You

 

Ten woke up, sensing the heat and softness under his cheeks, one thing that he did not know was that he was cuddling with his roommate. And he did not find it weird or uncomfortable, he felt safe and wanted to be wrapped in Taeyong more frequently. If you asked him, he would have wanted to never leave from there and be cuddled up all day and night long. 

 

Ten did not get up right away, but steeled with looking at the t, he concentrated on each feature on the older’s face, from his nose to the shape of his lip. He was not sure, why he wanted to memorize every feature, but felt as if he does not, he would eventually regret it. His eyes were stuck on Taeyong’s scar next to his eye, ten wanted to reach out and use his thumb to smooth out the scar, to feel it and sooth it almost. He was just about to reach out, when he felt the older waking up and retrieve his hand back.  

 

 

“i am sorry for intruding” Taeyong whispered huskily, not even fully awake yet.

 

“its fine” ten answered, wanting to put the older at ease, so the older is able to calm down form whatever happened yesterday.  “are you feeling better now hyung?” 

 

“yh, im fine, don’t worry about me” the older responded, trying to make his cutie to be calm and relaxed. “ don’t you have your dance today tennie”

 

After hearing about dance, Ten jumped out of bed, surprising the older, and started his daily routine. Ten still had enough time to get ready, thankfully he was not late. 

 

Taeyong decided, he too should get ready for the day and perhaps making breakfast for the younger would be a great idea and a way to thank him for staying in his room last night. He got up and went to his own room, so he can get ready to make breakfast. 

 

After everything, he went to the kitchen to see the younger trying to make something for himself.

 

“shoo” the older gestured to the younger to leave him and let him make breakfast.

 

“hyung, do you need help” ten asked, trying to help with something. 

 

They both ate together and ten left when he had too. Overall, eating together was calm and just normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. One thing they both did not know was that their day was just about to start.

 

As soon as Ten left, Taeyong received a text from his girlfriend Chungha, asking him to meet up at a nearby cafe that they usually visit together, when they want to go on dates; more like catching up int her case, as they are not like the normal couples. 

 Taeyong got ready to leave, so he can meet chungha; he was pretty sure this was about what happened at the party, but was till willing to meet up with his girlfriend. Taeyong was a little worried as he did not want chungha to think, that he is cheating or something like he disrespected her by engaging with ten and having feelings. He just hoped chungha was not mad or angry.

 

On the other hand, there was Ten who was having an amazing day, the instructor praised him to no end, the instructor even called him the best dancer in the class, the dance audition went really well.

 

 

At the Cafe

 

Taeyong recognised, the back of chungha and went to her table. “hey” the older waved while taking a seat.

 

“how come, you called me here” the older added.

 

“ Taeyong, I am breaking up with you” she replied with her head facing down, not looking at him.

 

Taeyong wondered ‘why’, thinking whether it had to do with what happened at the party, was it all his fault, so many different thoughts circulating his mind and reading no definite conclusion. Before he broke himself from thinking, chungha said the reason.

 

“i got in a company and I am going to debut, I am so sorry” chungha reasoned.

 

“oh” the only thing left for taeyong to say, while he was wrapping up his thoughts. 

 

This is how chungha and taeyong broke up. 

 

“good luck with training” taeyong said.

 

“good luck with music and ten” chungha said, before she left the table to leave the cafe.

 

Taeyong saw a smile and an almost smirk on her face, she knew all along. They were better friends than being a couple. Taeyong decided to pick some food for ten along the way to treat the younger. They both have sweet tooth, so he got some cakes and other sweet delicacies for him and the younger. 

 

 

 

Ten got home, was taken over by the smell, coming from the kitchen. He could not resist the smell and went to watch his hyung cook.

Taeyong looks so handsome cooking, ten thought, he felt like a high school girl gushing over a celebrity or a crush.

 

“tennie, did not even see you there, I have a surprise for you” taeyong turned around and faced the younger with a massive smile on his face. You would not be able to tell whether this was someone who just had a break up.

 

“is it cake hyung, from the cute bakery”  ten said, but seeing the older face, he had to laugh. Taeyong wanted it to be a surprise, it turns out that the younger saw the packaging already. 

 

Ten was so happy, he never felt this happy before, everything he wanted was happening to him, his dance, his hyung and cake. Ten was feeling warm and safe. And something else, but he was not sure, he should figure it out yet.