Glass Bead

Glass Beads

Sowon eyes began to flutter open once she was positive the blinding white light was gone. Upon opening her eyes, the scenery around her wasn't what she was expecting. It wasn't their dorm, it was the school where they filmed the Glass Bead music video. She heard some hushed voices to her left. She looked over at Umji and Eunha who were reading a note. After thinking the possibilities over, Sowon came to the conclusion that she fell asleep and was remembering one of the greatest times of her life. However, this conclusion seemed to be wrong once Sowon noticed that there were no cameras around her.

'So... assuming this is like the music video, I would've just tossed the paper ball note to Umji which means SinB will snatch it from them in a second,' And just like Sowon predicted, SinB reached over and took the note from Eunha's hands.

'Now Yerin should take it...' Once again Sowon's prediction was correct. She watched as Yerin took the crumpled piece of paper out of SinB's hands. Yuju turned around and motioned for Yerin to hand her the paper. The teacher, who must've heard the quiet commotion, turned around. Eunha and SinB both tried to tell Yerin to hide the note using body language. Yerin, thanks to her quick reflexes, managed to hide the paper. Once the teacher focused his attention back on the board, Yerin passed the noted to Yuju.

'Everything is the same. We're sitting in the same seats. The note was passed in the same order. Everyone reacted the same way. What's going on?' Sowon watched as the familiar scene unfolded in front of her.

'There wasn't anything written on the paper during the filming so what's on there now?' Sowon wished that she had gotten to see the note but it seems she got added into the world a second after she would've written it.

Sowon came to the conclusion that not only was this an alternate world but these weren't her members. Sure, they were Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji but they weren't the ones she was with before the flash of light.

"Yuju, give me that milk carton," SinB whispered from behind Sowon. SinB stood up from her seat and extended her hand towards Yuju, who shook her head and attempted to shove her milk carton into her bag. However, since Yuju's bag was on the left side of her seat, SinB grabbed it as Yuju was about to put it into her bag.

SinB just started a war.

Everyone else jumped to their feet trying to get to the milk carton that SinB currently had. Sowon got up as well to try and get the girls to stop before they got in trouble. The teacher turned around and all six girls sat down quickly, SinB still holding the milk carton.

"What do you girls think you're doing? You're disrupting my class. To the wall! Arms up!" The teacher yelled from the front of the classroom while waving his pointer stick at them. All six girls stood up from their seats and walked to the back wall, Sowon falling behind slightly as she wasn't completely focused due to all of the events that have occurred in less than an hour. They raised their arms above their hands and pouted. As soon as the teacher looked back to the board, SinB turned to her right and started talking to Yerin and Yuju. The teacher heard the whispers and turned back to the girls, who quickly raised their arms above their heads again.

Their arms got tired quickly but they knew that if they put their arms down the punishment would go on longer. Eunha was about to put her arms down when Sowon grabbed her arm and held it up.

'This isn't the music video. We'll actually get in more trouble if we stop,' Sowon thought to herself as she grabbed SinB's arm that was slowly getting lower as well. The Eunbi's grabbed onto the arms next to theirs and soon all six were supporting each other. The bell rang, signaling that class had ended and it was time for lunch. The girls dropped their arms and let out sighs of relief. They were about to grab their belongings and walk out when the teacher stopped them

"Where do you think you're going? Your punishment isn't done yet. I'm expecting this room to be spotless when I'm back from my lunch meeting," The teacher instructed as he walked out.

"This is ridiculous" SinB complained as she grabbed a piece of chalk that was resting on the teacher's desk. The others had gotten brooms and dustpans already and were beginning to sweep the floor.

"Well if you didn't argue with Yuju over that stupid milk carton we wouldn't be stuck here," Umji said back as she watched SinB mess with the small piece of chalk.

SinB glared at Umji before turning to face the chalkboard behind her. Although her face couldn't be seen the others could guess that the main dancer was smirking simply by the smug aura surrounding her.

SinB wrote quickly and the other five members watched as the words 'Umji is a fool' were written sloppily on the board.

"How dare you?!" Umji shouted, her tone was obviously playful as she pointed her finger at SinB. Umji began to run at her jokingly but SinB stopped her by taking two chalkboard erasers and clapping them together in front of Umji's face. The two youngest members laughed together before everyone resumed their cleaning. It was a mischievous and playful atmosphere, the girls ran around and joked with each other as they cleaned.

Sowon had been quiet the entire time. She still wasn't sure how to react to being randomly inserted into a real-life simulation of their music video. She tried to play along to avoid suspicion and so she wouldn't worry her kids. Despite her attempts to seem normal, Yerin noticed something was off with the oldest.

"Something bothering you Giraffe?" Yerin asked as she swept the floor near the tallest. She spoke quietly so the younger girls wouldn't hear, which Sowon was thankful for.

"You calling me Giraffe bothers me," Sowon joked as she gently pushed Yerin's shoulder. They talked back and forth as they continued cleaning the small area they were in.

The cleaning finished rather quickly and they still had enough time to eat lunch. They all began walking outside towards the track. Sowon remembered the place well. All of the girls were surprised to see the lunchboxes had actual food in them. They were almost to the track when Sowon became distracted by something in her peripheral vision.

Something glimmering in the grass near the entrance had caught Sowon's eye. It almost seemed to be calling her. She reached down to get the red object but as her fingers began to wrap around the object a familiar flash caused Sowon to lose her balance and fall backward. She squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the impact. However, she didn't feel her back hit the ground, she didn't feel herself succumb to the laws of gravity. She was seated, the sound of rain hitting a window invading her ears. She opened her eyes slowly and let out a gasp at her surroundings.

'This is... impossible'